The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

players that need to come off the cap by next year Luongo, Ballard, Booth & Malhotra

If the canucks trade, buyout or not re-sign these 4 players it would save 16.25 million in cap space.

Then the canucks could resign all off their pending ufa's for roughly the same amount of $.

the cap is going down to 64 million. Edler and Burrows are getting a raise of 4.25 million combined.

current cap hit 69.5 million. 69.5- 16.25= 53+4.25(raises)= 57.25. 64-57.25= 6.7 million for replacements.

replace booth withe jensen. Jensen .9, replace Lu with Lack .8, which leaves 5 million for a right handed D-man and a third line centre .

Sedin Sedin Burrrows

Raymond Kesler Kassian

Jensen 3LC (3.0) Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Weise

Ham KB3

Edler Tanev

Garrison D(2.0)

Schneider

Lack

these changes make the most sense imo. Raymond is out laying booth and has a smaller contract so I'd like to keep him. Losing those 4 big contracts would allow the canucks cap room to keep the team strong even with Burrows & Edler's raises and the cap going down. If the canucks can trade for some picks in the process all the better for the future.

If the canucks trade, buyout or not re-sign these 4 players it would save 16.25 million in cap space.

Then the canucks could resign all off their pending ufa's for roughly the same amount of $.

the cap is going down to 64 million. Edler and Burrows are getting a raise of 4.25 million combined.

current cap hit 69.5 million. 69.5- 16.25= 53+4.25(raises)= 57.25. 64-57.25= 6.7 million for replacements.

replace booth withe jensen. Jensen .9, replace Lu with Lack .8, which leaves 5 million for a right handed D-man and a third line centre .

Sedin Sedin Burrrows

Raymond Kesler Kassian

Jensen 3LC (3.0) Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Weise

Ham KB3

Edler Tanev

Garrison D(2.0)

Schneider

Lack

these changes make the most sense imo. Raymond is out laying booth and has a smaller contract so I'd like to keep him. Losing those 4 big contracts would allow the canucks cap room to keep the team strong even with Burrows & Edler's raises and the cap going down. If the canucks can trade for some picks in the process all the better for the future.

maybe 1 of the players named will be with us next season. not sure who but i think safe to say malhotra tries to land a contract before he retires.

Luo is probably dealt, booth may stay and i would think ballard would get moved at latest the draft

Malhotra's contract is done at the end of this season. He's not coming back.

Ballard's play is a lot better than most right now. If I were to say who's playing the worst in our d-core right now, it'd be Edler.

I think Booth will stay for another year, although this will probably depend on how well he plays for the rest of the year (hopefully beastmode).

I'm still unsure which goalie is going to be moved, so I don't know what's going to happen to Lu.

Derek Roy would be a sick centre to get as he's a UFA this summer (although already with a caphit of 4 mill), but I just don't think he would fit unless Kesler goes as I don't think he'd want to play 3rd line centre.

Weiss could be alright as well if he ends up doing something other than be injured, but with him being done for the season there's quite a risk.

Ballard will be bought out...the numbers just don't make sense

Malhotra won't be back, he has played his last game as a Canuck

Luongo will be traded in the off season when things loosen up

Booth isn't terrible enough to justify a buy out and he doesn't garner much trade value so your best bet is to keep him and hope for the best

Ballard will be bought out...the numbers just don't make sense

Malhotra won't be back, he has played his last game as a Canuck

Luongo will be traded in the off season when things loosen up

Booth isn't terrible enough to justify a buy out and he doesn't garner much trade value so your best bet is to keep him and hope for the best

Malhotra will come off the cap

Luongo should be traded (hopefully)

Ballard will be traded

With those guys gone, and all the players that are upcoming FA (Raymond, Higgins, Tanev, exc.) not under contract, we have 13.4 Million.

So we have 13.4 Million to re-sign our players and pick up players in free agency.

Malhotra will come off the cap

Luongo should be traded (hopefully)

Ballard will be traded

With those guys gone, and all the players that are upcoming FA (Raymond, Higgins, Tanev, exc.) not under contract, we have 13.4 Million.

So we have 13.4 Million to re-sign our players and pick up players in free agency.

Agree with all things and 1 point i want to add is that if booth doesn't perform well half way through next season then i will consider him to trade. I want booth to sit in the press box and watch the games this season like 2 or 3 games. I am so frustrated like trades we made last year we got something decent in return (kassian-long term project)

One of our goalies is going to be gone that's a given, not quite as clearcut as it was previously which one that will be.

Won't be that surprised if they buyout Ballard, Malhotra will probably retire, not so sure about Booth he's looked good so far this year, I know he only has 1 point but he's been getting a ton of chances

Archived