The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Would you trade Nicklas Jensen?**

carlweezer

No, we're riding this year out and probably the next 2 years, we're bringing in our prospects to fill out our roster..if anyone is trade worthy its our veterans who may have a higher value to a team looking to make a push for the cup this year or next. We are rebuilding with our youth.

Wow...CDC massively over rates Jensen. Up until his recent goal scoring streak he's been a big disappointment and even after his streak he still only has 18 pts people!!! In 47 AHL games!!

I laughed when I read someone suggesting that he is our best prospect. At the absolute best he's our 4th best prospect behind Horvat, Shink and Corrado and that might even be a stretch.

Wow...CDC massively over rates Jensen. Up until his recent goal scoring streak he's been a big disappointment and even after his streak he still only has 18 pts people!!! In 47 AHL games!!

I laughed when I read someone suggesting that he is our best prospect. At the absolute best he's our 4th best prospect behind Horvat, Shink and Corrado and that might even be a stretch.

The point is he's consistently scoring right now

When a prospect (that hasn't looked very promising) starts to live up to what people had expected, it's exciting.

IF he can keep this up only good can come of it.

If hes the piece someone wants to seal a deal for a impact non rental player absolutely. I dont really see him being all that valuable, late 2nd rounder, early third round pick, too many question marks. so might aswell let him play and see if he answers those questions.

Or you could look at it as after his slow start while recovering from a serious upper body injury, he has 13g in 22 games (8g in 11g in Feb). This is only his first real season in the AHL. The surprise was that he wasnt scoring like he is now, his current pace isnt surprising anyone.

So you want to trade for Martin Hanzal? The same Martin Hanzal that took out Santorelli for the season, caused Henrik to break his ironman streak, and cross-checked Booth in the face? Yeah no. I respect the guy's talent but it would be terrible for the locker room

So you want to trade for Martin Hanzal? The same Martin Hanzal that took out Santorelli for the season, caused Henrik to break his ironman streak, and cross-checked Booth in the face? Yeah no. I respect the guy's talent but it would be terrible for the locker room

It would protect our locker room. 1 less guy to hurt them out there.

A big RW who can snipe. Pretty much exactly what this team has needed since Bertuzzi lost his $#!%.

So no...unless he was somehow part of a package to add a similar player (E. Kane, B. Ryan, etc). But his trade value isn't as high as his with to us right now.

Archived