The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best business or first class airline experience award....

Lui's Knob

Decided to go first class back to Vancouver from Florida on Feb 9th

Fort Lauderdale to LAX - 5:50 flight and flew American airlines.

Fantastic flight, attendant Kevin was really catering, I drank mimosas the whole flight Breakfast consisted of a egg and black bean quesadilla with a bagel and cream cheese on the side. Lot's of little fun places to rest things or places to put things away. Also there were outlets to charge my tablet which was a nice touch.

American Airlines is fantastic for first class 10/10

LAX - VAN - 2:45 flight and flew Alaskan Airlines.

Seats were big and comfy but outside of that it was just alright. No tv's, service was alright but i took advantage of the mimosas the whole flight again. The Alaskan lounge for 1st class members in LAX was fantastic though, fresh made soup and sandwiches for free, 3 free alcoholic beverages while we waited, comfy couches and it made the 2:30 layover in LAX fantastic.

Lounge 9/10

Flight 7/10

I've flown 3 times on business class.

Austrian Airlines was unreal with Air Canada and Lufthansa being the other two I've flown with.

All 3 were great and they have the awards to back it up.

Twice I've been lucky to be moved up front.

This isn't typical but the best flight I have ever been on was Czech Air going from Prague to Montreal. Capacity on the plane was probably 180 passengers. For some reason there were only about 10 paying customers and about 15 crew.

Talk about leg room. The crew kept bringing us beer and chocolates. I guess they were bored with nothing to do. My buddy and I were actually disappointed when the flight was over. Needless to say they no longer do the Prague to Montreal route.

Apart from that, the best airlines I have been on were New Zealand Air, Lan Chile, and Cathay Pacific.

The worst was Continental. You know it's bad when you get to your seat and the plane is so old the ash tray is sealed shut with duct tape.

I've flown on Air Canada's business class many times between here and London and I find it excellent. The pods are comfortable, the service is excellent and on the 777's they have the self serve snack and drink bar. I previously had Gold status with Star Alliance which has allowed me to fly business or first class on many airlines. Qatar, Singapore and Lufthansa are world class at the front of the airplaneand stand above most. The most overrated in my experience by far is Emirates. While the seats are great and everthing looks nice, I found service to be nothing to write home about and the food was mediocore at best. I've also flown on Emirates in economy and found that second to low cost and charter airlines were the most uncomfortable seats I have flown in.

Archived