The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider starts tomorrow

Well which teams need goaltending? Philly needs one, they have a few goal scorers last time I checked, Tampa Bay needs a goalie and they have some scorers, San Jose could possibly use a goalie if they want to go deep into playoffs. Washington is still a team that could possibly, but Holtby has been playing better so that one is a gamble for them still. Even Buffalo may want to make a move. New Jersey maybe, with Broduer near the end of his career. There are teams out there!

Just out of curiousity, did you even bother looking at the Canucks record vs playoff teams?

I looked at their record vs Nashville up in the standings (as i'm assuming Dallas and Columbus will eventually fall off the map)...They have a 9-5-4 record. 5 of those games were in shootouts (1-4), so they could be rocking at worst a 9-10 and at best a 13-5 record. This is without your second line center for essentially the entire season.

So why is it tough to assume that they could potentially make a run with this roster? They have been playing all gritty 1 goal games on this current win streak and came out on top every single time.

Nothing is easy in the playoffs obviously...But going based on their record against playoff teams so far it's not like it has shown them to be completely inept against the best in the west. People just love to blindly throw out the "they won't be playing NW division teams all of the time" line. It's a tired argument already.

Archived