Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

you need to stop taking stupid pills

brilliant response

you need to stop pretending like your irrelevant butthurt opinions about Luongo are facts

#212 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

It is true that Lu's contract could be a burden going forward. But Schneider is far more likely to return a cap friendly contract or two in a trade. Schneider could return a young forward who is paid $3M but produces like a $6M player.

I actually have no preference of which goalie gets traded, I just want it done already

#213 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

I actually have no preference of which goalie gets traded, I just want it done already

we're left with a great goalie no matter who gets traded, it's just a matter of what will get us a better return

#214 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Just trade a goalie already Jesus Christ. If this keeps up they will both be worth crap in the off season. How can you get on your game when your sharing time?

And unlike before, its not like there is friendly competition btw the goalies...now its more like play well or you will be traded to Florida...or Toronto.

And even scary threats like that aren't getting through on some nights cuz they already got no. 1 goalie contracts. :picard:

The goalies are sick of it, the fans are sick of it, and other teams GM's are prolly sick of it too. Pretty sure they are all past that point where they were supposed to be desperate for a goalie and come running to the nucks.

MG is playing it cool like two goalies are gonna work to our benefit, but really its screwing us over and will be much much worse next year with the cap going down (other Gm's will have more leverage on Gillis). Its not like we are trying to trade Ovechkin Crosby here (true superstar); we can't really be fleeced that bad when the goalie market seems to have set and accepted Luongo's price. MG is the only one fighting it at this point.

There's footage from after the Calgary game where Luongo and Schneider are talking... Looked pretty friendly to me...

You're out to lunch; a simpleton fan.

#215 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Ok expert, I'll bite. Tell me all the technical ways that lou is better than Schneider and tell me about how and where you obtained this knowledge, down in Melbourne Australia ? You might come up with one, cuz thats all I came up with !

You single handedly remind me why I feel I'm at the schoolyard when I read your posts. No way you're in your forties-fifties.

#216 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

we're left with a great goalie no matter who gets traded, it's just a matter of what will get us a better return

Schneider will get us a better return because of his age and contract status. But those factors should also be considered when evaluating the goalies' comparative values to the team.

Schneider has more value to the team for the same reasons he has more trade value. Therefore whatever he returns in a trade must be substantially better than a prospective return for Luongo in order for a Schneider trade to make sense.

I think Schneider would have to return not only a better package as far goes hockey value, he must also return a more cap friendly package.

Edited by Mookie Wilson, 05 March 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#217 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

There's footage from after the Calgary game where Luongo and Schneider are talking... Looked pretty friendly to me...

You're out to lunch; a simpleton fan.

How in the hell did you come up with that answer to Adneils post? Talk about being out to lunch !! What a piece of work you are ! And...once again. you only respond to a single point of many. Go try bowling !

#218 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Schneider's contract in three seasons is up and he will be an UFA. He is getting 4.0 million a season now and will command a hefty pay raise. The problem is that next year the cap hit is going down, and in two years you have to sign Daniel and Henrik.

#219 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

You single handedly remind me why I feel I'm at the schoolyard when I read your posts. No way you're in your forties-fifties.

Funny, you posed the same question to me as to my qualifications when you renamed yourself after getting banned...short...selective memory you have !

#220 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,136 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Posted this in the Luongo news thread (and discussion thread) so might as well put it here as well:

News1130Sports
Sportsnet's Doug MacLean says this morning - no market for Robert Loungo trade and he's heard talk Cory Schneider may be the one traded.

I'd say the first real (as far as we know) insight into a turn in tide for who Gillis may be getting the most calls on. Grain of salt as always.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#221 bear2

bear2

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

well as a bear sees it, Schneider is more tradable cause he doesn't have a NTC clause so he's more easily marketable. Trading Lu is too complicated.

so is the trade deadline at 12:00 am on the 3rd or at 11:59 pm?

I believe a trade will be made with less than a minute remaining before the deadline.

so do they have to have something signed by then or just a verbal agreement?

#222 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

It would be 12:00pm. That being said, every year, trades will be reported by NHL.com past 12pm.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#223 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Funny, you posed the same question to me as to my qualifications when you renamed yourself after getting banned...short...selective memory you have !

The technicality of goaltending.

#224 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,136 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

It would be 12:00pm. That being said, every year, trades will be reported by NHL.com past 12pm.

More particularly that the paperwork needs to be in and at least getting processed by 12pm. If they don't have the paperwork in time, even if the teams have agreed, then the deal can't go through.

#225 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,337 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

well as a bear sees it, Schneider is more tradable cause he doesn't have a NTC clause so he's more easily marketable. Trading Lu is too complicated.

so is the trade deadline at 12:00 am on the 3rd or at 11:59 pm?

I believe a trade will be made with less than a minute remaining before the deadline.

so do they have to have something signed by then or just a verbal agreement?

11am - 3pm (EST)

8am - 12pm (PST)

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#226 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

it will probably be a surprise last minute trade like the Hodgson trade

#227 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Luongo has the better stats and we need secondary scoring. Trade Schneider.

Bottom line...this ^^^^

#228 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

gillis only knows florida on the nhl map....

#229 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Schneider's contract in three seasons is up and he will be an UFA. He is getting 4.0 million a season now and will command a hefty pay raise. The problem is that next year the cap hit is going down, and in two years you have to sign Daniel and Henrik.

I'm sure Dank and Hank will take a pay cut two years from now or at least the same amount which is manageable.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#230 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

The choices are the same as they have been since day one.

a) trade Schneider.

B) keep both goaltenders

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#231 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

^^^^
I don't use smileys ever. Not sure what happened there?

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#232 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

^^^^
I don't use smileys ever. Not sure what happened there?

It's a forum default. What you did was the shortcut for the smiley emoticon. B) = "b"+ ")" (clearly without the quotations and plus sign).
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#233 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

@HeadtotheNet: Lebrun on the Team radio saying he senses a strong offer for #Canucks' Schneider will come over next few weeks.

Damn, I was hoping to keep Schneider. IMO he is going to be the better goalie.

#234 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

"@HeadtotheNet: Lebrun on the Team radio saying he senses a strong offer for #Canucks' Schneider will come over next few weeks."

well hot diggity, final something happening

Edited by canuckfan85, 07 March 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#235 bear2

bear2

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

so the deadline is 3 pm Eastern or 12 noon Pacific, can we expect TV coverage on deadline day? I believe TSN and Sportsnet provided live coverage last year on the day of the trade deadline, wasn't that January last year?

Does the NHL have to approve any trade before it is official?

#236 bear2

bear2

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Last year it was Monday, Feb 27. I found this interesting:

http://en.wikipedia...._trade_deadline

#237 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

I'm fine if we trade Schneider but I hope either a. lack is ready in a couple of years b. draft a goalie ASAP
Posted Image

#238 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

"@HeadtotheNet: Lebrun on the Team radio saying he senses a strong offer for #Canucks' Schneider will come over next few weeks."

Lebrun is using his spidey sense?!? LOL

I thought the Canucks had already fielded strong offers for Schneider.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#239 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

so the deadline is 3 pm Eastern or 12 noon Pacific, can we expect TV coverage on deadline day? I believe TSN and Sportsnet provided live coverage last year on the day of the trade deadline, wasn't that January last year?

Yes, otherwise it isn't a trade.

All of the paperwork must be submitted by noon Pacific, and then the documents need to be reviewed before it becomes official. This is why there are often trades announced after the actual deadline because, thought the documents were submitted on time, they still need to be processed by the NHL head office.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#240 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,136 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

I guess you haven't been watching any TV on Sportsnet or TSN. It's still a month away and they already have ads about all the draft day coverage they'll have, basically suspending all other programming like they have in previous years to cover the deadline moves.

And yes, the NHL does approve all contracts and trades. They check for any issues with cap, roster and contract limits, as well as any other impediments. They can't just trust the teams to do that in case there's a different interpretation of a CBA rule. We saw that with the Calgary offer sheet just recently, so there needs to be a final signoff from the league as a result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.