The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(OFFICIAL) GDT - Canucks @ Blue Jackets, March 13th, 2013 - Sportsnet

cmpunk

Step 6 is wicked!.

the only line that showed chemistry this year was Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen .

back to Ebbett ? seriously ? this really exposes Gillis inaction in making the necessary changes.

There's AHL teams deeper at centre than the canucks this point.

Barker has looked like the most offensively dangerous D we have lately, u have to give him a shot, only guy that hits the net consistently and i agree on Kassian, get him on the edge of the crease in front of the goalie

everyone ive watched hockey with the last 10 years is saying Sedin-Sedin-Kassian, as well, Burrows is more useful giving us a secondary scoring threat, he needs to be on 2nd line, it's that or break up the twins and i think thats a bad idea.

This team is 2-3 pieces away from being a serious threat and thats with Bieksa and Kesler healthy.

Gillis needs to make moves now and give the team a chance, the Sedins are turning into pumpkins soon.

AV is stale , sandbags himself but also gets dealt a bad hand when you consider what he has at Center these days.

This is how i see the future

Step 1 Gillis should make 2-3 key changes but doesn't

Step 2 AV gets till the end of the year / last chance /

Step 3 Nucks out in first round, lose 4-1

Step 4 AV fired

Step 5 Goalie moved

hopefully we see somethin like this

Step 6 The Culling ....Booth,Edler,Luongo,Raymond,Ballard, Yappierre, DJ Dave, GreenMen

The Kumbaya Canuck era is finished.

Corey Perry and Ryan Clowe signed.

Lindy Ruff hired. new culture new era.

Sedin-Sedin- C.Perry

R.Clowe-R.Kesler-Z.Kassian

N.Jensen-A.Burrows- J.Hansen

C.Higgins-S.Pinozzotto-T.Sestito

First period:

First minute of the game, Lu lets a softie. CBJ leads 1-0

Lu gets pulled, Schneider takes over.

Second minute of the game, Schneider lets one in, CBJ leads 2-0

Schneider gets pulled, Lu takes over again.

Canucks get a PP, CBJ gets a two man short-handed breakaway, and score on Lu while he does the bellyflop. 3-0 CBJ

Lu gets pulled. Schneider takes over.

Schneider handles a puck behind the net and gives it away, 4-0 CBJ.

Schneider gets pulled, Lu takes over once more.

2nd period:

Edler attempts to throw a hit, but falls instead, causing a breakaway, 5-0 CBJ.

3rd period:

Edler falls, Lu falls too, so does Raymond, while sitting on the bench. No goals scored against. Must be a positive sign.

Bieksa is back and scores on off the Stanchion. Yeah, we got a lucky goal.

Final 5-1 CBJ

Post game:

Sedin(either) We played good, they got a hell of a team out there. They(We?) battled hard for the puck. Great goaltending by them. Coudn't get any lucky bounces.

Strombone1 twitter: #Greatest Goalie Tandem

---------------------

If you didn't get it, goaltending isn't as much of an issue at the moment as scoring/defense and urgency/motivation is. Hopefully they bring their A game. Haven't heard that in a while have we?

If he fracks over kassian then I will really lose it.

All those saying he gave rookies a chance like kesler and bieksa when they were new its because he coached them on the moose.

Any rookie that his staff didnt develop he has no patience for, so i guess its a miracle he hasnt screwed kassian more than he has.

We'll see just how much character this team really has tonight. I'm hoping they are pi$$ed off with the losing streak and play with fire in their bellies. If they are the team they have been in recent years they will dominate and lay a proverbial beating on the Bluejackets.

I feel bad for Andrew Ebett (in a way). Fans are always going to over-analyze and criticize his play. However, its not his fault that he is basically a career AHLer who is being misused by AV. Before the lockout, Ebbet wasn't even a second line centre in the AHL. Now he is expected to play 2C in the NHL? Give me a break. I get that Schroeder wasn't producing, but don't try to plug a round hole with a square peg.

I feel bad for Andrew Ebett (in a way). Fans are always going to over-analyze and criticize his play. However, its not his fault that he is basically a career AHLer who is being misused by AV. Before the lockout, Ebbet wasn't even a second line centre in the AHL. Now he is expected to play 2C in the NHL? Give me a break. I get that Schroeder wasn't producing, but don't try to plug a round hole with a square peg.

I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT(caps lock cause I want to express my anger) believe that Ebbett is our 2nd line C, while Schroeder got 4th line C when he was playing with the big club. Oh well, cause we're going to have to see how this works.

JUST WIN. I don't care how, don't care for the score. JUST WIN

Archived