330 replies to this topic

#121 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

I can't understand for the life of me with the talent we have on defense how they can play soo poorly... Guys are being put into roles they simply shouldn't be in... Every single freaking Coyotes goal was a better chance than we saw all ???? night..and we outshot them by a decent margin.

#122 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,575 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Get rid of AV and hire Ruff

that solves nothing if u want this team to be playing tougher and more urgent

#123 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Booth getting paid over 4 million to do what exactly?

Ballard getting paid over 4 million to do what exactly?

Just want to remind everyone bitchign about those contracts that Gillis did not sign those players. Blame Florida's management for their horrendous contracts.

#124 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Move Volpatti and Kassian up to the second line and move Kassian to the left side. Put Booth on the 4th.

#125 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Schneider made that one big save early but aside from that meh

Defense was absolute crap all game, nice of us to giftwrap the empty net goal for them at the end

at least Garrison got a goal

and lol @ 9 hits for the game

Edited by Primus099, 26 February 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#126 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

allowed to walk right in front of the vancouver goal is a statement
I've heard entirely too much this year.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#127 Mikey2Dope

Mikey2Dope

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

/facepalm henrik

solid game really?

I was in the other room and heard that from the TV so I assumed it was someone from the Coyotes saying that. When I saw it was Henrik my jaw dropped. If that's what they think constitutes a solid effort than this team is in serious trouble.

#128 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,575 posts

Booth getting paid over 4 million to do what exactly?

Ballard getting paid over 4 million to do what exactly?

booth just got back

ballard has had a bad stretch of hockey but before that was our best defense man with tanev funny how he is crap without him

#129 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

I think Kassian needs to play left wing, he has troubles breaking out on the right side a lot.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#130 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

I was in the other room and heard that from the TV so I assumed it was someone from the Coyotes saying that. When I saw it was Henrik my jaw dropped. If that's what they think constitutes a solid effort than this team is in serious trouble.

I know!!! Scary!!!
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#131 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,620 posts

At this point it's not about better, but different. This team needs a culture change either through trade or coaching. And stop harping on Schneider for letting in weak goals, he's backed up by the King of letting in pathetic goals in Lu.

Oh I forgot Schneider is incapable of having a bad game... :rolleyes:

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#132 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Ruff may not be the answer, but there has to be some good candidates out there that can come in and change the message and light a fire under this team.

I had never heard of Dan Blysma until Pittsburgh hired him. Seemed to work out well for them!

#133 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

so whats your explanation for the last half of last year and this year?

60 minutes ...
whats so hard about a full team effort for the entire game?

Every team has its ups and downs. Canucks winning the Presidents' Trophy and having excellent back-to-back seasons is itself an evidence of a full team effort in most of the sets of 82 games they played. :)
Posted Image

#134 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,515 posts

This.

Also, if that is a legit quote, Schneider sounds kind of entitled and conceited.

lol wut? I love that quote by Schneider.. by his own admission its been a frustrating season and he holds himself up to a much higher standard than he has been so far.. I see nothing wrong with his comments.

#135 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, I love Hank but that's shoddy leadership there. I don't know if players just say something like that to the media to hide any negativity, but if he really means it then it's obvious the whole team needs a kick in the pants, starting with the captain.

Solid effort? frack that, just call it like it is Hank. We're not stupid.

#136 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

allowed to walk right in front of the vancouver goal is a statement
I've heard entirely too much this year.

Isn't this two games in a row that this has happened? Either AV was embarrassed enough to make sure his team doesn't do it again, and failed, or he isn't embarrassed by it. Either way it is unacceptable.

#137 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

6th game in 10 nights, 4th game in past 6th, Canucks were exhausted . Wanna see something scary? look at the schedule next month....

#138 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

watching the Schenids interview and I want to give him a great big hug. I love how he took full responsibility for that loss and yes he did play only so-so but it wasn't all on him. The D (other then Tanev :wub: ) is just horrible and the rest of the team just needs to wake up! Play with some heart!

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#139 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,575 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

6th game in 10 nights, 4th game in past 6th, Canucks were exhausted . Wanna see something scary? look at the schedule next month....

playing every other night with one back to back hope they figure this out soon or that could turn ugly

#140 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

every team is in the same boat, no excuse

#141 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Well that sucked! Hopefully the guys can regroup by Saturday. :wacko:
Posted Image

#142 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

Every team has its ups and downs. Canucks winning the Presidents' Trophy and having excellent back-to-back seasons is itself an evidence of a full team effort in most of the sets of 82 games they played. :)

Presidents Trophy is from feasting on the
Northwest division

the end..
also you can't possibly say they played a full 60 minutes most games if you watched every game last year.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#143 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Feel bad for both goalies having to play behind this team's defense so far. Loss of Salo is ridiculously showing now with his stalwart defense. Edler looks like a trainwreck without Salo calming him down. This has to be a headache for Gillis. Schneider's first real shot at being a starter and he's just not looked anything like he did when he was a 'backup'. Gotta really wonder if you're rolling the dice or not. Then again, I thought that our cup window already closed even before last year when teams improved after our SCF run. Trade whichever goalie gets the best back then start gearing up for a rebuild potentially. This core just isn't going to get it done. I know it sounds crapty but if people want to win a cup any time soon you'll probably be best off trading off the core while they're still worth a big price. We need a second line bad, and our defense is just a joke. We have a bunch of average 2-4th guys.

#144 whcanuck

whcanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Okay, here's my thoughts on this game. I never like losing, but this effort was extremely bogus. If I had the chance of playing in the NHL, I would give 110 percent every single shift. Coasting is inexcusable, you have to play every shift with maximal effort, anything less, and go have a seat at the end of the bench or find something else to do. So with that out of my system, here are my thoughts.

1. Defense has got to improve, immensely. The passing is poor, defensive and zone coverage is extremely poor. We are very spotty with the puck as well in the neutral zone,, so many bush-league giveaways that Bantam players make. I don't know if it's coaching or these players just aren't that good, I think it's the former. If I would give a grade to each defenseman in this game it would be Tanev C+, Edler F, Hamhuis D, Alberts C-, Garrison B-. Tanev is usually very solid, so he gets off the hook. Edler is alarmingly awful right now, I would get ticked at a midget player for making that mistake on that goal. What in the heck was he doing? I would have sat him on the end of the bench so fast his head would spin. Hamhuis has taken a huge step back this year, his play looks very un-Hamhuis like. He is flat out not performing and he's a liability defensively.

2. Ryan Kesler, stop thinking you're the greatest player in the league, play with your teammates, buckle down and get to work! This guy is playing like he thinks he's hall of fame bound at the end of his career. I like Ryan Kesler, but his effort out there was inexcusable tonight. You can't just bring it against the good teams Ryan! You're better than that. David Booth looked lost and ineffective throughout the whole game.

3. Give Chris Higgins more ice time. Every time I see him, he's giving it his all. Making things happen, the other players could learn a thing or two from him.

4. Schneider played okay, but he has to find a way to make that save on Phoenix's third goal. Things like that that makes me think he's not ready to be the number one guy, especially on this team's lack of patience with goalies. In a one goal game late in the third, you have to come up with that stop, no excuses.

5. Besides the Sedins, Burrows and Higgins, every single player needs to take a hard look in the mirror after that effort, that was inexcusable. Lazy, uninspired and completely bogus.

Perhaps a coaching change is in order. If things continue to go this way, fans who have been calling for it may get their wish. Francesco Acquilini has zero patience with underperformance.

With that said, there's lots of season left, but this team needs to wake up and take a look in the mirror, because this play is flat out not good enough, the NHL is too competitive and if they think they can play like this in the playoffs, a four game sweep will be in order. They can still turn this thing around. Go Canucks!

Edited by whcanuck, 26 February 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#145 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Isn't this two games in a row that this has happened? Either AV was embarrassed enough to make sure his team doesn't do it again, and failed, or he isn't embarrassed by it. Either way it is unacceptable.

Its bush league is what it is.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#146 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I think our team is one of the most mentally resilient and determined teams in the National Hockey League. Amidst of the trolls who tend to criticize than believe on Vancouver, the team is nevertheless trying to play hard for even a small handful, who believe no matter what happens to the Canucks.

Just think of our goaltenders, who receive even more pressure than do the players. I truly applaud them, and I believe next game, our Canucks will be able to pull off a sweet victory. GO CANUCKS GO! :towel:
Posted Image

#147 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Maybe this is the one-too-many beers talking right now but I feel like this is such a loser franchise. The Canucks have been in existance since 1970 with ZERO cups to show for all their time in the league. They just seem like they're in that group of teams with the Sharks and Capitals that will forever be losers.

#148 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

every team is in the same boat, no excuse

Look where we live compared to every other NHL team, especially compared to teams in the east and the central div.

Edited by p0o0o0f, 26 February 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#149 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,374 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

If the captain of the team thinks that was a solid effort then there's a problem.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#150 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

I think our team is one of the most mentally resilient and determined teams in the National Hockey League. Amidst of the trolls who tend to criticize than believe on Vancouver, the team is nevertheless trying to play hard for even a small handful, who believe no matter what happens to the Canucks.

Just think of our goaltenders, who receive even more pressure than do the players. I truly applaud them, and I believe next game, our Canucks will be able to pull off a sweet victory. GO CANUCKS GO! :towel:

Give it a rest, will ya? We get it, you're a pom-pom waving Canucks cheerleader. Good for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.