The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

canucktican

Yes we did, just because they didn't score doesn't mean we didn't play badly. I still saw way too many careless plays and sloppy plays under pressure. Luckily it was only 1 game and there's time to bounce back but I do expect MG to be bringing in some help at the deadline. Too early to talk about rebuilding now until we see how the season ends though.

That was fun...

A six game win streak that was undeserved needed to come to an end in a colossal way, and it did.

If there was ever any doubt in Mike Gillis's mind, this game should have erased it. It wasn't just about starting slow. It was about being outplayed in every facet of the game. This team needs help. It will not achieve anything with the current personnel on the roster. And even if we get Kesler and Booth back tomorrow, it still won't be enough.

This team needs new energy - it needs players who don't just see hockey as a job. It needs players who live and breathe hockey the way Hall and Eberle and RNH and Crosby and Stamkos and Kadri do. It needs players who haven't already seen it all and done it all. It needs players for whom a hockey game isn't just "another day at the office". It needs players who know what it means to be an NHLer and to care and to play with passion.

Our team has lost its life. The run to the finals beat it out of us. We'll never be back there and we know it. So we've stopped trying. Bring in players who don't remember what that loss was like. Bring in players who are still optimistic about their careers and about the team. Give them a chance to impart their optimism on this downright lazy and pessimistic bunch of geriatrics.

/rant

sad yes it is a sad tonight here in a cdc i yes i sure am a little happy i didnt not get to see this game this tonight it sure did sound like a depressor yes it did hope the canuck are not feeling to downs in the dump yes the canuck are the good team and should not be sad it is okay canuck

That was fun...

A six game win streak that was undeserved needed to come to an end in a colossal way, and it did.

If there was ever any doubt in Mike Gillis's mind, this game should have erased it. It wasn't just about starting slow. It was about being outplayed in every facet of the game. This team needs help. It will not achieve anything with the current personnel on the roster. And even if we get Kesler and Booth back tomorrow, it still won't be enough.

This team needs new energy - it needs players who don't just see hockey as a job. It needs players who live and breathe hockey the way Hall and Eberle and RNH and Crosby and Stamkos and Kadri do. It needs players who haven't already seen it all and done it all. It needs players for whom a hockey game isn't just "another day at the office". It needs players who know what it means to be an NHLer and to care and to play with passion.

Our team has lost its life. The run to the finals beat it out of us. We'll never be back there and we know it. So we've stopped trying. Bring in players who don't remember what that loss was like. Bring in players who are still optimistic about their careers and about the team. Give them a chance to impart their optimism on this downright lazy and pessimistic bunch of geriatrics.

/rant

With all due respect - this team is over, spent, done, kaput! M.G. has sat on his ^$$ for 2 years now milking what's left of a team that FAILED in the Stanley CupFinals. M.G has made no effort whatsoever to trade-up, improvevor shake-up the roster. He is out of ideas and has not only left the Canucks in a state of disrepair but left the cupboards empty in our farm system. Time is up on this old, tired team and the leadership. Francisco - Be a man and deliver Justice to Vancouver. We don't need another 41 years of excuses!

Amen! Luongo was the only positive to this game. I can't believe I watched it...but at least I was able to see three great saves by LU!

(Not blaming Cory of course. First goal he had no chance on and second goal, Ebbett screened him. Just awful defense)

BRUTAL GAME though, just pathetic.

What do you guys think of trading Bieksa and/or Edler? They have been playing awful all season.

As Canuck fans, I think we all know disappointments like this is quite common. Losing in such a manner just breaks your heart though. These lazy games are becoming increasingly frequent unfortunately. What's alarming is that I've become accepting of it. However, I still believe Gillis will eventually make bold moves to acquire high energy players and a sniper.

I agree with ya pine, Av knew he was against a young fast oiler team. He should have had the defence play defence instead of 4 forwards. I don't entirely blame Schneider, first goal I personally believe he should of had. Garrison had the middle so Hall couldnt cut, Schneider should of challenged more. Second goal is a pray it hits you with the screen

This team has been playing horrible defensively for a while, but it's been masked by great goaltending.

If Gillis doesn't realize that Edler needs a new D partner, and our offense needs a major boost, then I don't know what to say.

And Don't tell me everything is riding on Kesler coming back...

Archived