The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where do our goalies rank in the league? Top ten?

vcrguy

Lou only at #2? Show me another goalie on the list that has better career numbers then Lou? Ok brodeur possibly but he's washed up at this point and Lou is in his prime.

Cory at #6? He hasn't even played one season as a #1 goalie and he's in the top 10? The only reason he has better numbers this year... Well and last is that the team plays a much more defensive game with Cory in net and keep all the shots from the outside. With Lou they can gamble a little more because they know they have the best goalie in the game ready to save there butt.

Lou only at #2? Show me another goalie on the list that has better career numbers then Lou? Ok brodeur possibly but he's washed up at this point and Lou is in his prime.

Cory at #6? He hasn't even played one season as a #1 goalie and he's in the top 10? The only reason he has better numbers this year... Well and last is that the team plays a much more defensive game with Cory in net and keep all the shots from the outside. With Lou they can gamble a little more because they know they have the best goalie in the game ready to save there butt.

No doubt, Schneider is awesome but a lot of fans are crazy delusional. My buddy honestly thinks Schneider will end his career as the greatest goalie in nhl history, better than brodeur and Roy and sawchuck and Dryden lol... No joke honestly he thinks that...

Crazy stuff

In terms of general ability, this is a debate we could have forever.

Right now though, Cory is the best in the league. He has started the last 10 games, and put up these numbers:

Saves: 251

GA: 13

SA: 264

S%: 0.951

TOI: 544:13

GAA: 1.433 (1.212 w/o Edmonton game)

Record: 8-2-0

Shutouts: 3

If he keeps that up, he'll drag us through one more round than we deserve come playoff time.

I'm just trying to base it on a one year draft. If you were a GM and you had the pick of any goalie in the league to try to win the cup for "one" year, what goalie would you choose?

I personally would take Brodeur or Rinne, but as you can see by the posts, everyone has a different opinion.

I dunno, call me a homer but i think it's Schneider. I believe he is the best goalie in the NHL he just hasn't proved it yet. He will though. I'm not saying he's gonna go down like a Broduer Roy type legend, but I think he's going to have a nice little run as leagues best goaltender. He's the next big thing

Archived