The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for folks to clue in to Schneider's actual performance over three seasons.

.929 sv% with a 2.23 gaa

.937 sv% with a 1.96 gaa

.926 sv% with a 2.13 gaa and climbing steadily since opening night

.933 sv% with a 1.95 gaa since game 1 - does that look familiar?

Those are the numbers of a consistent, bona-fide top 5 NHL goaltender.

If a team wants a top five player at any position, what is the price?

What is the price if he is a younger player, at a relative bargain of a cap hit?

As far as I'm concerned Schneider is up for grabs...for the right price. It would be absolutely no problem trading Schneider for another top young NHL ready prospect, straight up. For a forward obviously or a decent forward + 1st rounder. Then we go back to sticking with Luongo. If management is smart they have all their chips in play right now.

Actually a bird in hand equals a good dinner. Two birds in the bush equals seed transfer, growth for other animals to feed on, spring love if they're are of the opposite sex, and a potential two meals for other animals.

To this I say two birds one stone by trading Schneider and getting an exceedingly better return than with a Luongo trade.

Agree with all who claim Schneids is the best. It's why in a couple trade proposals over the past few months, I suggested a LUDICROUS return for Van(if they dealt him) -for which i was HECKLED, DARNITALL!

Love this kid. But let's give a shout-out to ol'RollietheGoalie..Maybe the guy can work similar wonders with our other fine young 'tenders!

& let's give a whoo-hoo to Gillis' patience, as well. As the guy in that song sings, "At least I've got options!" Any who moan about his methodical, exhaustive approach are the ones who'll complain about a little drizzle, then later next day, the bright glare of the hot sun...

That's true. You shouldn't have attacked him.

No, it does not count against the Cap. Hence 'Amnesty.' The organization could afford it if it was decided internally the way to go. It certainly wouldn't put the team in the Red.

Lou won't be bought out though, I'm not arguing that. We may take some salary back but I have no doubt that there is a list of teams that are ready to assume the liability of the deal, and give up assets, to acquire a marquee goalie.

Would rather have Bogosian than Byfgulien for a number of reasons - first would be the asking price, second Bogosian is an RFA at less than half the cap hit, third his underlying numbers are as good as Byfgulien's, fourth I think he has as much upside (Bogosian is only 22), and I think Bogosian may actually be a more steady blueliner.

What about new jerus?

Something like

Schneider for henrique and clarkson

Get that tough 2nd line RW who can put the puck in the net and protect his team mates

Henrique would be the supposed 3rd line centre everyone seems to want. Very clutch in last years playoffs.

May néed some picks thrown in to balance out but seems like a realistic framework. Only problem is new jersey doesn't have much else up front.

What about new jerus?

Something like

Schneider for henrique and clarkson

Get that tough 2nd line RW who can put the puck in the net and protect his team mates

Henrique would be the supposed 3rd line centre everyone seems to want. Very clutch in last years playoffs.

May néed some picks thrown in to balance out but seems like a realistic framework. Only problem is new jersey doesn't have much else up front.

Archived