The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12pm Press Conference on Thursday

kirkmclean1994

"Look, you don't get rid of a guy who is your winningest coach in franchise history. Emotions are running high right now, and we'll come back a week or two later to re-asess the situation and address our needs."

Supposedly Gillis is tight with the Aquilinis and he will be there tmr which is too bad because although I think AV should go Gillis did a horrible job by ruining this team after 2011. More of the blame should fall on MG than AV.

I also have a feeling now that decision of the starters on game 3 and game 4 might have come from the higher ups (MG)

This presser is earlier than usual and that is the reason I think they will be announcing something beyond "We are going to be evaluating everything over the next couple weeks." If you are going to fire AV, if it is a foregone conclusion, then do it now so that AV, management, the players and us fans can begin moving on from this era. Dont drag it out as it is painful and disrespectful.

They might be able to just play a recording of last years conference. How many days after elimination was that one. IIRC AV was not scheduled to appear then either so there was this buzz about it. Come to think of it, we could maybe just bump the thread from last year on this. Having said that, it could be the end for AV. Newell Brown for head coach!!!! Maybe Gillis will get the flush just like Dave Pratt!!!

Archived