The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes 4-2 Canucks

JE14

From an outsiders perspective it doesn't look like the Canucks are playing with any sense of urgency on a consistent basis. There's no question the Canucks have some incredible talent on the team, but the motivation doesn't seem to be there. Something needs to wake these guys up and the overall team defense needs to improve.

What was with all the solo dashes today? Jesus Canucks, there are 4 other skaters out there with you.

And why does it take us 3 tries to clear the zone.

Schneider was pissed off post game btw. Direct quote:

"I'm getting tired of playing like an average goalie. It's getting ridiculous."

Kesler, Booth, Raymond, Kassian, Higgins, Hansen not even threatening offensively. Emphasis on the first 3. We can't call ourselves a depth team if the depth players aren't going to score.

At this point it's not about better, but different. This team needs a culture change either through trade or coaching. And stop harping on Schneider for letting in weak goals, he's backed up by the King of letting in pathetic goals in Lu.

I thought the Canucks were the better team for a majority of the game.

Chipchura goal- Brudel defense.

Boedker goal- Bad bounce off Lapierres skate.

Vermette goal- Defence and goalie could have been a bit better on it.

Other thoughts:

- Garrisson and Alberts played well.

- Schneider played solid.

- Edler played bad defense.

- Sedins looked like the Sedins.

- I'd rather have no refs then the ones we have right now.

ugh watching the coyotes is like watching paint dry, if you have that game PVR'd go back and watch the second period, they made TWO passes out of their own zone the entire period. the rest of the period was off the boards/icing or dumped out. pathetic hockey to watch the NHL should be ashamed of the product being put on the ice by teams like the coyotes/predators.

Normally, the dump and chase help to set up Sedins' cycles and power play opportunities. It's just that in tonight's game, our usual offensive method was not overly effective. Defensive lapses can be attributed as a part of our reason for tonight's loss. This is when we need Bieksa.

What was with all the solo dashes today? Jesus Canucks, there are 4 other skaters out there with you.

And why does it take us 3 tries to clear the zone.

Schneider was pissed off post game btw. Direct quote:

"I'm getting tired of playing like an average goalie. It's getting ridiculous."

Kesler, Booth, Raymond, Kassian, Higgins, Hansen not even threatening offensively. Emphasis on the first 3. We can't call ourselves a depth team if the depth players aren't going to score.

At this point it's not about better, but different. This team needs a culture change either through trade or coaching. And stop harping on Schneider for letting in weak goals, he's backed up by the King of letting in pathetic goals in Lu.

Cory was amazing in the first 10 min, it could have been 3 nothing by the end of the first. This defence needs to get it's head out of it's @ss ! It's an absolute joke right now. If they've tuned out the coach which it looks like they have(or are starting too), than AV needs to go!

they need to get rid of the dead weight conracts soon. The 4 million dollar plus players doing jack crap for us, such as ballard, booth, to some extent Garrison, something's gotta give, something will give.

Don't expect any coaching changes made at least during the summer pending on the result. I can't see A.V still hanging around if they don't get pass round 1.

I thought the Canucks were the better team for a majority of the game.

Chipchura goal- Brudel defense.

Boedker goal- Bad bounce off Lapierres skate.

Vermette goal- Defence and goalie could have been a bit better on it.

Other thoughts:

- Garrisson and Alberts played well.

- Schneider played solid.

- Edler played bad defense.

- Sedins looked like the Sedins.

- I'd rather have no refs then the ones we have right now.

Archived