The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which player would you say is under the most pressure to perform?

Canuckler87

Raymond, contract year, playoffs make or break you!!!!

If the offense spreads out a little more on the 2nd & 3rd line then the pressure won't be as much for the Sedins who have to do most of the heavy work like they have been doing throughout this season being the consistent scoring line what with all the injuries suffered this year.

Compared to the last few years this team has very little pressure on them.

The only one predicting the Canucks to win the cup is Garret. Half the fan base is predicting failure.

;) Kypreos is even predicting the Sharks go to the finals

They don't have to over think it, they don't have to worry about living up to expectations. They just need to go out there & play.

Yeah Schneider has the most pressure on him, but then this late game injury even takes a lot of that off him. He can go out & lay an egg & it will just get put down to him being rusty, not being 100%.

There should be very few guys on this team holding their sticks too tight.

:) i like it

In the playoffs, you need the whole team to perform better...but if I was to single out someone...I'd say the Sedins.

They have been labeled as disappearing when the playoffs start.

They need to do better in the playoffs than the regular season - that is, they need to perform at an even higher caliber than they normally do.

Every player is going to have to play their heart out for us to have a chance this year. We rely on the Sedins for their scoring. We rely on the 4th line for their energy and hitting. We rely on Roy, Raymond and Higgins for secondary scoring. We rely on Kesler to get into beast mode. We rely on the upper pairings of d-men to be responsible and contribute offensively, and we rely on the lower pairings to be solid and not make mistakes. If any of these players don't do their job properly, it puts us at a disadvantage.

The competition have improved where we barely have. If the entire team plays hard, I think we have a chance.

The only ONE player who keeps us from having a chance if he doesn't play well is Schneider. We could always turn to Luongo which is fine, but if Schneider craps the bed for 2-3 games straight, we're going to be in a hole we might not be able to get out of.

So in short, there's pressure on all the players. But if I had to pick one, it would certainly be Schneider.

I think Kassian will be under a lot of pressure from the fans. There's no chance that he gets moved if he doesn't perform like was being asked. But I get the feeling that a larger number of this fan base is just itching to turn on him. Hopefully not, considering his age. He's a lot younger than some people seem to realize when they criticize the guy.

Daniel Sedin, there are a lot of other players with pressure, but the Sedins have a history of being shut down by ugly play and a lack of calls in the playoffs. Henrick is a centre, his work on faceoffs and breaking out plays will be seen, Schnieder will either play well or not.

I agree that Raymond needs to reappear and play like he was when there was a Schroeder on the line with him, but that doesn't look like its going to happen right now.

Anyhoo, Burr needs to stay out of the penalty box at crucial times too and I think he will put a lot of pressure on himself to do so.

GO CANUCKS!! :)

Kassian.... and its Gillis's fault.. he said with a straight face last year when we traded for him that he was ready to make an impact and was the type of player we needed in a roster going into the playoffs last year.... well that didnt pan out so we are a another year down the road , their are all sorts of younger players in the league making a huge difference and contributing alot more to their teams than kassian..so i dont buy this "he is young" as an excuse, he must perform

Whoever is in net. This is Vancouver where the goalie pays for the sins of the team.

Just look at the final playoff game against the Ducks. Luongo plays absolutely out of his head and somehow gets that crappy team to overtime and all anyone remembers is his one mistake.

Game 7 against Boston. Sedins are crap, the team can't score but it's once again all Luongo's fault.

Archived