Ballard- Schoeder-and a first for?

#32 KeslerBEAST

KeslerBEAST

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

he's spending way too much time trying to be defensive leaving him very little time to open up and be offensive. That's AVs system man, will get you wins but your young offensive players will never develop

#33 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

It's ironic, they wanted an ideal 4th liner in Volpatti to go to the AHL and play more minutes to develop his game and yet they got a more skilled player in Schroeder now playing the 4th line and barely playing any minutes, this despite the fact the are short at centre. How the hell does this help Schroeder's development? wtf

#34 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

SEND DOWN SCHROEDER AND BRING UP WHO?????? Idiots...

Posted Image

#35 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

It's ironic, they wanted an ideal 4th liner in Volpatti to go to the AHL and play more minutes to develop his game and yet they got a more skilled player in Schroeder now playing the 4th line and barely playing any minutes, this despite the fact the are short at centre. How the hell does this help Schroeder's development? wtf

Volpatti was sent down before they knew about the Kesler injury, it was a matter of hours that made the difference.
Posted Image

#36 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

why is it any prospect or young player the canucks get these AV lovers say things like oh its the players fault

1. grabner 2. hodgson 3. schroeder 4. shirkov

so simple to blame the players then i ask why did the scouts get these guys?? if they are just busts?

OPEN your eyes AV has zero patience with young offensive players

he can only develop players like jannick hansen more grinders for AV

That's not true! Dale 'The Dutch Gretzky' Weise is showing awesome development under AV's tutelage.

Nope, Still couldn't manage to type that with a straight face.
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#37 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Gillis said in his last interview that Ebbett will be back up.There are reasons he was kept on the roster.

Deal with it as the man is a proven 2c and 3c at the NHL level.

Schroeder is doing ok,I would like to see him doing what Mason Raymond was doing tonight.

It looks like it will take him another year of development for consistency and strength he will need and we would like to see.

He is small,so his role is speed,skill and effective d.He is like Kass and that is the consistency that is needed as a pro is not there just yet.

#38 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Schroeder has been fine, deserves more time.

Instead, we should all be talking about how much better this team looks without Kesler.

#39 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

and look at this one
sergei shirkov 2 games 1 point

Shirokov*

#40 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Ebbett has been the real disappointment here.
I guess he's no Jason Krog. Lol. I remember some idiots screaming bloody murder when AV didn't give him top-6 time either.

I didn't see Ebbett on the ice tonight.Did you?
He is the least paid of all Canucks and 90% of all Wolves prospects and you seem to be the bloody idiot calling him out- for what?

Ebbett $600,000
Schroeder $1.025 million Bonus eligible
Lapierre $1.0 million

Prab Rai makes $30,000 less than Ebbett.
Steven Anthony makes $24,000 bucks less than Ebbett.

If you pay attention,TO,you will note he is playing with a responsible defensive game and is decent in the circle for the peanuts and air miles he makes.
Ebbett has less than 60 minutes of ice time in a Canucks uniform this year.Find another punching bag for your attitude that stinks.

#41 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

We don't have all the information...

we need to get that permanently placed under the banner on these forums. new motto.

#42 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Hodgson 2.0

After 18 games as a Canucks rookie Hodgson had 9 points and had a .5 PPG average,which he bettered in his 63 GP as a Nuck.
After 18 games as a Canucks rookie Schroeder has 5 points,with both of his goals scored against a rookie goalie in Calgary that was hung out to dry in a blow-out.
Cody and Jordan have different strengths and weaknesses .
Maybe they will 2.0 Schroeder and trade him after 31.5 games played,if that is what you are referring to.

#43 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,768 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Lol nuck nit. 'Blah, blah, blah, Ebbett!'

Gimme a break. I know that he's paid little compared to other guys. That doesn't excuse him from doing absolutely nothing so far, does it? He hasn't looked good at all. Oh, but i'm sure Pini will...

I didn't expect much from Ebbett though. He is an AHL-level scrub. It's Schroeder that has potential to do something a bit more. But that'll take a bit time. Next season i'd expect a lot more from him, if indeed he's going to make it.
Posted Image

#44 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

lol @ these AV homers

did you even see why he got -1?

it was your precious andrew alberts losing the puck behind the net, so how do you blame jordan for that one?

Actually yete that one shouldn't hang on Alberts. Goalies are supposed to read the forecheck and Schneider should have just fired that one up the wall instead of trying to make a cute pass. AA had no time to get the puck and make a play.

But you are right that the 4th line wasn't responsible for the minus 1.
Posted Image

#45 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

If it makes you happy we could give him more icetime and lose though.

Good idea?

How would we have lost with him in a 3rd line role?

It's simply a matchup matter tonight imo - LA has some beastly big centers for Schroeder to handle, (and there have been some weak penalties adding to the minutes Schroeder sits - the Canucks have been shorthanded 20% of the game).

Keep him up. This won't last.

If we can't play him against bigger teams, then what is the point of even keeping him around?

If we just don't feel comfortable to the point we have to sit him against every big team we play. Then why not trade him? Or send him to Europe or something?

He can handle it, he has been playing against bigger, and older players his entire life and has shown all the way through, now in the NHL he doesn't look out of place at all.

We might aswell play him, he's not getting any experience playing less than 5 minutes a game with no offense on his wings.

-1 tonight. In 4mins played.

Send him down because he needs a better role against softer competition. But don't assume 'magic will happen' just because you give a guy more icetime.

Do you even know what goal it was that gave him the -1?

zackass.png

#46 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

I'd rather we keep him around and allow him to develop while playing in the NHL. It's not as if we have a bunch of centers sitting around just waiting to be slotted into the lineup.

If he's not hurting the team I don't see an issue with keeping a young, developing player like him around. He's played against larger players his entire career, and he hasn't been a liability out there. He's not going to carry the offensive load playing on the second line, but I don't think it would be fair of any of us to expect such a thing out of him at this point in his career.

Given the circumstances it's not a terrible move to keep him around.. we could do worse.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I like the fact that he can play on the fourth line if the coach asks him to. No way Hodgson can play in that role. Schroeder's definitely got some offense to his game, but his strengths are his positioning and and puck-handling. I don't make a big deal that he was on the fourth line tonight, and I doubt he will either. There's no way AV actually believes that Lapierre should have more ice time then Schroeder as the season goes on, this was a one game thing.

#48 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Sending down a RH center, when the team has depth issues down the middle??!!!

That is just stupid.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#49 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

'Blah, blah, blah, Ebbett!'
I know that he's paid little compared to other guys. That doesn't excuse him from doing absolutely nothing so far, does it? He hasn't looked good at all.
I didn't expect much from Ebbett though. He is an AHL-level scrub.

You sound so full of your own vile you can't even begin to appreciate a Canadian kid that dedicated himself to becoming a professional and made it to the big show- and then stayed there year after year -despite not even being drafted.
Andrew has played 55 minutes in a Canucks jersey this entire season and is a neutral +/- with a f/o% that rivals Jordan,yet he needs to be excused by you for doing absolutely nothing?
Ebbett certainly did not underachieve compared to Lappy or Jordan when on the ice and he makes league minimum.
53 NHL games for the Ducks.
49 NHL games for the Wild.
33 NHL games for the Coyotes.
23 NHL games for the Canucks.
10 NHL games for the Black Hawks.
Undrafted Canadian kid that rose through the ranks to become an NHL professional,underpaid and still bad mouthed by wanna be fan boy nerds like you.

Edited by nuck nit, 03 March 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#50 Ohnoeszz

Ohnoeszz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

He may be a future NHLer; he may be a bust. Either way, it is apparent that there isn't much of a role for him available on this team.

He's pretty much limited to nuetral zone and offensive zone starts - doesn't help us get the Sedins offensive starts.

He can't play 2C long-term with Sedin and Kesler taking those spots. He doesn't play well at the wing. He is a minus physically - a bad matchup against larger forward groups such as the Kings or Ducks. He can't play 3C because that player needs to be able to take defensive draws. He's not a dynamic offensive player that you find room for.

I thought Grabner and Coho had skills to carve out a useful spot on the team. I don't see the same with Schroeder. I like his passing touch alot but it just isn't enough of a positive to make up for his deficiencies - particularly his lack of utility.

Why not send him down and let him marinate further in the AHL.... he needs to find a way to dominate offensively and its not going to develop playing NHL roles.

#51 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,737 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

If AV and the Nux are going to use him in this role. 4th line centre with a bunch of dump and chase, crash and bang grinders...

3:36 of ice time after 2 periods...2:44 during Even Strength

I'd rather see Jordan sent to the Wolves and play 20 minutes a night in every situation. Ebbett or Pinzi can play the 4th line centre plug role..

Once again another prospect dies under AV's tootelidge......What does AV expect from a rookie? 20 consecutive phenomenal games...AV doesnt know how to teach, instead he just punishes and uses guys he is comfortable with.

Give it a rest already. People need to fill roles with injuries. Get a grip and respect your team. I hear Calgary has lost a few fans, why don't you try that bandwagon.
Posted Image

#52 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

:picard:

SCHROEDER IS 5'8 AND THAT IS BEIGN GENEROUS. HE WEIGHS UNDER 175 LBS!!!!!!!!

Why the hell would you put him out against LA in heavy minutes?

Schroeder would get destroyed.

AV gave him small minutes because he wants to KEEP Schroeder in the line up and off the IR.

The CDC was so excellent over the last several weeks, and then all these silly threads and opinions start showing up.

#53 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Is it just me or was Vancouver's 2nd line playing its most exciting hockey when Schroeder was centering Raymond/Hansen?

#54 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Schroeder wasn't going to do much more than what we've seen. He's not all that fast.

He's one of the fastest on the team ?!?!? He's smart, good hands, and fast. he'll learn his role. Small players take more time to develop,. He'll be good, its his first year on the big team. On the CDC patience is a four letter word.

#55 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,811 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Couple of weeks ago, Schroeder was "exceeding expectations" and Kassian was a steal, and Garrison should be dumped for a 7th round draft pick.

Now Schroeder should be sent to the minors when Kesler is injured?

Wow...just wow.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#56 redhdlois

redhdlois

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Is it just me or was Vancouver's 2nd line playing its most exciting hockey when Schroeder was centering Raymond/Hansen?

Still hope that line gets back together....love it!

#57 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

I hope it was one game type of decision. I really don't like how AV does the 4th line. It seems he always likes having a young guy with great potential on there (Kassian, Schroeder).

I think Schroeder should have been given the opportunity to play on the 3rd line at the very least.

If he remains on the 4th line then he should be sent down, as the way I see it, if it isn't good enough for the top 9 he isn't good enough for this team yet. When he has a proper permanent role on the team then obviously we'll keep him but if he gets limited ice time best send him to the minors where he will have a great role and greater impact.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#58 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,768 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Honestly. Who cares?

You sound so full of your own vile you can't even begin to appreciate a Canadian kid that dedicated himself to becoming a professional and made it to the big show- and then stayed there year after year -despite not even being drafted.
Andrew has played 55 minutes in a Canucks jersey this entire season and is a neutral +/- with a f/o% that rivals Jordan,yet he needs to be excused by you for doing absolutely nothing?
Ebbett certainly did not underachieve compared to Lappy or Jordan when on the ice and he makes league minimum.
53 NHL games for the Ducks.
49 NHL games for the Wild.
33 NHL games for the Coyotes.
23 NHL games for the Canucks.
10 NHL games for the Black Hawks.
Undrafted Canadian kid that rose through the ranks to become an NHL professional,underpaid and still bad mouthed by wanna be fan boy nerds like you.

Posted Image

#59 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,768 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

My point exactly. Why give him more icetime when he's clearly struggling to provide offense currently? He started decently, but he's not one of the fastest on the team anymore because he's already worn out. In typical rookie fashion. The 4th line is where he'll have to stay until he shows signs of getting some energy back.

But somebody pointed out: WHO ELSE? And that person will obviously have to arrive via trade.

He's one of the fastest on the team ?!?!? He's smart, good hands, and fast. he'll learn his role. Small players take more time to develop,. He'll be good, its his first year on the big team. On the CDC patience is a four letter word.

Posted Image

#60 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Right now, the league seems to be trending towards big, tough plugs over lightweight skill guys. IMO, the game is changing and not for the better. The high speed, terrific play making is being replaced by heavy checking and plugging up the middle. This is not a good trend for guys like Schroeder.

I think the Nucks should begin switching Jordon to the wing (when playing lesser teams). Most of the smaller players that stay in the NHL are on the wing, not at center.

Sadly, it is looking like Schroeder will go the way of Hodgson with this team. Like Coho, he needs to be a top 6 guy and it is unlikely he will be that with the Canucks. It wouldn't surprise me if MG trades him before next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.