The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation about what gets people into "heaven" or keeps them out

Harbinger

Dwelling with these metaphysical questions hold no value, other than to pass time. Why discuss the concept of Heaven, when we cannot even understand the existence of it's divine maker?

If you want something to follow, in the absence of "faith" here you go:

"If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion." - David Hume

I didn't say zero scientific value...it's not a lie, it's the wrong interpretation. Course, once a more widely accepted interprtation comes out, and those continue to contradict it, then yes, I guess you can say they are lying,....

That said, I don't believe the hard core Creationists and their literal interpretation anymore than I believe Wespro Baptists are doing God's work.

I still believe that God created the universe.

I still believe Jesus existed and was the son of God and paid the penalty for our sin debt.

I didn't say zero scientific value...it's not a lie, it's the wrong interpretation. Course, once a more widely accepted interprtation comes out, and those continue to contradict it, then yes, I guess you can say they are lying,....

That said, I don't believe the hard core Creationists and their literal interpretation anymore than I believe Wespro Baptists are doing God's work.

I still believe Jesus existed and was the son of God and paid the penalty for our sin debt.

You don't see the hypocrisy in and complete and utter horse-hooey of basing your entire religion and belief system on a supposedly infallible book of fairytales and then trying to explain away discrepancies by moving the goal posts every time part of it becomes exposed as the load of utter crap that it is? Does it not call in to question at all the legitimacy of the entire book?

Next you're going to try to tell me Mason Raymond's hard to knock off his skates!

If you actually read and comprehended the link cited by Heretic it would be quite obvious why it was inapplicable to me.

Maybe you need some direction to grasp why the link is inapplicable to me.

First hint - constitutional jurisdiction over regulation of professions.

Second hint - geography

Third hint - what is good character.

I see nothing hypocritical at all about my beliefs.

I see no "horse-hooey" in it at all.

Again, the Bible is a book on how to and hot not to live your life.

How you interpret it is up to you.

Moving "goal posts" was your word.

I said interpretation can change - just as theories can.

The book is legitimate.

Yah nothing ever applies to you WC.

Maybe you need some direction to grasp why I don't give a crap about anything you post.

First hint - your posts are meaningless and you constantly contradict yourself

Second hint - your ridiculous post count lets us know that CDC is your life

Thrid hint - you wouldn't know what good character means if it slapped you in the face.

40,352 usless posts, keep going bud you might accidently post something of value one day.

In all fairness, he does post a lot of useful information.

His demeanor is not perfect - but that applies to most if not all of us.

Him saying it doesn't apply to him because of geography and/or constitutional jurisdiction over regulation of professions is just a cop out so he can sleep better at night. Hypocritical actually...I've been accused of not being more Christ like, but he believes he is perfect and that anything that contradicts his style doesn't apply to him. Talk about moving goal posts - he removes them all together sometimes.

Archived