Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Schneider starts tomorrow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#91 RKESLER17

RKESLER17

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yes sir!

Attached Files

Edited by RKESLER17, 28 March 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#92 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Just out of curiousity, did you even bother looking at the Canucks record vs playoff teams?

I looked at their record vs Nashville up in the standings (as i'm assuming Dallas and Columbus will eventually fall off the map)...They have a 9-5-4 record. 5 of those games were in shootouts (1-4), so they could be rocking at worst a 9-10 and at best a 13-5 record. This is without your second line center for essentially the entire season.

So why is it tough to assume that they could potentially make a run with this roster? They have been playing all gritty 1 goal games on this current win streak and came out on top every single time.

Nothing is easy in the playoffs obviously...But going based on their record against playoff teams so far it's not like it has shown them to be completely inept against the best in the west. People just love to blindly throw out the "they won't be playing NW division teams all of the time" line. It's a tired argument already.

I think the main concern is that they are playing this season much like they played the second half of last season, and we all know that didn't turn out very well. For some reason this team has lost it's scoring touch and doesn't seem to be able to get it back, that's what worries me.

#93 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

.... simple answer no. The contract is set in stone. He earned it. 5.3 was an extreme underpayment. he could have easily landed a 7.5 averaged contract that summer from atleast 5 teams

Oh where are those 5 teams now when we need them?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.