The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Schneider Starts Saturday

canuckbeliever

Luongo really isn't getting a chance. The one break he gets, he steals us a game and he's back on the bench. As good as Schneider's been during this latest run, he never faced 41 shots. 19 and 20-something save shutouts. I guess you could say Luongo had two of them as well in the Calgary game alone.

Doesn't really matter, either goalie is turning up huge for us right now.

Luongo really isn't getting a chance. The one break he gets, he steals us a game and he's back on the bench. As good as Schneider's been during this latest run, he never faced 41 shots. 19 and 20-something save shutouts. I guess you could say Luongo had two of them as well in the Calgary game alone.

Guest Dasein

The difference between the LA series and the Boston series is that Schneider gave up 4 goals against LA and Luongo gave up 20 against Boston.

The Canucks lack of scoring against LA was a problem because all of the games were within reach. Against Boston our lack of scoring didn't matter because all of the losses got out of control.

I don't understand the people saying Luongo "deserves" another start.

Luongo has asked to be traded.

If a guy asks to be traded from a team he no longer "deserves" anything from that team in the way of playing time.

He "deserves" a new home.

He no longer "deserves" to start another game for the Canucks.

If he ever starts another game for the Canucks it's because Cory is hurt or needs a rest.

If he ever gets another start, then playing well will help him find the new home he wants.

We had no business being in that game 7. At least Luongo took us there. Schneider in 2011 could not have. Now? Maybe. But we don't know yet because we haven't seen him in that pressure situation. Personally, I think he is capable. We'll see soon enough.

Going to make something clear here. If for some reason AV started Lu for the playoffs and he played so well it was impossible to pull him. I would not complain about it. While I am personally more inclined to trust Schneider with the role, I am a Nucks fan first and would be happy to be wrong.

I honestly get the feeling that some of you want Cory to fail. What obscure need does that fill? Seriously think when you say "I hope Lu regains the number 1 in the playoffs" as if hoping for a collapse or injury just so you can see a favourite player in net? Nucks first, players second or please go to the new team your favourite players play on. (that goes double for the Kassian haters)

You see if you took your luongo glasses off and put aside ONE win against CALGARY a team with NO finish at all, the worst team in the league, and put it against the wins and shutouts Schneider has been getting I think you would understand. AV is going with the goalie that pulled this team out of the gutters and got us into the playoffs. The guy that stole 6 in a row. Now go take those glasses off or give them a clean.

Archived