14 replies to this topic

#1 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty faces a hearing Sunday afternoon with the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety for an incident in a Saturday night game against the New York Rangers.
Pacioretty was assessed a minor for boarding Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh at the 7:20 mark of the second period of the game at the Bell Center. McDonagh left the game and did not return.
The Department of Player Safety will be examining boarding and/or charging infractions as the basis for potential Supplemental Discipline during the hearing.
Montreal won the game, 3-0.

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

surprised it was only 2 minute penalty after McDonagh. 12:40 left in the 2nd trailing 1-0 would of changed the game if it was a 5 minute major.

was also a little payback for McDonagh hit on Pacioretty about 3 minutes earlier.

I would think more than 3 games since Pacioretty has a record already with the league (hit to the head on Letang 11/26/11)

Edited by MayRayDown, 24 February 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#2 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,517 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Torts is fuming. No pushback.

Maybe trading Rupp was a bad idea then...
Posted Image

#3 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

i gotta say in regards to pacioretty, in recent hilight clips i haven't seen anyone remotely close to getting injured/have bad hits on them as much as pacioretty, i think the other teams' nhl players have a real hate on this guy.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#4 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E-W-HI8Drc

surprised it was only 2 minute penalty after McDonagh. 12:40 left in the 2nd trailing 1-0 would of changed the game if it was a 5 minute major.

was also a little payback for McDonagh hit on Pacioretty about 3 minutes earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa4v_L4p59A

I would think more than 3 games since Pacioretty has a record already with the league (hit to the head on Letang 11/26/11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa4v_L4p59A

If both of these videos aren't examples of why Bob Cole shouldn't be calling games, I don't know what is. Clearly misses both plays on both videos, absolutely clueless as to what extra events are goin on on the ice.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#5 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

that looks painful... that smug little smile on Max's face after the hit is also kind of worrying. I suspect a suspensiion is forthcoming

#6 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Looks like a suspension could be handed out virtually every game now.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#7 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Looks like a suspension could be handed out virtually every game now.

Maybe we will start to see less injuries as an intended result. Without Salo and heavily enforced rules, maybe the Canucks could see what going into the playoffs healthy looks like.

#8 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

that looks painful... that smug little smile on Max's face after the hit is also kind of worrying. I suspect a suspensiion is forthcoming

Max is a bit of a dirt bag . that Chara hit on Max was payback as well .. over pay, but payback none the less .. 2 or 3 games I think ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#9 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah I picked up on that smile as well. Pretty dirty hit -should get a 3/4 games. Really unnecessary to hit a guy into the boards face first.

#10 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

i gotta say in regards to pacioretty, in recent hilight clips i haven't seen anyone remotely close to getting injured/have bad hits on them as much as pacioretty, i think the other teams' nhl players have a real hate on this guy.

I get the impression that he's quite arrogant, and that won't sit well with most guys in the league. The fact he was smiling after he got the penalty is worrisome too.
Posted Image

#11 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

If both of these videos aren't examples of why Bob Cole shouldn't be calling games, I don't know what is. Clearly misses both plays on both videos, absolutely clueless as to what extra events are goin on on the ice.

That made me lol Raoul !! you are so right !

#12 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

as per Bob Mackenzie (and several other sources) no further discipline for Pacioretty

#13 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

as per Bob Mackenzie (and several other sources) no further discipline for Pacioretty

That's surprising. Guess since McDonagh wasn't injured they didn't do anything. The league should start to look at the actions instead of injuries

#14 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

If they suspended Pacioretty shouldn't they also have then suspended McDonaugh as well? I mean the hit on Pacioretty was just as bad and Pacioretty didn't even see McDonaugh coming. Both were hits from behind? I don't know this league confuses the hell outta me these days with it's suspensions. Oh, actually it always has.

#15 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think the only fix to all this is to hand out a hell of a lot more one game suspensions and then when someone does something particularly bad then give them 5,10,20 games. We will no longer be wondering if a player is gonna be suspended just how many games.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.