The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

trade deadline coming up quick

im excited 35 days til trade deadline do you think bobby luo will be traded or will gillis wait til the nhl draft??? with all the ufa availabe next yr what teams do you think will be sellers at deadline?

sabres jackets caps avs flames are my best bets. I cant believe flyers got gagne for a 4th rounder

but kings need to resign 4 dmen a backup and five forwards next yr and have only 10 million to do it haha bye bye kings cup dynasty.

Five players i hope vancouver tries for at deadline are whitney or jagr set up men for kesler booth. alfie to play with sedins for one last cup run. jared boll or dorsett hard hitting grinder id love to hear who youd like canucks to pickup

Having been a fan for over 30 years. I've seen the many lows of this team - and cheered for the few highs - notably 2011 and how close but oh so far we were away.

Tonight for me (err vs Phx on Tues), makes me say: M.G. Please sharpen your pencil if you haven't already, and make a deal. I'm not talking about moving one of the goalies necessarily either.

I know there has to be a trading partner, but the way I see it, we lost a couple of good players from the 2011 cup final team: Torres, and Samuelson. Samuelson (sp?) I know got us booth, but look at the energy we had from Torres. Salo gone - wanted too much. point is we are missing some key parts of the 11 team. we need to retool. and now !

I feel there have been a couple decisions such as letting Torres get away as a bad one in some respects.

I know trades are easier done hypothetically, but we are in danger in my opinion of seeing this season slip away. Minnesota could definitely over take us, and we may not be guaranteed one of the top 3 spots.

IF Gillis can do it, I'd try to move something like: Ballard, Raymond, Schneider/or Luongo, Kessler for a goalie in return plus two forwards. E.g. we might have to make a couple trades, we need to retool.

Raymond has had flashes, Ballard is overpaid, and Kessler is not as strong as he was. The Kessler injury thing I know factors in, but we need to do something to be able to score. How come a team like Pittsburgh can have so much balance (such as Kennedy, and others)?

We are too confident in our group and I'm losing confidence by the minute

Archived