The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Andrew Ebbett on waivers, Likely making way for Booths return

AriGold

Good news, and I say that because it's a likely indication of Booth's return. I actually hope Ebbett clears. Say what you want about him, but the guy is a great AHL player and will give the Wolves a big boost, which is only a good thing for Canucks prospects down there.

It is risky and too early for Booth so my guess is it is an attempt to help the Wolves out whose offence has been devastated by injury. Andrew Gordon took a massive barge into the boards that would have felled an elephant the other day. They were already badly hit before that.

How Gordon eventually got up and walked away from that in one piece is a miracle. (Deja vu of the Raymond incident)

Here's a crazy idea:

Sedin -- Sedin -- Kesler

Raymond -- Schroeder -- Hansen

Higgins -- Burrows -- Kassian

Volpatti -- Lapierre -- Booth

Kesler is the trigger man the Sedins need since neither wants to shoot at the opportune time (albeit it's on the PP, Kes has a way of getting himself to the open ice when playing with the Sedins)...as well, with Kes on the ice with them, the Sedins can have more shifts that start in our end;

Burrows actually looked good as a centreman -- his speed and forechecking skills serve him well in this position (ableit he wasn't so strong on the draws);

Booth should be eased into a top six role...I wouldn't expect him to be at game speed, so give him a chance to move up the line up over the course of a few games. Play him on the second PP unit.

Higgins may have played better than Kass the last two, three games but Higgins ain't so good we should be playing him on his off wing.

Danny/Hank/Burr

Booth/Kess/Kass

Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen

Higgins/Lapierre/Weise

For the next game anyway; give Volpatti a rest > looked a little sore after the docie doe with Reeves.People forget Higgins was acquired to play 4th line and be the type of depth who could move up the line up when helpful.

And cue the trade a LW conversation. We had a spare one even before Booth came back.

aa0cbb744934f73cb955ea7ad4ed2387_normal.jpegDarren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Vancouver Canucks place Ebbett on Waivers

---

My guess at new lines

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Schroder - Raymond

Kassian - Lappierre - Weise/Volpatti

Archived