The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is up with Lappy?

Off_The_Schneid!

He has no good linemates to play on, he's playing a very minor role, and he can do so much more with better people with him, or a bigger role on the team in general. Maybe they are keeping him on the down-low until playoffs and then will release him (not on waivers, i mean like the Kracken)! hahaha

And equally nice how you ignore the actual argument I'm making about how trying to add even more weight is not only difficult to do, but could be a detriment to his game and not change anything to do with his hitting style. Instead, you've chosen only to focus on 5 pounds difference between our sources.

Don't forget what your original post I responded to was about:

I'm equally happy not to discuss it with you any more if you aren't willing to at least debate the actual point.

I don't think he fits what MG is trying to instill in this team, that being team toughness, with the request that he stop the chirping and just play tough, grind em out hockey, without all the antics Lappy brings to the table, you have basically rendered him almost useless.

He does lay the body out once in a while, but never a hit that is a difference maker, can't fight, doesn't have enough skill to make a difference either.

I am glad to see the team is trying to shake the diving, whining reputation that IMO has a lot to do with AV's coaching.

It is going to be tough to do, as we still have Kesler performing out there. And after watching Nolan skate away unscathed after lighting Henrik up, it almost leads me to believe we are still a long ways away from shaking that rep.

IMO Lappy is very expendable, as is Kesler and Burrows to a point, but in his defense he has been better.

This, I also think he misses chirping a bit, he's involved in the games a lot more when he chirps and he plays better imo. I don't know why AV and Gillis need to make every player on this team a robot.

I talked to Wiliie Mitchell when he was at the star playing shinny hockey in the off season and even he said they weren't really aloud to celebrate goals and stuff too much when he played in Van.

What's the point in always trying to show respect to the opponents when we're the most hated team and it comes back to bite them in the ass all the time.

This team lacks emotion, which is another reason I want AV gone.

One shootout goal, he had a single good night, he is going to have to be a lot more consistent though and stop taking dumb penalties before he turns it around. Only on cdc does a single game shootout make a season after a game.

I hope everyone is prepared for another lapierre promotion, even more ice time for an av favorite. Dont be surprised if schroeder has a bad game av will pluck him out and put lapierre back in that spot.

How is karma a bitch, we won, last I checked that's a good thing. I thought he played another sub par game, but I'm glad he got the shootout winner. Good for him. I used to be a Lappy fan, back when he played with passion,I've only stated that he's been playing poorly lately. Maybe that goal will give him some much needed confidence

One shootout goal, he had a single good night, he is going to have to be a lot more consistent though and stop taking dumb penalties before he turns it around. Only on cdc does a single game make a season after a game.

I hope everyone is prepared for another lapierre promotion, even more ice time for an av favorite.

One shootout goal, he had a single good night, he is going to have to be a lot more consistent though and stop taking dumb penalties before he turns it around. Only on cdc does a single game shootout make a season after a game.

I hope everyone is prepared for another lapierre promotion, even more ice time for an av favorite. Dont be surprised if schroeder has a bad game av will pluck him out and put lapierre back in that spot.

Archived