Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks trying yoga

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

#31 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for the lecture, I see you and sarcasm don't get along.

I'll try and be a better person like you in the future, Captain Butthurt.

Sarcasm is often hard to detect in written context. If your post was sarcasm, it was a poor attempt at it. Sounded more like a bigoted sardonic remark, to me.

No lecture. Just a couple of observations... And name-calling is a really good response. Captain Butthurt... I heard this one in the grade 3 class I subbed in 15 years ago.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#32 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Sarcasm is often hard to detect in written context. If your post was sarcasm, it was a poor attempt at it. Sounded more like a bigoted sardonic remark, to me.

No lecture. Just a couple of observations... And name-calling is a really good response. Captain Butthurt... I heard this one in the grade 3 class I subbed in 15 years ago.

Were they talking about Messier or Linden? ^_^

#33 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Try prayer. This team is desperate.

Ask Booth how that went.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#34 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

First Yoga is really hard guys I had to do it when I was in College in drama class and it was really really hard also all the homophobic remarks guys come on grow up!

I think its interesting that the coach would do this and I wonder as to the reasoning but hey why not try it perhaps they need to do something to regain their focus. it seems like they are getting out played because they have no mental game, no spark, dare I say no heart. The only ones who seem to be playing with passion are the rookies and the goalies even then they aren't consistent (except perhaps Tanev) so if this could help them regain their focus why not?

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 25 February 2013 - 11:20 PM.

w1dzz8.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#35 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Were they talking about Messier or Linden? ^_^

Bahahahaha! Nice one, Brahma Bull! :lol:

Messier, I'd like to think, but, I'm pretty sure (sarcasm :rolleyes: ) he was speaking directly to me.

#36 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

More CDC ignorance... Homophobes and uneducated, closed-minded Alpha males who know nothing about yoga.

I don't see how having a sense of humour makes one ignorant, bigoted and close-minded.

But that's just me I guess.

#37 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

More CDC ignorance... Homophobes and uneducated, closed-minded Alpha males who know nothing about yoga.

HOLY HELL WHO PISSED IN YOUR CORNFLAKES~!?
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#38 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Ignorant, bigoted, close-minded people. Even if you are "joking", just posting this proves your mindset.

I have been teaching PE for 15 years. Yoga is one of the most challenging things I have ever done. It's great for core strength, flexibility and stress reduction.

Try it before you knock it, Cheech and Chong.

Woah man, relax! I never said it was easy and I'm sure it's great. No need to spazz out at anybody who says differently or just kids around with it.

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 25 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

edit .... stupid internetz

Edited by Joe_Shmo, 25 February 2013 - 11:33 PM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#40 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Ignorant, bigoted, close-minded people. Even if you are "joking", just posting this proves your mindset.

I have been teaching PE for 15 years. Yoga is one of the most challenging things I have ever done. It's great for core strength, flexibility and stress reduction.

Posted Image

dontforgettolentil.png

#41 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Woah man, relax! I never said it was easy and I'm sure it's great. No need to spazz out at anybody who says differently or just kids around with it.

HOLY HELL WHO PISSED IN YOUR CORNFLAKES~!?

I don't see how having a sense of humour makes one ignorant, bigoted and close-minded.

But that's just me I guess.

Sorry, boys.

I just don't think this is the place for homophobic remarks and I don't find them funny. Linking yoga with being gay or lesbian, to me, is homophobic and ignorant, IMO.

Sorry if you disagree.

PS - I'm a Honey Nut Cheerios guy, Joe_Shmo... Good for the cholesterol.

#42 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image

It was the first "comic duo" off the top of my head, WaS. Pretty bad choice and, yeah, probably comes across as name calling. Maybe "Lucy and Ricky", "Potsy and Ralph" or "Laverne and Shirley" would be better?

Honestly, no offence meant, dude.

#43 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

I think Bitz started the whole yoga thing last year

i miss Bitz
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#44 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

i miss Bitz

You have to admit... Kibbles was better, though.

#45 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,249 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Not the wake up call I was expecting.

With all due respect to yoga and its place in fitness, those clowns should of been bag skated till they puked followed by a few lengths if the seal drag.

So after 3 games in four days, you think the best idea is to wear them down even further?

I know people want results, but that would not be the way to get them.

But...but it's gay...

It's only gay if you're doing it with your boyfriend.

If not, it's just stretching and core strengthening. I'd rather do yoga, then pull my groin and walk around like a gimp.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#46 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

I thought they'd been doing yoga since forever....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Press the Panic Button! arrow.small.up.gif

Signature-canuckmunkey.jpg
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl, Steve Montador
Sig by .CM.

#47 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I thought they'd been doing yoga since forever....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maybe only the prospects did it?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#48 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Couple harmless comments and people gotta be some human rights hero. Settle down, heroes.. Judging people over the 30 seconds of their life they took to make a silly Internet post isn't getting any us closer to world peace. Especially when you have no idea who your judging or what good they have done in the world. Some of us could have you beat by a mile. Give it a rest, you perfect little angels...

#49 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

That's pretty gay.. They should go to a boxing gym and smack each other around a bit. Wake em up and bring em together, I think it could work lol

Yoga? What's next, group tap dancing class? We need to spark the fierce competitor in them not the zen-topia freebird wussies! If this was av's idea I'll join the firing bandwagon.

Concussions all around! :lol:

Let's take some of the top percentage strength people in the world and have them batter each other in the heads, risking injury to both wrists and heads. Pfft it's a shortened season already so they'll probably get injured anyway!

And I'm only mocking a small portion of your post that can be mocked entirely.

Edited by Hansen 36, 26 February 2013 - 12:34 AM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#50 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Those are some interesting pictures of our prospects doing Yoga. I love the look on Hodgson's face. He looks kind of confused.

I feel like a bad fan though because I did not recognize most of those guys though some of them look familiar........

Couple harmless comments and people gotta be some human rights hero. Settle down, heroes.. Judging people over the 30 seconds of their life they took to make a silly Internet post isn't getting any us closer to world peace. Especially when you have no idea who your judging or what good they have done in the world. Some of us could have you beat by a mile. Give it a rest, you perfect little angels...

I suppose people wouldn't be so sensitive over this topic if the world we lived in was more accepting, it may seem like harmless comments made just for laughs and without malice intent to some but for others who are gay or lesbians or bisexual and are having to deal with this type of behavior in all facets of their life it can be quite frustrating. So I doubt people are really judging people because they are trying to be 'human right heroes' but mainly because some of us are sick and tired of this even having to be an issue.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 26 February 2013 - 12:54 AM.

w1dzz8.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#51 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Those are some interesting pictures of our prospects doing Yoga. I love the look on Hodgson's face. He looks kind of confused.

I feel like a bad fan though because I did not recognize most of those guys though some of them look familiar........

I suppose people wouldn't be so sensitive over this topic if the world we lived in was more accepting, it may seem like harmless comments made just for laughs and without malice intent to some but for others who are gay or lesbians or bisexual and are having to deal with this type of behavior in all facets of their life it can be quite frustrating. So I doubt people are really judging people because they are trying to be 'human right heroes' but mainly because some of us are sick and tired of this even having to be an issue.

Well said, Gillyfluffball.

This forum, the classrooms we teach in, and the cities and towns we live in are full of kids. If we allow one another to act this way publicly, how are kids going to learn that it's inappropriate to speak in this manner?

#52 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Practicing the downward milk hot dog, kassquatch warrior pose, or tan man sun salutation could one day save your life.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#53 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

It's really easy to say what you mean on the internet, thad. There is no recourse for ignorance, name-calling and general bad behavior other than being reported and banned from boards like these. You are able to hide and not "face the music" other than people responding to what you post.

I am not a "perfect little angel" nor am I a "human rights hero". I am a 45 year old, heterosexual, married male who happens to take offense to people like you who "joke" about homosexuality. I have gay friends. They would take offense, too.

If you have done "good" in the world, good on you, dude. Keep doing it. In my eyes, and in many other's eyes here on this forum and elsewhere, you have not done "good" by showing ignorance to gays and lesbians... and practicers of yoga for that matter.

#54 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Sorry, boys.

I just don't think this is the place for homophobic remarks and I don't find them funny. Linking yoga with being gay or lesbian, to me, is homophobic and ignorant, IMO.

Sorry if you disagree.

PS - I'm a Honey Nut Cheerios guy, Joe_Shmo... Good for the cholesterol.

Wow, homophopic behaviour sure does grind your gears.

Enjoy your not-so-cheery-O's *limpwrist*
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#55 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Wow, homophopic behaviour sure does grind your gears.

Enjoy your not-so-cheery-O's *limpwrist*

Nice.

:sadno:

#56 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

I think they should make AV bag skate.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#57 Lers780

Lers780

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Luuuuuuu Luuuuuuu Lemon!

#58 Steve23

Steve23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

I've practiced Bikram yoga and have finished a few half marathons. I'd easily say a 60min Bikram class is more grueling than any multi-hour half-marathon I've done. The combination of heat, and physical complexity can beat the pants off of you.

That just shows your total ignorance on the subject. Have you ever tried a full-on high-movement Hot yoga routine? (There are all kinds of approaches to yoga.) You'd be sucking air, sweating like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee contest, and begging for mercy.

#59 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Relax.

#60 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Alright everyone! Stop hijacking my thread!

Those of you using terms like "gay" to describe something negatively are being bigoted, the one guy who used "fagg"; adding an extra g does not make that term any less offensive. I trust that you were all joking, but I'm sure there are a lot of homosexual Canucks' fans and board readers that aren't too happy that you find their orientation funny.

Now, to get this thing back on topic: Cody looks like he's pretty desperate to get out of their in that picture.... early warning sign of things to come?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.