The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

canucktican

We'll have to agree to disagree then, because I strongly feel that if you can sense a goalie is going to have an off game (which happens, and it's VERY visible) or even off period, you pull him.

The fact that this deflated the team for the ENTIRE GAME is pathetic, however.

I'm not suggesting we sit anybody. I just want AV to spit out his damned gum and say something to his players when they are playing lazy, sloppy hockey. He can't just expect to figure everything out for themselves, but that's all he damned well does during any given game.

Is AV afraid to talk to his players? Does he "respect" them too much to criticize?

Either AV refuses to talk to his players (for whatever reason), or they don't listen. Either way, his job is in vain, and he needs to be replaced.

Anyone who watched the Colorado game knew this was coming. (I think they were outshot 27-7 at one point in that game.) No effort whatsoever.

What can be done? At this point nothing. Next year MG and AV have to go.

- In the last couple years Gillis hasn't succeeded in making the team better, but he has succeeded in making it worse. Trading CH for a winger we didn't need; trading away draft choices; not trading Luongo; horrific drafting since he got here; etc.

"We're in no hurry to trade Luongo,'' is a pretty strange thing to say when you make a promise to a player and his agent to do it. (I don't believe CS would have signed without that promise.)

It's not like a timeout is some magical game changer. Timeouts are WAY overblown by a lot of people around here. And as someone stated earlier, the goalie switch was like taking a timeout, without actually using your timeout. Edit(still think the goalie switch was a mistake though)

With all that I have said in regards to AV, I also believe that MG cannot be let off the hook, he has handcuffed the team with the Luongo situation, and has never found a true #1 winger to play with the Sedins, no offense to Burrows, but I believe his talents are better served in a number 2 roll and he has filled the #1 roll admirably, but again lacks the true skill IMO.

My hopes are that MG can find Lou a new home and get back some young talent and perhaps a pick, I believe the "all in " mentality be saved for another day, as we have too many other issues to attend to, and in my view would be wasted cap space.

As some have stated, Kesler coming back isn't (IMO) going to change much in the way of offense, as you are still working off the system that AV has instilled.

I believe the talent has risen above and won games "in spite" of a poor system, not because of it, but if the talent has an off night the poor system and leadership definitely shines through.

With all that I have said in regards to AV, I also believe that MG cannot be let off the hook, he has handcuffed the team with the Luongo situation, and has never found a true #1 winger to play with the Sedins, no offense to Burrows, but I believe his talents are better served in a number 2 roll and he has filled the #1 roll admirably, but again lacks the true skill IMO.

My hopes are that MG can find Lou a new home and get back some young talent and perhaps a pick, I believe the "all in " mentality be saved for another day, as we have too many other issues to attend to, and in my view would be wasted cap space.

As some have stated, Kesler coming back isn't (IMO) going to change much in the way of offense, as you are still working off the system that AV has instilled.

I believe the talent has risen above and won games "in spite" of a poor system, not because of it, but if the talent has an off night the poor system and leadership definitely shines through.

No its not, but its a pause. Its bring everyone in. Circle around, settle them down. Talk to them. Don't just switch the goalie, stare into space, and chew your gum.

Did he circle his team together, give them a bit of a lashing to get their heads in when he switched goalies, no. That actually has an impact, it refocuses, gets the cobwebs out, and gets everyone back on page 1 and settles the nerves, reminds them of their responsibility to play with focus and intensity.

Saying nothing, achieves nothing. My proof is simply displayed by what happened on the very next shot and the 3rd shot following that.

Timeouts aren't a magic bullet, but the CAN help, and for that reason need to be used.

As I said before...if the "blink and were down 2 buzz" start to last nights game wasn't enough to knock the cobwebs out, I doubt that a timeout would have had much effect either. And considering I'm not on the bench and have no idea what was said to the guys during the goalie switch, I'll leave all the speculating and subsequent criticizing up to you guys.

We have the WORST PP in the league.

This is directly related to the coaching staff. Newell Brown, correct? He did amazing work at beginning of his tenure but for the last year or so it's been complete garbage, it's costing us games, and he needs to be held accountable.

We'll have to agree to disagree then, because I strongly feel that if you can sense a goalie is going to have an off game (which happens, and it's VERY visible) or even off period, you pull him.

The fact that this deflated the team for the ENTIRE GAME is pathetic, however.

I'm not suggesting we sit anybody. I just want AV to spit out his damned gum and say something to his players when they are playing lazy, sloppy hockey. He can't just expect to figure everything out for themselves, but that's all he damned well does during any given game.

Is AV afraid to talk to his players? Does he "respect" them too much to criticize?

Either AV refuses to talk to his players (for whatever reason), or they don't listen. Either way, his job is in vain, and he needs to be replaced.

Where are the coaches when Canucks play a game? They need to do something in games and consistantly they do nothing. Oh yeah they pulled Schneider but after Oilers scored 4 it was all over. The team can only do so much.There are times the coach can and must do something. Even a "time out", but AV doesn't know what to do.

until this team actually loses first round we have nothing to complain about sorry do u want us to be in a position like say florida or colorado or calgary because the way people are posting they are acting like we have the worst team in the league

after every loss its the same b.s trade everyone and fire everyone but after a win its oh we have the greatest team ever give it a rest you bipolar fans

We lost in the 1st round last year and the team has been playing like sh!t since before that until now. We have lots to complain about, our powerhouse, scoring juggernaut, presidents trophy winning team from only 2 years ago has been reduced to a Bluejacket offence with average to great goaltending.

This team is going backwards in one hell of a hurry. Nothing to complain about?

We lost in the 1st round last year and the team has been playing like sh!t since before that until now. We have lots to complain about, our powerhouse, scoring juggernaut, presidents trophy winning team from only 2 years ago has been reduced to a Bluejacket offence with average to great goaltending.

This team is going backwards in one hell of a hurry. Nothing to complain about?

Archived