The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Jamie McBain (Carolina) Available?

Please MG...........NO MORE SPINS OF THE ROULETTE WHEEL!

Let's get someone GOOD that will make a difference. This team gets more average every year. Where are the f------g game changers?

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger 1m

Jamie McBain's name has surfaced in trade market. Carolina sounds open to options on return. 25 year old will attract offers.#tradecentre

One more year at 1.8 (cap hit) then a RFA. Right handed shot. Defenseman.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

As @DarrenDreger tweeted earlier, I'm also hearing Jamie McBain is available in Carolina... has one more season on his deal at $1.9 M

Its only now Garrison has started to show that one of our LHD can swap sides. We also have Bieksa, who is apparently injured atm and we have not fared well while he's been out, and Tanev but certainly could use a RHD. Especially if he can skate and carry the puck!

Any reports / observation on McBain's puck skills anyone???

Jokinen and McBain could be a good package?

Heck; Raymond, Ballard & we might not have to give up a first...

He might be available but i doubt Vancouver will be interested. Defense.That's one place I think Vancouver is fine with.

i think a deal could get hammered out for Jokinen and Mcbain.

Carolina could use Ballard potentially and maybe they would be ok with a pick or as another posted said Weise(or contract dump player)

If Raymond is day to day with an injury i dont see him being moved.

I would do ballard and raymond for jokinen and Mcbain though

We sendroughly 6.5m out and take 4.9m back add a pick if needed like a 4th to compensate for salary difference?

According to Hockey's Future, Carolina prospect Ryan Murphy could make the jump to pro next year.. and he's a right handed shot to replace McBain..

Maybe Raymond for McBain straight up?

He still had TONS of upside, but has definitely backtracked a bit this year.

I was really high on him his rookie year though, and defense men with hockey IQ are tough to come by, especially apparently with a right handed shot and at a low cap hit and an RFA.

I think MG will be all over McBain if the possibility is there. The posters in this thread doesn't appear to realize this young guy's value.

It's a mystery why his name would be out there - the Canes have Corvo and Faulk on the right side, so perhaps they see McBain as a bit expendable, but he's an intelligent puck mover with lots of offensive upside, good size, doesn't play a physical game but is a sound defender and blocks his share of shots.

He also has good underlying numbers facing strong quality of competition (2nd on the Canes) and holds his own.

The fact that he has another affordable year before an RFA, and a right side guy makes him pretty attractive. Would add a nice balance to the blueline, and another solid part of the top 6.

The price won't be cheap but could be a good fit.

Perhaps we take Jokinen off their hands if they take Ballard for McBain and sweeten it with a mid round pick for Jokinen who cleared the waiver wire.

Ballard, 4th.

McBain, Jokinen

I think MG will be all over McBain if the possibility is there. The posters in this thread doesn't appear to realize this young guy's value.

It's a mystery why his name would be out there - the Canes have Corvo and Faulk on the right side, so perhaps they see McBain as a bit expendable, but he's an intelligent puck mover with lots of offensive upside, good size, doesn't play a physical game but is a sound defender and blocks his share of shots.

He also has good underlying numbers facing strong quality of competition (2nd on the Canes) and holds his own.

The fact that he has another affordable year before an RFA, and a right side guy makes him pretty attractive. Would add a nice balance to the blueline, and another solid part of the top 6.

The price won't be cheap but could be a good fit.

Perhaps we take Jokinen off their hands if they take Ballard for McBain and sweeten it with a mid round pick for Jokinen who cleared the waiver wire.

Ballard, 4th.

McBain, Jokinen

Archived