The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our coach ain't bad....

Ronning4center

We're pretty quick to slam AV when he makes mistakes. Not playing young forwards, mismatching the lines so much you want to throw things at your flat screen.

Consider this....with the amount of injuries we have had this year we are still firmly atop the north west. We went on a six game winning streak with five of our regular forwards out...and we continue to win. In my opinion, this is all coaching. Granted they were'nt the prettiest wins but the fact remains he got the job done. What more can you ask of a coach?

I would not be upset to see another short extention Coach AV. His supporting staff? ...mmmmm not sold.

We're pretty quick to slam AV when he makes mistakes. Not playing young forwards, mismatching the lines so much you want to throw things at your flat screen.

Consider this....with the amount of injuries we have had this year we are still firmly atop the north west. We went on a six game winning streak with five of our regular forwards out...and we continue to win. In my opinion, this is all coaching. Granted they were'nt the prettiest wins but the fact remains he got the job done. What more can you ask of a coach?

I would not be upset to see another short extention Coach AV. His supporting staff? ...mmmmm not sold.

AV is not a bad coach, in fact, he's a very good coach. Most of the criticism ebbs and flows with the team's wins and losses. He would be snapped up very quickly by another team if the Nucks let him go. This is a coach that has had a lot of experience guiding a winning team.

The most reasonable complaint about AV is the length of time he has been coach. Some think that the team has 'tuned him out'; others that his system and MOR have become stale.

The biggest problem is who would replace him if there was a change. The better coaches in the league are pretty secure in their jobs. Bringing in a less experienced coach could have a negative factor on a team of veterans.

For now, I want to see how the team does in the playoffs. If they have a good run, then I don't have a problem with AV. If it's another lackluster series, then it's time to make some changes.

He is a top coach surrounded by a solid staff, some may argue that last part lol.

The Canucks have never been in such a positive, stable management/coaching situation before and it is the plan the team is following moving forward. I see no reason to believe there would be a change at any time in the near future, except for say the odd coaching staff member.

There is not a better option out there currently to coach Vancouver, don't take that for granted.

maybe they're just complaining cause they find canucks hockey boring to watch.

you know, H Sedin to D Sedin to back of the net. repeat.

So boring...

Archived