The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Would you trade Nicklas Jensen?**

carlweezer

I don't think Jensen will be moved, but I do think Evander Kane is movable on your list.

The Peg has a solid top 4 (Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Trouba***in 1-2 years)

and fast, young forwards (Little, Wellwood, Wheeler, Ladd, and Scheifele in a couple years as well)

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC

I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

We gain a scrappy top 6 sniper, who's not afraid to drop the gloves AND he's a hometown kid to boot!!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kane-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Now that's one strong forward group!!! Although I think the 2nd line would need a nickname right away.....the KKK line doesn't really have a good ring to it....

I really like this!

how about who gives a damn about prospects, i want a cup now while we have elite players....our window will be closed before prospects can even get a sniff of ice time from AV

Are we trying to raise Best Prospect Pool Banners or Stanley Cup Banners.

I'd trade every prospect we have for winning the cup once with this core group

I guess the trick is knowing when the trade that sacrifices your future will win you the cup.

A player that wont be a legitimate (if he ever becomes one) difference to the Canucks for another 3-5 years for A proven player that can help the Canucks win NOW???

in other words would you trade potential for actual? the future for the present?

Canucks still need that game changer, who will put us over the hump and bring the Cup home to Vancouver. However to attain this game changer it will take a roster player and our top prospect.

So are you willing to part with David Booth or Raymond + Nicklas Jensen for 1 of these players...other suggestions of players are welcome

My suggestions for players to target are:

Ryan Oreily- insane talent. 2 strides and he can catch up to anyone on the backcheck. Will be better than Kesler

Evander Kane- its not an if but a when this guy will leave the PEG. he isnt a fit with that community. Jets will look for a big return tho. we would have to add from Booth and Jensen..He makes Kesler money for 7 more years

Jarome Iginla- has 1 last good playoff push left in his tank. Would look ridiculous beside the twins

Jason Pomminville or Drew Stafford to a lesser extent. Pomminville is a game changing sniper.

Marleau or Pavelski if Sharks decide to blow it up.

Martin Hanzal (soooooo under-rated because he plays in PHX)

Brandon Dubinsky- captain material, would go through a wall for his team mates. Playoff warrior type of player

Alexander Semin - cancer in the lockeroom but unquestionable talent. and with the leaders in our room i feel like he would be a decent fit. Carolina might look to move him if they are out of the playoff push rather than risking of losing him for nothing in the off season,.

PS please note this is not a trade proposal topic, im just curious to see how far Canuck fans are willing to let go to get a game changer. because Raymond and Ballard + a 2nd wont get us a sniff of the cup

WE should trade all our prospects because they aren't going to make a difference in 3-5 years.

srysly-guise-7537_preview.gif

how about who gives a damn about prospects, i want a cup now while we have elite players....our window will be closed before prospects can even get a sniff of ice time from AV

Are we trying to raise Best Prospect Pool Banners or Stanley Cup Banners.

I'd trade every prospect we have for winning the cup once with this core group

pretty much every canucks fan but you gives a damn about prospects. Its how you build a lasting competetive franchise like detroit. just stacking your team doesnt guarantee a cup, it takes alot of things like luck and chemistry coming together at the right time. all it takes is for hamhuis to get injured and were screwed anyways, then you wasted the next 10 years of watching a good team for one shot at the cup. 3 years in a row a team added marion hossa and it wasnt till chicago that it actually worked. last year after the trade deadline did you think LA was going to win the cup? probably not cus they sucked all year and couldnt buy a goal. then everything fell into place for them and they absolutely dominated. we are a good enough team to win it if everything comes together at the same time. decimating your future and hoping that happens for you is a terrible move

im not opposed to adding a good player but no gm in their right mind would trade their best prospect when they have 2 really good starting goalies. think about that for a second. we have expendable assets but jensen is not one of them

Obviously building young talent is important (Sedins, Kes, Schneider...) but its not as important as it used to be. Look at all the guys we've aquired through free agency or trades that are now long term parts of our team (Burr, Hamhuis, Higgins, Lapierre ...).

Wrong! Our core players have all been drafted or brought up through our development program: Kesler, Sedins, Edler, Schneider, Burrows and Bieksa. Development is now important as ever since the cap will go down. So we should be keeping young gems like Jensen instead of trading them away and getting overpaid players like how Calgary Flames do. Chicago wouldn't be Chicago if they kept trading their young guys.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Word on the street says Ryan Oreily is a cancer in the dressing room

Didn't I hear somewhere he was totally pissed when they gave the C to Landeskog and that he felt that he deserved it more?

Who cares about our prospect pool, whats the point of it? so that we can float in mediocrity and 2nd round exits for the next 10 years??? those prospects are suppose to help us win a cup in 7 years, or we can trade them and they can help us win a cup now when we have legitimate top flight world class players on our team

No player, not even crosby would guarantee us a cup, Thats why you don't sacrifice future. Stanley cup aren't just won by the best team on paper, thats why its the hardest trophy to win, teams need to get hot, remain injury free, and everything needs to come together at the right time. Why mortgage future chances to win for a bit of a better shot for one year.

Didn't I hear somewhere he was totally pissed when they gave the C to Landeskog and that he felt that he deserved it more?

Not only that, they offered him the same contract that Duchene signed--you know, the guy who has been way better in every way than O'Reilly--and he told them he wanted $5mil a year or he wasn't signing.

No player, not even crosby would guarantee us a cup, Thats why you don't sacrifice future. Stanley cup aren't just won by the best team on paper, thats why its the hardest trophy to win, teams need to get hot, remain injury free, and everything needs to come together at the right time. Why mortgage future chances to win for a bit of a better shot for one year.

It's not guaranteed they will have a better shot in the future. The window for the Canucks is as good as it's ever gonna be.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Not only that, they offered him the same contract that Duchene signed--you know, the guy who has been way better in every way than O'Reilly--and he told them he wanted $5mil a year or he wasn't signing.

Bwa ha ha ha!! What a douche! Is that what his contract dispute is about? I hope the Av's don't re-sign him.

A BIG NO! You think that any of those players alone would have more points then both Booth and Raymond combined. You are giving up two depth players and a future top 6 for one player under the reasoning we need a game breaker. None of the players you listed are game breakers over the value of both Booth and Raymond combined. You are giving up team depth and futures for a player(any of the ones listed) who is only one step above or on par with Booth for point production.

You are also risking or gambling that that player will not get injured and leave the team with no scoring depth at all.

Your idea does not give the Canucks any better chances of winning a cup, but it sure the hell risks the future.

1. I wouldn't trade Jensen. He is the best player on AIK and is a legit, imminent NHL-calibre top-6 forward. He has size, is hard to knock down, but just needs to boost his aggressiveness a bit, esp. when he doesn't have the puck on his stick.

2. Deadline deals are usually for picks, not prospects, eliminating the need to even consider trading Jensen.

Do you think Dallas regrets trading away Iginla?

If it's the right move, I would trade anybody.

Probably not, since it brought them their only cup.

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC

I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

I doubt it, they would probably want quality for Kane, not quantity.

Archived