The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

I will be real mad if we let Torts go. He is the best, most accomplished coach out there plain and simple. I think MG should be fired if there isn't a hiring by tomorrow. Dallas could still swoop him up.

Great basis to fire someone. :picard:

It actually is.

He can't trade Luongo.

He can't hire a coach. All of them go somewhere else after he interviews them

Its a combination of everything. I've had it up to here with this guy. It will be a final straw of sorts.

Up to where? that doesnt make any sense over the internet. I like that he's patient. but sometimes i think MG is just a front for the media and LG is the real gm since he makes trade calls and extensions and everything else.

Seems like a stern well spoken intelligent guy. Never knew about his eye injury.

Wouldn't mind him as coach over Tortorella if it came down to it.

1988Calder Cup Hershey Bears (Player)

1991Calder Cup Springfield Indians (Player, Team Captain)

1998Calder Cup Philadelphia Phantoms (Player; Team Captain)

2005Calder Cup Philadelphia Phantoms (Head Coach)

2008The Hockey News Coach of the Year

2012 - Stanley Cup "Los Angeles Kings" (Assistant Coach)

I hope everyone will be real entertained by Tortorella's post game comments while we're losing game after game.

Anyone that watches hockey because of the coaches is watching it for the wrong reasons.

Sather summed up what I was saying about Tortorella. He's an old school coach in a new school league. Today's game needs creativity and puck control, not dump and chase, and sitting back and blocking shots.

Stevens and someone like Maurice is more of what this team needs.

I hope everyone will be real entertained by Tortorella's post game comments while we're losing game after game.

Anyone that watches hockey because of the coaches is watching it for the wrong reasons.

Sather summed up what I was saying about Tortorella. He's an old school coach in a new school league. Today's game needs creativity and puck control, not dump and chase, and sitting back and blocking shots.

Stevens and someone like Maurice is more of what this team needs.

Glen Sather? The same guy who signed the Richards, Gomez, Redden contracts?

i dont know how much i care for this "lets try hatd and keep getting better do our best " nonsense...that reminds me of our captain saying after almost every playoff loss that "we played pretty good.."

get someone in the room and light a fire..maybe it is only a short term solution..but this team does seem to have a short window to compete

Archived