The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation about what gets people into "heaven" or keeps them out

Harbinger

Did you not read my post? It's a new question. A question for those making positive claims that all that exists is natural.

Saying "all that exists is natural with 100% guarantee" is different from saying "I don't believe in a creator".

Still not seeing the difference?

Go and read everyone's posts then.

And no I'm not going to remember what each individual thinks, considering how many people are on here. I only remembered you saying there is no heaven. That all you have to say? Oh and mocking too.

You continue to dance around the question. Usually a sign of not wanting to admit someone else is right. I won't say that is the case for you, but you're leading me to believe that.

People here have said all that exists is natural. Which is relevant to the topic.

It's just a hypothesis...I think it's certainly plausible but it is not something that could ever practically be tested so it's just a thought experiment at this point...I find black holes fascinating...and as there seems to be a propensity for human beings to look for a balance in anything...if there's a black hole sucking things in...it would certainly stand to reason that in order to fit the "balance" theme that its opposite..a white hole...would do exactly the opposite that the black hole does...namely spew energy out as the black hole sucks it in. The energy does not technically disappear since it is being hypothetically transferred to the other universe via the white hole...In this hypothesis I wrote out I even go so far as to suggest that the black hole is in fact an extremely unstable wormhole that has the capability to transport energy, matter, light...from one universe to the next...if science and technology were to advance far enough to the point we could achieve interstellar travel it could possibly be tested many many years from now..but from what we know about black holes...which actually isn't much..matter and energy is theorized, after it passes the event horizon..to spaghettify...and we theorize that whatever goes past doesn't survive...but we don't know that for sure.

Quick thought: there was that 8 year old boy who was deemed to be dead, but got revived, and this boy said that when he was "dead" he was in heaven. The story is something similar to that. If that happened to you, would you think that was "evidence"? It would be quite the thought provoker eh?

i understand what you're saying, everyone has their own opinions, beliefs, non-beliefs, etc. Everyone is free to think what they want. The thing I don't like is when people mock someone's thoughts.

People in general need to be more open minded on the subject, and realize that they could be wrong. There will always be a gap that isn't filled. Whether you choose to fill it with a creator, or scientific theories, is up to you.

They talk about these sorts of things on the Atheist Experience. How does the child know he was in heaven? Can children, or this child for this matter, comprehend the idea of heaven and what it is about? Given that he is probably religious, as are his parents, he is simply force fed this place called heaven after death. I'm not a neurologist but perhaps it is simply a trick of his mind given his upbringing. Again there is no way to verify anything about any of these claims and visions people supposedly have. There is probably a completely natural explanation for them. Another question to the question is, how come these people generally have their visions of god or heaven in near death experiences, when they're on their death bed doped up on medication. These things tend to occur when individuals are in their worst mental state.

Archived