The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official NHL 14 Thread

Please Call 911

Live the life is retarded. Just under 1000 pts in first 2 seasons of ELC (Superstar, High Impact not hard at all), and the GM trades me for a 4th and 5th round pick. Meanwhile, Henrik gets 4 first round picks and Brooks Laich from Washington in 2017.

Good to know Henrik still has tons of value in 3 years.. lol.

No wonder this game mode and 94 mode bombed. Just poorly designed to the extreme.

Live the life is retarded. Just under 1000 pts in first 2 seasons of ELC (Superstar, High Impact not hard at all), and the GM trades me for a 4th and 5th round pick. Meanwhile, Henrik gets 4 first round picks and Brooks Laich from Washington in 2017.

Good to know Henrik still has tons of value in 3 years.. lol.

No wonder this game mode and 94 mode bombed. Just poorly designed to the extreme.

The other teams don't value a puck hog.

The other teams don't value a puck hog.

Seems they do, and it's not all goals. 99 overall, 671g, 455a through the 3 seasons got me 8M on the open market. I'm done with the mode now, I retired to see if there was any achievements or anything but it was just a page with all my accolades.

Seems they do, and it's not all goals. 99 overall, 671g, 455a through the 3 seasons got me 8M on the open market. I'm done with the mode now, I retired to see if there was any achievements or anything but it was just a page with all my accolades.

I was kidding around.

I really don't see why you would even play the game if you're scoring every minute. That's not very fun.

After a few straight Stanley Cups, I decided to dump some of the old guys and bring in some youth.

Biggest one - Traded Kesler to Boston for the 3rd overall pick - a 6'6 79 overall 4.5 star defenceman right out of the draft.

Sedin - Sedin - E Kane

Kassian - Vermette - Frolik / J Jokinen

Silfverberg - Hertl - Frolik / J Jokinen

B Pouliot - Campbell/Cormier - Paille

Edler - Gudbranson

Hamhuis - Larsson

Kilger (acquired in Kes deal) - Gustafsson

Quick

Lack

Best part - I still have 11 mil in cap space!

Kane and Kassian never put up points unless you edited their stats. Vermette as a 2c seems pretty weak.

Kane and Kassian never put up points unless you edited their stats. Vermette as a 2c seems pretty weak.

E Kane does well enough (60-70 points), but Kassian (and every other PWF) sucks.

I just completed the OHL season and going into the draft, when is the draft order determined for the teams? I've reset over 5 times now and it keeps coming up as Flyers, Oilers, then Jets.

I'd rather be drafted by Winnipeg Jets than Flyers or Oilers.

I've had NHL 14 since it was released and barely played it up until now.

I'm having a lot of fun doing the BAP as a Sniper and Goalie...even played a couple online games as a goalie. I find it takes way too long to get an actual player to have a half decent skillset without having to purchase boost packs...so, playing online as a goalie has been quite fun.

Don't think i'll buy a next gen console for years, so i'll be stuck playing NHL 14 for awhile...I want to actually PLAY my Sniper's career out completely and see how long I can actually do it.

What's the longest career you guys have had for a BAP player without simming?

I had a defenseman jump from 81 to 87 at the end of the season. He wanted 5.8M on a long term contract so I gave it to him (I had the cap at that time). I sim forward to September and he's now a 79 overall with the massive contract. I can't even trade him (at 50% retained) with the four best players on my roster for a 7th rounder.

RIP me.

I had a defenseman jump from 81 to 87 at the end of the season. He wanted 5.8M on a long term contract so I gave it to him (I had the cap at that time). I sim forward to September and he's now a 79 overall with the massive contract. I can't even trade him (at 50% retained) with the four best players on my roster for a 7th rounder.

RIP me.

I hate when that happens. I understand going down a couple overalls (he was hot at the time), but I hate when they lose an unrealistic amount.

In BAP my Kassian suddenly hit 91 ovr by the end of the playoffs, and he wanted a huge contract (8 or 9m), so I gave to him. Unfortunately, by pre-season he was back to 82 ovr and had an 8yr mega contract.

I reverted to last save and flipped him (while he had his insane value) for Kucherov who is now my 40-50 goal scorer. :)

I dont know if this was already posted or not, but ill post it anyway.

So theres a insane glitch in BAGM. It allows you to buy out any player from any team in NHL, even if your not play as that team.

Heres how to do it:

1) Goto the resign stage

2) Go to your team and look at any player that is signed(to get the best players have it sorted to show the best overalls 1st)

3) Now quickly goto any team and press X on PS3. A on 360. Make sure you can still see your player

4)Now it should show the player you want to buy out, and ask you to confirm that

5) Hit yes

6) Now just fully buy him out

This does not affect your team one bit, just the team whose player it is(dont worry your player wont get bought out)

Enjoy!

Thank you. I got stamkos using this glitch.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived