The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where do our goalies rank in the league? Top ten?

vcrguy

Well yanking your chain, but it's all in good fun (I hope). I was surprised at the number of people that didn't read my scarcasim, you'd think people on here would know me better by now? I couldn't stop LOLing reading the responses, even smurf47 was tricked (you'd think he'd know better with all the sticking up for him I've done).

Hope I'm not banned for trolling, be easy on me mods. ;)

Injuries can affect stats pretty heavily too(both for the player, and for the player's team)

16 games is more than a big enough sample size, and that's only made more apparent by the inclusion of Luongo into a lot of these lists.

Well I don't agree with Luongo being on any top 10 list. At least not this season.

If we're ranking them for this season as if it were Vezina nominations, games played is a big factor. There's other goalies with similar stats who have played quite a few more games and have way more than 8 wins.

Well I don't agree with Luongo being on any top 10 list. At least not this season.

If we're ranking them for this season as if it were Vezina nominations, games played is a big factor. There's other goalies with similar stats who have played quite a few more games and have way more than 8 wins.

Well yanking your chain, but it's all in good fun (I hope). I was surprised at the number of people that didn't read my scarcasim, you'd think people on here would know me better by now? I couldn't stop LOLing reading the responses, even smurf47 was tricked (you'd think he'd know better with all the sticking up for him I've done).

Hope I'm not banned for trolling, be easy on me mods. ;)

In my opinion Niemi is like osgood he will never be known as a great goaltender, may only be remembered for being on a good team and winning the cup. Even though his numbers may say otherwise. That said my order of top 10 would be as follow.

1) Fleury

2) Bobrovsky

3) Schneider

4) Lundqvist

5) rinne

6) Rask

7) Quick

8) Price

9) Luongo

10) Brodeur (how do you not have him in top 10)

In my opinion Niemi is like osgood he will never be known as a great goaltender, may only be remembered for being on a good team and winning the cup. Even though his numbers may say otherwise. That said my order of top 10 would be as follow.

1) Fleury

2) Bobrovsky

3) Schneider

4) Lundqvist

5) rinne

6) Rask

7) Quick

8) Price

9) Luongo

10) Brodeur (how do you not have him in top 10)

I think Lundqvist and Rinne are the best goalies in the league. Here is how I would categorize the others as proven, rising star, or wild cards.

Proven goalies are guys that have been around awhile and are earning big paychecks. They are considering good starting goalies and even with a bad season here or there maintain value.

A rising star is a young goalie who has played enough games to show their talent but haven't had a long enough stretch as a starter to be considered proven.

Wild cards are goalies who can be great one year and bad the next year. They are generally young and have bad seasons sandwiched between good seasons and do not have the longevity or track record of success to be considered "proven".

Proven

Luongo

Price

Fluery

Miller

Ward

Backstrom

Howard

Lehtonen

Brodeur

Kiprusoff

Rising Star

Rask

Schneider

Dubnyk

Fasth

Holtby

Bishop

Wild Card

Anderson (he borders between proven and wild card IMO)

Bobrovsky

Niemi

Crawford

Quick

Halak

Smith

Varlamov

Elliot

Bryzgalov

Reimer

Saves: 270

GA: 13 (11 w/o Edmonton game)