The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Province] Loads of Canucks playoff tickets available raising questions about Vancouver market

-Vintage Canuck-

I sincerely applaud you sir from behind my veil of weakness... I tried I really did . I cursed I smashed, I cursed some more. I am actually a very strong willed individual but I am truly disappointed in myself for caving when the first puck dropped :(

As others have pointed out it comes down to value for money. As much as I love the team, I can admit that they are kind of boring. I can count the number of 60 minute efforts they have put in this season on one hand. It's not good value for the money.

I live on the island but made it out for 10 home games in the 2011 playoffs and 3 road games. This year I will watch at home as it's almost as much fun watching on TV (the arena is lame, compared to others) without all the hassle of travel.

On top of that the in house entertainment is pathetic. It's virtually non existent. It's simply not a real family atmosphere and why would it be after families are priced out of the market? Having Fin shoot t-shirts out of a bazooka is kind of lame and played out. On the subject of lame and played out the DJ has got to go. In recent games he actually played Barbara Streisand and Captain & Tenille's "Love Will Keep Us Together". For God's sake it's a hockey game not sing along hour at the senior's center.

On the subject of the music. As much as I was in favor of trying something new for the opening song, DJ Dave has failed miserably in coming up with anything better than the U2. Everything he has tried sucks so bad it's embarrassing.

The team had better be coming out to the old U2 for the playoffs or off with his head.

I have center ice and as the season drew to an end with important games I was amazed at how drawn into the game I was when they played a pump up song at the right moment. Which is pretty much all game.

They should fire DJ Dave or at the very least only give him 10 songs he can play. I am a rock fan so I didn't get into the music debates but I've realized how ridiculous he is. I think he misinterprets the moniker DJ Dave. A hockey DJ is not the same as a night club or 70's lounge DJ. You don't play crap like Barbara Streisand or Captain and Tenille ... EVER !!! It's a simple job. Put on some classic pump hockey songs when there is a break in play. It isn't rocket science and GM Place is pathetic because of it. Dave figures this is his opportunity to introduce us to some old classics or some new popular garbage we haven't heard before. Not the time or place.

I am not a U2 fan but I agree we might at as well bring that back because hey it's ours and he's failed miserably with eveything else.

Archived