The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is it always OUR offence that evaporates?

Canuckler87

Is it a coincidence that our offense evaporates most out of all the teams that have consistently made the playoffs in the last few years? I refuse to believe it. 13 goals in the last 11 playoff games. I don't care if you put Patrick Roy in net during his prime.. you simply are not going to win playoff games at almost a goal a game pace. So the onus should be on our top scorers and coaching staff to do more. A lot more.

What adjustments do you guys think have to be made to score more goals? I think first and foremost, to score goals in the playoffs you have to have determination and grit. Crash the net, get in the goalies kitchen. Stand there and take the hacks and wacks. Make them uncomfortable. Yet all i saw yesterday were say a prayer shots from Raymond and unconfident, double clutching Sedin twins.

Skill can only take you so far when it comes to scoring goals in the playoffs. You have to WANT it. Don't look for the perfect plays, just fire at the net. Shoot at Niemis pads and get rebounds that way. Daniel needs to not think to much and just shoot.. he's looking like Henrik out there.

I also suggest stacking the lines like some teams do in the playoffs. It is known to have success. Just look at Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan line a couple years ago. Very difficult to contain. We can have two stacked lines with the players we have. Putting weaker players with better ones will not make the weaker players significantly better (unless your Crosby like talent wise).

What are some of your guys suggestions? Is this more of a coaching thing or something players have to fix from within? Clearly offense is what is wrong here. If we score more than a goal a game I believe we have the defense and goaltending to go deep this year. Go Canucks!

Ever since the power play dried up in the 2011 Scf, the canucks cant seem to score. Guys like Raymond, Higgins, and Burrows need to step up if the focus of the opposing team is always on the Sedins and Kes

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows line is too predictable. Teams know all you gotta do is be physical on them and stop the cycle. Why not try Kassian and Kesler there more? The acquisition of Roy allows us to play with those options and give our offense versatility and different looks. AV is scared to use those line combos unless the game is pretty much out of reach with barely any time left. Put Garrison on the top unit on the PP as well, to me it's been a no-brainer ever since the start of the season.

It's the playoffs so you have to accept tight checking defensive games (assuming both teams are playing well defensively). My guess is AV will shake the lines up a bit for Friday's game and *hopefully* the team can generate more offense.

The Canucks definitely have the players to do it. Time to step up now or say hello to an early golf season.

Regular season stats:

Goals for Canuucks: 127

Goals for Sharks: 124

CBJ put for almost as many goals as the Sharks with Letsestu as their leading scorer. Quit making excuses for AV and the coaching staff like they have nothing to work with.

Have to drive the net and go to the dirty areas. That is how you win in the playoffs. Too many of our players played this game without the necessary intensity to succeed. Their teammates who did show up should be p***** off and let everyone know it, so expect better execution in game 2. If they don't step it up, we will not be heading to the second round and will most likely be heading to the golf course before the Islanders get there.

Archived