The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Province] Loads of Canucks playoff tickets available raising questions about Vancouver market

-Vintage Canuck-

You could probably book a flight to Cali, tour the state, get in a fight with a Hollywood celebrity like Bradley Cooper, buy him off to not take it to court, pay for some aging but still satisfactory company, order a 'world-famous' sandwich (for a price perhaps overblown due to reputation, but it'd be a delicious meal nonetheless), then go to a Canucks game in San Jose, and it'd probably cost less than getting half-decent seats in Rogers Arena.

Slight hyperbole

I live in Calgary and get free tickets from work quite often. I also usually attend the Canucks games with some friends who come down from Saskatchewan. From the vibe I get about GM place it's not even as energy filled as the Saddledome.

All in all I would rather watch from home anyday. Even when we get tickets in the second or third row it's better at home where viewers get the following.

$1.75 beers that get served all night.

$2.00 jaeg bombs,

$2 burgers,

restroom is 5 feet away with next to no line up.

Smoking allowed on the balcony with clear view of ice surface

Comfortable reclining chairs,

free internet, and computers for all to use while they watch.

Cheering is also allowed

I live in Calgary and get free tickets from work quite often. I also usually attend the Canucks games with some friends who come down from Saskatchewan. From the vibe I get about GM place it's not even as energy filled as the Saddledome.

All in all I would rather watch from home anyday. Even when we get tickets in the second or third row it's better at home where viewers get the following.

$2.00 jaeg bombs,

$2 burgers,

Cheering is also allowed

I'm glad. Wake up Acquilini. The product is not worth the price of admission.

Why on earth would I take my wife or son to the game and blow minimum $500 for the night when I can use that $500 for something else?

They made a big mistake with their pricing and now its biting them in the butt.

If 1st round was this expensive, imagine how much they were planning on jacking up each round?

I paid $140 for upper bowl game 1 tickets. The last game I went to was game 7 vs the hawks 2 years ago for $200. With the way the prices are, my strategy is to go to a few important games and watch the rest at home/bars.

It becomes very affordable this way and the value for the money for me is maximized. I don't spend too much money at the arena either since the stuff is so overpriced. 1 or 2 beers is enough as I'd rather be watching the exciting important game than eat and drink and get drunk there.

$2.00 jaeg bombs,

$2 burgers,

Cheering is also allowed

Aquillni has treated this market like his own personal piggy bank for the last several years and it's finally caught up to him. I must say It's good to see. What will be even more interesting is the max exodus of season ticket holders in the coming years. Now that extra tickets have become a liability instead of an asset a large amount of ticket holders simply won't be able to afford tickets at these exorbitant rates.

As others have pointed out it comes down to value for money. As much as I love the team, I can admit that they are kind of boring. I can count the number of 60 minute efforts they have put in this season on one hand. It's not good value for the money.

I live on the island but made it out for 10 home games in the 2011 playoffs and 3 road games. This year I will watch at home as it's almost as much fun watching on TV (the arena is lame, compared to others) without all the hassle of travel.

On top of that the in house entertainment is pathetic. It's virtually non existent. It's simply not a real family atmosphere and why would it be after families are priced out of the market? Having Fin shoot t-shirts out of a bazooka is kind of lame and played out. On the subject of lame and played out the DJ has got to go. In recent games he actually played Barbara Streisand and Captain & Tenille's "Love Will Keep Us Together". For God's sake it's a hockey game not sing along hour at the senior's center.

On the subject of the music. As much as I was in favor of trying something new for the opening song, DJ Dave has failed miserably in coming up with anything better than the U2. Everything he has tried sucks so bad it's embarrassing.

The team had better be coming out to the old U2 for the playoffs or off with his head.

Aquillni has treated this market like his own personal piggy bank for the last several years and it's finally caught up to him. I must say It's good to see. What will be even more interesting is the max exodus of season ticket holders in the coming years. Now that extra tickets have become a liability instead of an asset a large amount of ticket holders simply won't be able to afford tickets at these exorbitant rates.

Archived