474 replies to this topic

#301 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Even if I like Kassian, like CoHo (not a fanboy and didn't whine about him going), would have rather moved Luongo already and am patient & feel like I trust in GMMG - I am getting worried if he missed a beat somewhere. We're still leading our division and had a good run there for a while. But even GMMG can't say we don't need help on offense & D. What is going on?

Denial looks like this.

#302 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,121 posts

I could never get you wrong :wub:

I agree. I would have waived Volpatti over Weise because of the age difference. They play an identical game and pretty much do everything equally. I'll take the younger guy in that regard.

This threads so angry and we seem so calm, want to skip this place and go get lunch? :lol:

FxfBlgI.png

#303 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,911 posts

Volpatti >>>>>>> Ebbett.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#304 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Where were you a week or so ago when it was 6 - love?

Habs were embarassed about that drubbing and made the adjustments, any beatdown on the Leafs is a good day for me.

#305 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

This threads so angry and we seem so calm, want to skip this place and go get lunch? :lol:

Sure. Then back to my place :bigblush:
Posted Image

#306 JPizzle

JPizzle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yes, they do. I'm sure Ebbett and/or Sweatt play the same kinda game as Volpatti does.

NEFC

#307 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,402 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Someone else already gave you a posi for this post.

Lets make that 2!

:towel:

But seeing as Patti is gone; lets beat the drum for a talented heart and soul guy in our near future? And it need not be restricted to a guy willing to stand up; guys like Dougie Gilmour, Fleury, Burrows...

Chicago's 4th line looks dynamite and a threat to score flying all over the ice centered by Krueger, and still with some meat on its bones (Bollig)...

By my take; we should sign or trade for a veteran centre and a veteran RW, and our 4th line should be Higgins/Schroeder / Kassian. Schroeder could still centre the 2knd PP. And they should fore check like mad frickin demons, be a threat to score and any could move up to a top line at any time for match up's/injuries!

The team could roll 4 lines with impunity. A veteran like Brouwer already knows how to stick his nose in, where to score, how to keep his body ready to giver er hell every day. As good as Kass is, he still needs to learn that at his age. These guys would still be playing with some serious talent and it would make them earn their time which did a world of good for guys like Kesler and Burrows when they came up!

Knowing him personally, and having been a teammate of his, I am going to step in and defend your attack here. He is a heart and soul player. He was never a top talent on any team he played for, and made the NHL on heart, soul and effort alone. Always a popular guy with the team as he would go to battle for you. I don't know where in the hockey dictionary it says Heart and Soul means being a skilled player that is immune to injury.

He knew his role, and put everything he could into it. Something you don't find often with guys in the NHL, as they are used to all their lives having been the top players on their teams and often go into a sulk when they are expected to change their roles and accept them.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 28 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#308 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Weise's face got sad hearing about this news.

#309 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Ya cuz I'm the idiot that thinks a career ahl player who is constantly injured is the answer. Good logic.

Answer to what? Volpatti was not going to make the team, but injuries got him a spot including the career(dumb analysis) ahl player you write of. Regardless Volpatti was on his way to the AHL before the season even started, he was lucky the Canucks had a number of injuries. I feeling sorry for people who were unable to see is coming. Pinozzotto was way higher on the call up list than Volpatti and is still, thus Volpatti put on waivers. Not hard to understand, but on this forum I'm not surprised.

#310 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Volpatti >>>>>>> Ebbett.

Volpatti ................gone.

#311 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Weise never wins a fight and that is important, how you don't see that is beyond me. Bieksa can kill weise if they fought. What does that say about his fighting abilities when the supposed 4th line tough guy would get destroyed by bieksa who is a top 4 defenseman. Volpatti is respected by his teammates when he beats middleweights and puts up a fight against heavyweights. He played his role perfectly. When burrows took a late hit a couple of games ago volpatti came on the ice right away and had a talking with the player. I'm sorry but weise can't do any of that.

Why is that important? You get no points for winning a fight, both players get the exact same thing, 5 minutes in the box. What is important is dropping the gloves when the need arises. Wiese is perfectly capable of doing that as is Pinziotto if he dresses. NHL fights are weak to begin with and most are just 30 second hugging matches anyway, winning them is so over-rated.

Because the 2 fights that he has arguably won have made such a mark on our season so far. Ha ha, ah some people.

Edited by Dogbyte, 28 February 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#312 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Doesn't this remind you of how we let Mike Brown go for McIver and let Glass replace him? Sucks
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#313 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

No Volpatti no Cup!!! :rolleyes: Pack it in for the season guys it's over.... :bigblush:

4 skill lines will get the sh*t kicked out of us and that's it. If we don't replace and improve our bottom 2 lines in terms of grit, we aren't getting even a sniff at a Cup. Our scoring lines can't even score.

Moves need to be made.

#314 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Good for Patti, bad for us. Canucks hockey just became a lot less entertaining.
Posted Image

#315 ilovekevinbieksa

ilovekevinbieksa

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

aww dang. im sure he'll do fine with the caps and get more minutes. now we just need to get another big enforcer
Posted Image (One duplicate gif removed by mod to meet size limitations)

#316 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

aww dang. im sure he'll do fine with the caps and get more minutes. now we just need to get another big enforcer

Not gonna happen, MG is trying to follow the Detroit model :picard:

Someone remind MG that were the most hated team in hockey and does not get the respect from teams and the refs...

#317 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Now... Where's Bitz?

And don't worry everyone, just pretend Volpatti's injured for the rest of the season.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#318 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Steve Pinizzotto does everything Val crapy did plus has skill, now Weise has an other skilled player to play with. People on this board are so embarrassing they over react to a player who brough very little to the team especailly with a player like Pinizzotto being the reason he was put on waivers. Have no grit give your head a shake; Kassian, Beiksa, Hansen, Weise and now Pinizzotto(ten times better hockey player than Volpatti).

I like Pinozotto too but not at the expense of Volpatti.

Pino has a fragile shoulder, how durable is he in a hard hitting playoff hockey if he gets injured trying to lay a hit?

#319 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Now... Where's Bitz?

And don't worry everyone, just pretend Volpatti's injured for the rest of the season.

Not sure. Just remember him getting that boarding call in the playoffs against L.A and never suiting up for the Canucks again.

#320 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

But yes let Volpatti pummel him so we lose momentum in a game, great team guy you are...

That's the point though, Volpatti wins fights as well as hits. I don't remember the last time weise won a fight and actually built momentum off it. I just end up feeling bad for weise.
Posted Image

#321 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Will pinizzotto (sp?) have to deal with waivers also?

#322 austy

austy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Archibald?

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#323 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Why is that important? You get no points for winning a fight, both players get the exact same thing, 5 minutes in the box. What is important is dropping the gloves when the need arises. Wiese is perfectly capable of doing that as is Pinziotto if he dresses. NHL fights are weak to begin with and most are just 30 second hugging matches anyway, winning them is so over-rated.

Because the 2 fights that he has arguably won have made such a mark on our season so far. Ha ha, ah some people.

Pinozotto wears a visor, so he is apt to pick up extra minutes for fighting with it on. Don't know this for certain, but I haven't heard that he is renowned for his fighting prowess in hockey circles either. Gillis, it seems to me, wants to prove that he can win in the playoffs without toughness. I don't believe he can ever be successful given his rigid attitude about this.

#324 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Tribute to Patti.......... giving weight to almost every opponent.

Kevin.jpg

#325 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Very stupid move.

Not sure why the hell AV didn't have him in the line-up.

Volpatti brought some toughness to this team, not we don't have it, now who do we have who can play and take a regular shift and fight and be tough? Kassian, that's it. And I was one who felt we had enough toughness. now we are missing it.

Oh, and if we waived him to bring Ebbett up later on, I'm going to be steamed. Volpatti >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ebbett.

zackass.png

#326 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I would guess that this entire Volpatti situation was an error in judgement from the Canucks. It's back fired.

#327 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Pinozotto wears a visor, so he is apt to pick up extra minutes for fighting with it on. Don't know this for certain, but I haven't heard that he is renowned for his fighting prowess in hockey circles either. Gillis, it seems to me, wants to prove that he can win in the playoffs without toughness. I don't believe he can ever be successful given his rigid attitude about this.

I don't think that is the case. MG wants toughness but doesn't see any need to waste a spot on players whose only skill is fighting. As you know fighting is pretty much useless in the playoffs. We could definitely be bigger and tougher though, that keeps you healthy in the playoffs.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#328 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hopefully MG puts in a claim for Tom Sestito to replace the toughness lost from Volpatti or at least bring up Vandermeer. It could be an ugly game on saturday with the Kings.
http://Posted Image

#329 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yea saw that coming.. I'm honestly really starting to dislike management.. Gillis should of traded Lou this off season when the leafs offered him schenn, or a deal involving kadri.. Now no one want Lou, schnieds is gettin pissed off, and we are gonna end up trading Cory.. We won't win the cup with Lou, plain an simple.. GmMg has pissed off manny.. We traded coho for kassian, which I'm fine with if we used kassian other then a 5 min per game plug.. That booth trade is looking awful, not to mention the Ballard one.. Seriously what has gillis done for our team in te last few years that is beneficial???

#330 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

To criticize a GM for making a move when you havent even waited till after the trade deadline to see why it happened is just another sign of Manic Thursday. Sky is either falling and we are all doomed,only to find out MG had a plan. Or we are all super happy(Booth) to find out it wasn't the greatest move.

This move is being painted like MG and staff have no idea what they are doing. I have more faith in them running our organization than this forum. They would have known that they had a high chance of losing Volpatti,they are not stupid. This move was thought out and they decided it was time for a change.

Its the same issue with Manny,I constantly see posts making MG a bad guy. Wouldnt it be cool if we all held hands and saved the earth... "Get off my green lawn Hippy"!! Sorry. He was a liability to himself and his team mates and character aside it was obvious he had to move on. Yet you will keep seeing people posting about MG being mean because of it. Firstly its a business and players get traded and moved,its part of the job. Think the salary should take care of that aspect.

Edited by Truckin, 28 February 2013 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.