The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Millionaires 2 - Red Wings 5

lolwut?

I've been a diehard fan my whole life, but I'm just at a loss for words for what is going on this season. I'll still watch the games and follow the team, but it sure as hell isn't taking precedence for me anymore. Too bad it's not Sunday, because at least then we'd have The Walking Dead as an alternative to the garbage witnessed tonight.

This team has allowed 3.4 goals on average over the past 10 games. This stat probably would be even worse if it wasn't for the fact we played Columbus twice in that span -- the basement dwellers made that number look slightly better.

There's a lot of problems with this team.

The coaching staff needs to be held responsible as well. It's their job to strategize and counter the opposition and they clearly have failed to address the woeful power play and pitiful defensive display we've seen.

Granted the Wild have one of the worst offense's in the league, but if the Canucks don't turn it around soon, we might lose the division to a team allowing more goals against than scoring goals for.... And not only that but we may also miss the playoffs altogether. There are no signs this team is turning it around which is the scariest part of all..

More like several decades of mediocre hockey for the Canucks, with brief periods of excellent play...but brief nonetheless.

Edmonton has what? like 7 Finals appearances? How many years do you think it will take before Vancouver gets that many?

My guess is it will be when the current Canucks jerseys become 100 year old vintage ones.

This team has allowed 3.4 goals on average over the past 10 games. This stat probably would be even worse if it wasn't for the fact we played Columbus twice in that span -- the basement dwellers made that number look slightly better.

how about people saying Luongo give us the best chance to win right now.... last 5 games played for Luongo roughly 4.2 GAA ..Last 5 games played for Schneids roughly 2.6 GAA just becasue our boys score 7 goals for a win doesnt make Lu the better goalie. .... now what do we do Lu has been a virtual lock vs the wild at home , but the way hes played the last 2 games do we want him in net for a big divisional game? i think he gets the start becasue its back to back with st louis and hes gotta play one .. history shows hes far better at home vs the wild than the blues but man 9 goals against in last 2 games is not the way u want to roll into a big game.

I'll likely get blasted for this but despite how talented the Sedins are, they are just not getting it done at all. THey are the #1 line that gets preferential offensive zone starts and the best matching by AV and they are generating very little in the way of quality chances and seem only capable of playing keep away in the corner just before turning the puck over and giving up an odd man rush..

Their forecheck is a joke and looks like ringette where you're not allowed ot use the body.

How many times this year have we seen them pass off to the side or behind the goal from the slot?

The PP....what a joke. The last 2 games I have seen Hank carry into the zone and split 2 defenders. He has a clear line to the net. What does he do, a bounce back-pass to the trailing defenceman to set up the cycle. WHy do the defenders peel off and let him have that clear line, because they know he would pass on a breakaway so he's not a threat on his own.

There are a lot of under-performers on this team right now but Hank and Dan deserve just as much if not more blame than anyone else. Their classy guys with loads of talent but they are in no way "leading" this team by example.

As for the rest, MG would be wise to tank intentionally and try to get a solid top 5 pick. This team is soft, lazy, and lacking the necessary talent to generate any meaningful offence. They're going nowhere in the playoffs so tank it..

I'm just saying it's a two-edged blade - they may have better performance, but they may stay the same or even regress. Do guys like the Sedins and Kesler seem like the kind of players who respond to getting yelled at Tortorella-style?

I still think the recent play has been influenced as much, if not more by the roster than the coaching. Besides Henrik we have 2 4th liners and a winger playing centre. That being said we really need to tighten up our defensive play 5-on-5 (which Coach V is more than capable of doing) as well as figuring out the PP (which this staff also has a track record of being very successful at.)

With our current roster, we should be expecting to be a bubble playoff team that is out in the 1st or 2nd round, depending on goaltending,

Edmonton's cups didn't come because of their recent string of futility and subsequent draft picks, which I was commenting on.

There are no guarantees or magical formulas for success in professional sports, let alone hockey - only chances - and right now if this group gets healthy, motivated and some solid goaltending they definitely still have a chance. They might not be favorites anymore - but they have a chance.

Management just needs to decide when it's time they no longer have a chance ( IE Calgary 3 years ago ) and switch into rebuild mode. In my opinion, now is not the time.

Archived