The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Edler

L'Orange

I have to say something.

I have been a serious anti-Edler contingent on the CDC for the last while.

I have to say that he has really turned his game around and is making the defense look very solid now.

He has been taking the body with some highlight reel bulldozings (I'm looking at you Oscar nominee Mike Smith) and has scored goals on shots goalies have no chance of stopping. Putting him with Garrison and Bieksa with Hamhuis would be ideal right now.

Anyways. I am glad to have been wrong about Edler. Very glad.

End communication.

Still not convinced. He has had a terrible season and yes he has been good the last few games but they were against teams like the Avs and the Flames. Lets see how he does when he faces skilled and fast team like the Hawks next week. But he needs to have a good playoffs to get back on the fans side after this lacklustre season he's had

I find that players who are consistantly inconsistant frustrating. I dont think Edler has lived up to expectations and is at the age and experience level that it isnt too much to ask for him to be more effective most of the time.

With Garrison panning out I wonder if we could afford to trade him and get a great return on a top 6 winger.

Still not convinced. He has had a terrible season and yes he has been good the last few games but they were against teams like the Avs and the Flames. Lets see how he does when he faces skilled and fast team like the Hawks next week. But he needs to have a good playoffs to get back on the fans side after this lacklustre season he's had

Are you guys crazy! Every team in this league would be foaming at the mouth for Edler. Bob Mckenzie said if he hit the open market he wudda got crazy money. If you are going to build a defensemen you build Edler. Big , Strong , Physical , Amazing shot , Can run the powerplay , Everyone seen his offensive prowess when he went end to end against CBJ! I was watching an intermission one night and the panel said Edler is one of a handfull guys that can win the Norris!!

Are you guys crazy! Every team in this league would be foaming at the mouth for Edler. Bob Mckenzie said if he hit the open market he wudda got crazy money. If you are going to build a defensemen you build Edler. Big , Strong , Physical , Amazing shot , Can run the powerplay , Everyone seen his offensive prowess when he went end to end against CBJ! I was watching an intermission one night and the panel said Edler is one of a handfull guys that can win the Norris!!

Thats why so many guys at this point in the season are eager for the playoffs. Its a chance to erase the regular season good or bad and just go all out. I hope by our home stand and def playoffs we have Higgins , Tanev , Bieksa back and If we can make second round , Booth. Itd be amazing to see our full lineup!

as i have said many times

1. All Star last year

2. Tough playoffs, injury to come back from and yet people jump all over the guy.

3. Did you know the following?

a. only 3 pts out of the top ten in scoring for dmen this year

b. 5th in shots by a defenseman

c. tied for 5th in pp points by a dman (only 3 out of first)

d. and yes inconsistent on d this year but only a -2

hmm

boy he sucks

He has weaknesses too. Not a good skater, not really a PP QB, shot isn't that great, isn't a quick decision-maker, and doesn't play with much urgency in his game. That being said, he still has the ability to be a #1 defenseman if he goes back to the way he played last year for the first 3 quarters of the season. Looked MUCH better positionally.

I am not quite sure what games people have been watching, but it looks to me that Alex Edler is throwing his weight around pretty well out there.

A vaaaaast improvement from a month or so back. Just in time for the playoffs too.

Archived