The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Dregers reports on Luongo

canuckbeliever

Nonis is a douche for pulling this dick move. You can be sure the other GMs have taken notice of his bull as well. It's a small community, the 30 GMs of the league, and everything you do gets noticed by everyone else.

I did not and do not believe for a second that Scrivens and 2 second-round picks was what Gillis asked for from Toronto. As noted in the article, it just doesn't add up. It makes absolutely no logical sense for a contending team to make that move, and considering the moves Gillis has made in the past, I doubt the truth of what Dreger said even more.

Dreger is usually a very reliable source, but in this case he was probably misinformed by that troll Dave Nonis.

Frankly I just don't get the bad contract handle hung on the deal.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/683

although it's long if you include the entire contract you can see that the salary for the last 4 years is $3.4, $1.6, $1.0, & $ 1.0 I don't believe Luongo will be playing the 4 years of the contract OR if he can still play they'll be a heck of a deal for some team. But more than likely Luongo will be retired.

So...he has 5 years left at $5.3 which ranks 7th in the league for goalies. Rinni as an example has a further 6 years at $7.0 Mike Smith is reported to be looking for the same.

Luongo is not as bad as the media wants you to believe

Like most people on this board, that type of trade does not make sense at all unless there was another pending deal on the outcome of that trade. But for a mediocre goalie and two second round picks... someone is seriously smoking crack.

That was part of the point. I believe Nonis will live to regret not taking whatever deal MG suggested, or at least engaging in a fair back and forth. I think we can all agree the leaking of information will not bode well for him in the future either.

I watched all seven games in both series. Montreal didn't bail on their goalie like Vancouver did. Luongo was definitely better than price. If lu was on Mtl for that first series, boston wouldn't have made it past the first round.

Bottom line is canucks were too banged up and hurt to play infront of lu. They scored 8 goals in 7 ...

Agreed. In fact, everyone talks about how feline the canucks were and how they were girls... Nobody talks about how it took the big bad bruins SEVEN games to beat a team that had nearly 50% of the team playing injured/unavailable, and ONLY scored 8 goals against them.

If they were so good, they should have swept the nucks.

Archived