335 replies to this topic

#331 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

The Canucks have a bad habit of giving up momentum by riling up the other team.

At 3-1 they didn't need to fight the Stars players. All that did was give them something to rally around.

They just need to stick to their game, and not get involved in that stuff. I'd rather not watch 3 crappy fights and get the two points. The stars were pumped up after those fights, and played much harder. We should have just lulled them to sleep with boring play instead.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#332 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

The Canucks have a bad habit of giving up momentum by riling up the other team.

At 3-1 they didn't need to fight the Stars players. All that did was give them something to rally around.

They just need to stick to their game, and not get involved in that stuff. I'd rather not watch 3 crappy fights and get the two points. The stars were pumped up after those fights, and played much harder. We should have just lulled them to sleep with boring play instead.

I think the crowd after Hank's goal got the players too pumped up and they all wanted to do something. :lol:

#333 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,026 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Bieksa took some gambles and got burned on them. Probably one of his worst games of the season. But it's only one game.
I'm more concerned about Edler. The poor guy looks totally out of sync with the defensive side of the game. I don't know if it's a simple matter that both Bieksa and Edler are trying too hard to generate offense or what.

Keep things simple, work on the defensive side of the game, and the offense will come later. I don't think Garrison is as bad as others are making out. Tanev and Ballard are both more effective than I'd thought they'd be. Tanev is running into mistakes, but for a young player he's remarkably poised, and recovers from them real well.

I think the Canucks need to get back to basics. Look for the ugly goals, instead of the highlight reel goals. If they can play like they did the first part of the first period they can be unstoppable. Keep the plays simple, keep the puck in the opponents end, and make sure the defense knows when to pinch in, and make sure a forward gets back to cover in case the play goes sideways.

We weren't going to win every game this year. But it stings when you let the game slip away from you like that.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#334 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

you missed my point man i was trying to say mma fans can be just as redneck as hockey fans

not to mention those wrestling fans...
and how did this turn into a MMA vs Hockey thread.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#335 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

not to mention those wrestling fans...
and how did this turn into a MMA vs Hockey thread.

because it's CDC

#336 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Keys to the game

Dont sit on a lead

Stay out of the box

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.