The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

I wouldn't unless we needed his cap hit desperately, otherwise if we are buying him out just for the sake of buying him out I hope he doesn't do it.

If Philly is unable to trade Briere and forced to buy him out(which seems to be the case), then I fear the same will have to be done with Lu..So it's looking like Booth stays

Don Hay would be an interesting choice for me. He has some NHL experience and knows how to treat young players. Coaches a strict, hard nosed, work ethic style that may be the voice the locker room needs.

Gillis says he wants the team to be younger, bigger. Hays seems like a plausible consideration based on what Gillis wants.

Read this and tell me this doesn't sound like the kind of man we need behind our bench:

http://www.hockeybuz...26#.UZ7OoqLMC8A

I'd love to have Boucher. His system would work great with the core group we have and his passion is unmatchable.

Actually a good read. I'd been wanting to find out more about him and that Philly game was pretty much front and centre in my mind.

The article makes some interesting points about how he got Stamkos, Vinny, Marty and others to play at the top of their games. Could be just what our veteran core and young guys need. The fact that he has multiple degrees will have MG falling all over himself to get him here.

Here is one off in space.

Pär Mårts. I doubt any of you have heard of him. He just coached sweden to their gold medal win with the sedins.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Pär_Mårts

Awards [edit]

• Gold medal as assistant coach at the 1992 World Championships.
  • Silver medal as assistant coach at the 1993 and 1995 World Championships.
  • Bronze medal as assistant coach at the 1994 World Championships.
  • Olympic gold as assistant coach in 1994.
  • Elitserien playoff winner as head coach for HV71 in 2004.
  • Swedish Coach of the Year in 2004.
  • Silver medal as head coach at the 2008 and 2009 U20 World Championships
  • Bronze medal as head coach at the 2010 U20 World Championships
  • Elitserien silver medal as player in 1978

Seems like a good coach. Was a hell of a player. Only problem might be if he didnt speak english.

If Gillis is serious about playing a skilled team next year then he might be able to get that team off the ground.

Read this and tell me this doesn't sound like the kind of man we need behind our bench:

http://www.hockeybuz...26#.UZ7OoqLMC8A

I'd love to have Boucher. His system would work great with the core group we have and his passion is unmatchable.

Intriguing read. If there's one thing that would concern me about Boucher, it's that he might have a very short shelf-life like many other 'passionate' or fiery coaches. The article itself mentions how quickly 'his message wore thin' in TB.

That said, there might not be a lot of time left with the current core in place, so maybe hire Boucher to squeeze what's he can and by the time he loses the room, the Canucks might be in the rebuild phase.

If Bylsma lost another 1st round series he would have been fired. Same with Claude Julien, he was definitely going to be fired.

Winning a cup doesn't matter 2 or more years later, it's about what have you done for me now.

The answer for us is easy 1 win in 9 playoff games.

Chicago is trending this way now too. 2 First round exits now this year possibly out to Detroit.

Archived