The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marian Hossa makes miracle recovery, practicing with Blackhawks.

Some of you need to grow up. The guy just had a serious concussion last season, takes a knock to the head.... he likely needed to spend the mandatory 15? minutes in the quiet room. If he was only "faking" to gain a penalty he would of been back in the game...especially considering he was on fire that night and it went to OT. Why would the blackhawks give 2 craps if Janick Hansen gets suspended or not.... The coaches obviously kept him out as a precaution and hell if this was Daniel taking that hit and going down i sure as hell hope AV would do the same and keep him out for the exact same reasons.

I get that the Hawks are a hated rival but a little common sense please.

It wasn't Daniel, so that's irrelevant. And Hamhuis gets bashed around all the time with a similar history....you don't see him playing speedbump. Hossa lay there, pretty much motionless, for some time - what the hell was that all about? And is back out on the ice, playing like there's no tomorrow now? He WAS injured but the next day was not? What was it then?...a hangnail? As the thread says, miraculous. Because you don't "recover" that quickly from a head related injury after a concussion. Either you were ok or you were not...the grey areas are treated like you are not, to air on the side of safety.

Again, if someone reacts like they've been shot, then is carted out and "observed" it should be mandatory that they miss a game. That way, there's no uncertainty...guys will only stay down if they have to because it'll cost them some ice time. Would solve everything.

Ummm, your logic doesn't seem to flow here even if one were to believe a movie assessment of injury (which isn't exactly scientific). The definition you give is 100% contradictory to your conclusion.

If you can't play you are injured.... Hossa COULDN'T play, so your conclusion is that he wasn't injured?!!!!? That is the opposite of the definition you gave.

So your suggestion must be that even though he didn't play the rest of the game, it isn't because he was injured (as we could surmise from your own definition)... but it was because he was only "hurt" and the trainers treated him like he was "injured".

Well, I guess that is more possible than the suggestions he is faking it... still a pretty big stretch to make it work with your own logic.

Some of you need to grow up. The guy just had a serious concussion last season, takes a knock to the head.... he likely needed to spend the mandatory 15? minutes in the quiet room. If he was only "faking" to gain a penalty he would of been back in the game...especially considering he was on fire that night and it went to OT. Why would the blackhawks give 2 craps if Janick Hansen gets suspended or not.... The coaches obviously kept him out as a precaution and hell if this was Daniel taking that hit and going down i sure as hell hope AV would do the same and keep him out for the exact same reasons.

I get that the Hawks are a hated rival but a little common sense please.

Ah yes. If you recall Keith tried to end Daniel's career and got a measly 5 games. If it was a revenge hit then it should have at least cost him the playoffs (Bertuzzi precedent)

I am sure all these Blackhawk fans were calling for the same justice, aye?

Weather or not Hossa embellished isn't nearly as odd as Chicago withholding any statement about his condition until after Hansen was conveniently suspended. You want class from the NHL? Start with your team.

It wasn't Daniel, so that's irrelevant. And Hamhuis gets bashed around all the time with a similar history....you don't see him playing speedbump. Hossa lay there, pretty much motionless, for some time - what the hell was that all about? And is back out on the ice, playing like there's no tomorrow now? He WAS injured but the next day was not? What was it then?...a hangnail? As the thread says, miraculous. Because you don't "recover" that quickly from a head related injury after a concussion. Either you were ok or you were not...the grey areas are treated like you are not, to air on the side of safety.

Again, if someone reacts like they've been shot, then is carted out and "observed" it should be mandatory that they miss a game. That way, there's no uncertainty...guys will only stay down if they have to because it'll cost them some ice time. Would solve everything.

Lol. And we Canuck fans wonder why the league hates us so much. Hansen got ONE GAME. Yet most of you were b1tching and whining. Honestly, it seems like it's always that we are complaining about everything. For once can we just take the high road and say "Hey, that's great news, Hossa is a great player."

Withholding a statement??? Q said in the postgame that Hossa seemed fine but they would know tomorrow....and then the next day he confirmed that Hossa had passed his tests and was feeling better.

How exactly is that withholding information? Or were just making up your facts instead of looking up your facts?

You missed the opening sentence to that quote. "I saw Hossa after the game, he seemed OK but we will know more tomorrow." Exactly how skolozsy2 said it.

http://www.csnchicag...a-s-injury.htm?

The other dude had it right, you had it wrong. You might want to actually look stuff up before calling someone out on it... it took me 10 seconds and Google to get the actual video and quote that we referred to.

Typical blackhawk doubletalk. First, it's a bunch of goons, headhunters, and pugilists Now, it's divers, gutless, and sisters. Funny thing is, the two cannot exist in one entity. Consistency is the key; unfortunately, the typical Blackhawk fan possesses none, and thus engages in hypocritical attempts at trash-taking.

What's it going to be, donuts? Are you finally going to snap out of your media-induced hypnosis and see that your thinking is flawed, or would you rather stay in fantasy-land?

Wait, Keith gets 4 more games for a BLATANT intent to injure blow to the head of Sedin (losing him for the playoffs) and Hansen gets 20% of that for an INCIDENTAL contact manufactured into an overblown-over reaction by a big market US based team?Go figure!! Punk move nhl,punk.

Post game quote:

"We will know more tomorrow," Quenneville said. "It was a major concern, so hopefully he is OK. I think everybody saw it. Everybody can have their own opinion. So we'll let the people who do that stuff do their job

I know your Hawks media likes to invent silly stuff about how all the Hawks breath smell like gingerbread and they only fart rainbows, but this is the direct quote off TSN that has no real bias to either team. It doesn't say "he's fine" it says he is under observation. We got no "fine" out of Hossa till after the suspension.

And way to duck and hide from my other points. Here they are again in case you forgot:

That's about all you are going to troll out of me.

I'm surprised that this thread has lingered on for so long, but then again seeing as it is about a Blackhawk/Canuck issue maybe not. After reading through all of the posts ( painful to do ) what I can surmise from the negative posts from Canuck fans ( once I remove the obvious reactionary posts ) is that their concern is that Hansen now has a record which will effect him going forward.

Though this is true I really don't think it is as big a deal as for example another player who has received a 3 or 5 game suspension.

1 game is the minimum and if graded against all the other players in the NHL who have had suspensions Hansen would be at the very bottom of the list. Hansen is the only Canuck with a record now am I right? And it is only a 1 game suspension. This would put the Canucks at the bottom of the naughty list league wide regarding having players with records would it not?

So what is there to complain about ... really ... in the scheme of things the Canucks are doing pretty much alright. As some of your own fans have mentioned on this thread the whining and complaining is at times over the top. Having had lived in Vancouver for 20 plus years my 2c : the constant lack of sun during the winter months in lovely Vancouver does have an effect on the collective psyche of the people. Makes them a little more grumpy .. that's all. So go out and buy one of those lights and read a nice novel beside it for an hour every day and enjoy!

Archived