99 replies to this topic

#61 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Gives Schneider 5 days off between games, which is too much for a hot goalie.

Really, is that so? For a hot goalie? So your basically saying we should start the red, hot goalie? I think you're forgetting that Luo played absolutely incredible against Calgary and Nashville. Yet AV started Schneids the next couple games. So much for a hot goalie

33y40fk.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#62 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Really, is that so? For a hot goalie? So your basically saying we should start the red, hot goalie? I think you're forgetting that Luo played absolutely incredible against Calgary and Nashville. Yet AV started Schneids the next couple games. So much for a hot goalie

Yes Luongo was incredible against a couple of basement teams, your point is?

#63 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

When is the last season where Luongo didn't have a meltdown in the playoffs playing more than a game or 2?

That's right, his first season here. He's a great regular season goalie who can absolutely steal games. That won't cut it for this team; they need a goalie who can consistently give the team a chance to win. We can't afford to be giving the other team an easy W with this group.

LOL, honestly you don't watch the games, or your a bandwagoner. He does consistently give the team a chance to win. All goalies have bad games. Look at Schneider the last couple games before yesterday. Wait, do you even watch games? :S

33y40fk.jpg

#64 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Yes Luongo was incredible against a couple of basement teams, your point is?

Basement teams? Every team in the NHL is good. All games are competitive. You have to battle hard for wins. Those games we won? Lou kept the team in the game until they found their feet.

33y40fk.jpg

#65 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Basement teams? Every team in the NHL is good. All games are competitive. You have to battle hard for wins. Those games we won? Lou kept the team in the game until they found their feet.

Your post reads like something AV would say.

#66 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

Your post reads like something AV would say.

Maybe I am AV.. 😯

33y40fk.jpg

#67 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

^Lu obsesser

Lu discrimnator.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#68 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

After today's games, especially the Mild panicking, I now do feel starting Lu is a good call. Schneids had a pretty rough week. Let him focus on practice/concentration/form, those things 'tenders like to work on, when they've a little time to do so. Give him Ana, & the option on Edm, if he wants it, to stay sharp.

Vs the dirty Hawks, I'd like to see a tough lineup. Call up Vandemeer-give him a dance with Bollig; Piniz & Weise too. Sit Ebbet for a game or two. A basic, defensive approach with an emphasis on a good, hard hitting style.

We gotta' get some of that injured D back by this wknd!

#69 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

I just don't understand

It is blatantly obvious that the organization has anointed Cory Schneider as the #1.

Like him or hate him the reality is Luo may never start another game as a Vancouver Canuck.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#70 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

I wish AV would just straight up say who's starting for the last few games so I can go to the last game Lu will most likely play as a Canuck (and bawl my eyes out like a baby at Rogers Arena).

I'd start looking in tickets for the ducks game.

For all you Lou haters out there (myself included) Lou has handled the situation as well as he could and has not complained at all about his backup roll. He is only as good as he is and although he has let us down a number of times he has always tried his best, it's all he can do. He has done a lot for Vancouver and I think we should give him one last game in Vancouver, I sure Cory would want him to have it.

#71 Jagr68

Jagr68

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Screw Lu

SCHNEIDERMAN!

#72 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'd start looking in tickets for the ducks game.

For all you Lou haters out there (myself included) Lou has handled the situation as well as he could and has not complained at all about his backup roll. He is only as good as he is and although he has let us down a number of times he has always tried his best, it's all he can do. He has done a lot for Vancouver and I think we should give him one last game in Vancouver, I sure Cory would want him to have it.

Can't sit Schneids after a game where the only way the Hawks can score on him is when the ref joins in on the forecheck.

Edited by AV's Replacement, 22 April 2013 - 11:20 PM.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#73 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Luongo is such garbage how can people not see this? He would've let in 5 goals tonight most likely. I could probably snip him in praccy all day long.

#74 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Luongo is such garbage how can people not see this? He would've let in 5 goals tonight most likely. I could probably snip him in praccy all day long.

and the most retarded post of the day goes to you, congrats

#75 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Gotta' admit, I stand corrected. Figured Lu was the right call today-but the team they iced was dynamite! Guess I'll let AV continue to make the calls for a bit... :)

#76 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

No.

Our starting goalie for the playoffs needs to play the Hawks.

As many of us have been clamouring, that should be Lu.

#77 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Goalie A: 18 Games, 2.34 GAA, .913 Sv %, 2 SO
Goalie B: 30 Games, 2.11 GAA, .927 Sv %, 5 SO

Which goalie has earned the starting job in the above example?

Edited by AV's Replacement, 23 April 2013 - 06:38 PM.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#78 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

News flash, Schneider played this game.

Edited by Gman, 23 April 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#79 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

News flash, Schneider played this game.

news flash, this thread was made before the game

#80 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

And that's because his track record has been so outstanding in the playoffs?

#81 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Is it a good idea? He usually plays them well. Give Schneids a good rest, after a difficult week. Also a stiff test for Roberto, even if the Hawks sit some guys.

Any other lineup suggestions for last few games? I'd hope Schneids vs Ana(decide later for Edm).

Should we rest any other fwds. Just give Higgy 1 or 2 games prior to PO's? Finally, do we base roster strategy on how Minny does(they have an easy game tom, but face LA on Tues)?

wawaweewa, I guess you fogot Cory's 43 save performance earlier this year. Kane said that they feel they lose some of the rivalry when Luongo does not play, and lets not forget the absolute embarassement Luo suffered against chicago... tehehe and u want to throw Luo in there... I like u but u crazy man

#82 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Shoulda coulda woulda..... No, next.

#83 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Goalie A: 18 Games, 2.34 GAA, .913 Sv %, 2 SO
Goalie B: 30 Games, 2.11 GAA, .927 Sv %, 5 SO

Which goalie has earned the starting job in the above example?

With the teams we have played the last month against the NW division, had Luongo played those games we would still be in the same position and Lu's stats would be better than what they are now. But Schneider got most of the games against those teams he was able to improve his stats. Lu would have improved too if he got 30 games.

Edited by cmpunk, 23 April 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#84 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

With the teams we have played the last month against the NW division, had Luongo played those games we would still be in the same position and Lu's stats would be better than what they are now. But Schneider got most of the games against those teams he was able to improve his stats. Lu would have improved too if he got 30 games.

Gave up 1 goal against each of Detroit (fighting for their playoff lives), and Chicago (likely presidents trophy winner). Which of these teams was an easy NW game?

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#85 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Gave up 1 goal against each of Detroit (fighting for their playoff lives), and Chicago (likely presidents trophy winner). Which of these teams was an easy NW game?

Not talking about those 2 games. His stats didn't improve in just 2 games from where they were in the beginning. They improved over time and during the winning streaks we had they were against weak teams. All I am saying Schneider got a chance to better his stats because he got more games, if Luongo played 30, his stats would be better than what they are now too.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#86 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Not talking about those 2 games. His stats didn't improve in just 2 games from where they were in the beginning. They improved over time and during the winning streaks we had they were against weak teams. All I am saying Schneider got a chance to better his stats because he got more games, if Luongo played 30, his stats would be better than what they are now too.

So you are arguing that Lou's numbers are worse because of a smaller sample size.

Yet in the other ongoing goalie thread your cohorts apollo and primus are arguing Cory's number are only better because of his smaller sample size and he'd never be able to match Lou's numbers in a larger sample size.

Maybe you guys want to get together on this?
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#87 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

And that's because his track record has been so outstanding in the playoffs?

I forgot our other goalie has stolen numerous playoff games...
Posted Image

#88 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I forgot our other goalie has stolen numerous playoff games...

Game 4 against LA. Gave the team a chance to win when they had no business being in the same rink as the Kings in 3 and 5.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#89 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

So you are arguing that Lou's numbers are worse because of a smaller sample size.

Yet in the other ongoing goalie thread your cohorts apollo and primus are arguing Cory's number are only better because of his smaller sample size and he'd never be able to match Lou's numbers in a larger sample size.

Maybe you guys want to get together on this?

You can only get your stats better by playing more games. Am I making an excuse for Schneider saying he sucks? No, I clearly said he has played more games so he has a chance to improve his stats which he did. Would he be able to improve without playing more games?

Luongo would only be able to improve his stats if he got a chance to play more games and if he did he would have too considering the opponents this shortened season. And show me please where I have said in other threads about sample size?

Do you get what I am saying here?

Edited by cmpunk, 23 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#90 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

You can only get your stats better by playing more games.

Unless you play worse.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.