The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

why hang on to one of the league worst powerplay?

oldtimer

Given the absolute dismal production of our first powerplay unit why is the coaching staff so reluctant to change it up, more specifically why are they so determined to keep Edler on that unit despite his obvious ineffectiveness? Worse then that ,he actually looks completely befuddled on the powerplay as he wastes 10-15 seconds behind the net to then proceed in slow motion up the ice to make his now proverbial backward pass. He is so slow all other members of the PP have to be completely immobile and wait for him ,except for one poor guy who has to remain behind him to try and recover the puck from whatever crazy backward pass he decides to make. How many times have we all witnessed it? Why does he get to do this over and over? Why can't the coaches tell him ABSOLUTELY NO BACK PASS? Better yet why not just try Garrison on the point on the first unit? I don't see the downside.

The whole Newell Brown debacle experiment should be over before the Canucks season is.

The drop pass is so predictable that Edler probably doesn't even want to do it anymore and hesitates.

I assume its all part of Newell Browns powerplay, Edler doesnt get to decide,

for all we know if he doesnt do it he gets taken off the PP for Aaron Rome.

Oops that was last year, Now we just make danny play the other point...cause he's known for his top of the circle slapper....

not his wrist shot

Mike Gillis and AV just hate a winning formula i guess.

Just put Kesler in front of the damn net with Garrison and Edler shooting bombs. Stop making things so God damn complicated. Wanna know what happened when Kesler was in front of the net? We had the best powerplay in the NHL.

Kesler never got injured when he played at the front of the net. If that's why he's not there, then that's a joke.

MG and AV need to go. MG is an idiot for letting Ehrhoff and Torres walk and AV is an idiot for messing around with a winning formula.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I wouldn't mind seeing this:

Weise-Lapierre-Raymond

Alberts-Corrado

See what happens. Can't get much worse.

Mike Gillis and AV just hate a winning formula i guess.

Just put Kesler in front of the damn net with Garrison and Edler shooting bombs. Stop making things so God damn complicated. Wanna know what happened when Kesler was in front of the net? We had the best powerplay in the NHL.

Kesler never got injured when he played at the front of the net. If that's why he's not there, then that's a joke.

MG and AV need to go. MG is an idiot for letting Ehrhoff and Torres walk and AV is an idiot for messing around with a winning formula.

Archived