The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Challenge for CDC and Canucks Fans in general

BuretoMogilny

Sorry,bud,but you have yet to enter the real world of performance.

When they suck,they need to get better.

When they do well,they need to get better.

Whipping yourself into a delusion of positivity is hardly realistic.

I agree. However, sometimes criticism is what comes first on mind rather than saying move on. But, this team needs all the support they can get, just get behind them and be the 7th man.

Delusion of positivity?

We've had one of the best teams going for a couple of years now...what's not to be positive about? If you remember the days of old in Canuckland, that wasn't always the case. Save the negativity for when it's warranted? If you don't feel positive about things, why on Earth would you subject yourself to them on an ongoing basis? And call others out because they've got it wrong? That's the part that doesn't make sense to me

NHL standings as of 10:14 est April 06, 2013

1. Chicago

2. Pittsburgh

3. Anaheim

4. Montreal

5. Boston

6. Vancouver

There are officially 5 teams in the NHL with more points than the Vancouver Canucks

I rest my case and the jury finds your arguments to be nonsense.

Yes, let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya.

This is a message board, there are going to be those with opinions you and others deem negative. But they are entitled to those opinions. Objectivity, realism, criticism, these things have their place. CDC has always been this way.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

It is not about feeling positive or negative.It is getting the job done without making a big deal of it.

I did not partake in riots when the Canucks lost but thousands did -twice -in this franchise's history.

This is a fan base that is delusional to the point of destructive violence-on multiple occasions- when the chips were all in and it was time to be gracious and grateful.

NHL hockey is a corporate entity.The players play for themselves and their team mates.

I enjoy the game and skill and appreciate the specific dynamics.I attempt to avoid being a fanatic with the above in mind.

The riots had NOTHING to do with Canucks, their fans or hockey. So please, that's weak.

I am a fanatic. Oh well, guess we're different.

I like hockey. Born and raised in BC I like the Canucks but I will watch a KHL game if the Canucks are stinking it out.

There were two riots in Vancouver following Stanley Cup final losses.

Pretty sure Canucks fans were involved.

I like hockey. Born and raised in BC I like the Canucks but I will watch a KHL game if the Canucks are stinking it out.

The first one sure....it was nearly 20 years ago though...time to move on now?

The second one...absolutely not. It was pre-planned and just needed a venue.

So lame to bring this crap up.

I've been a fan of this teamfor far too long to believe that blind faith is goin to make us a better team. Been there, tried that.

Also, much as I'd like to think otherwise, I've watched far too many teams take the Stanley cup with very little fan support to speak of (Tampa, Carolina and Anaheim all come to mind) to believe that fan support is the difference in winning a cup.

And anyway, the whole experience tends to be a bit more enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously, don't get too critical or too defensive about the team, and just enjoy watching some hockey. We all lose sight of that sometimes, myself included.

So lets all try and have some fun, enjoy the rest of the season, and look forward to the playoffs. Go canucks go!

So, is this a thread about cheering in the Rogers Library or about talking hockey on the CDC forum? I agree that the players love to play in front of a loud stadium and when playoffs happen I have no doubt the place will be screaming, but if our guys poop all over the ice... are you saying that we are not allowed to come on to CDC, Twitter, FB, etc to talk hockey?

For the most part, rogers arena is extremely quiet when the team needs the energy from the fans the most. Yes, even in the playoffs.

I think the plain fact that so many players come forward saying that crowd energy and positive emotion does give them a boost and does give them a shot of adrenaline should be enough to make fans wanna go crazy instead of sitting on their hands or their faces buried in their iphone.

Archived