The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts gets interviewed today.

Canouver

Ummm it's not the media's fault. It's 100% torts fault for any media blowup. Blaming the media is a copout and deflecting blame. Never happened with AV. Happens every place torts has coached. It's 100% preventable by torts if he chooses to do so. I can't even believe you have the audicity to say it's not preventable by torts.

You have delusions. Pure and simple. The media distort and manipulate and they fool people, like yourself, into drinking the kool aid.

To you, Tortorella is a jerk to demand common courtesy from adults in a professional setting. There are and always will be two sides to every story. And the media is as guilty as hell.

Wait until he's been here a few months and sees the relentlessly negative spin that they put on everything and how they co-sign all the garbage that comes at us from Toronto and elsewhere.and constantly undermine the team in any way they can. These guys have had this coming for 43 years!

Too many of you guys suffer from a persecution complex thinking the media is out to get our poor canucks, especially the eastern media. The local media here is fine. The team has played like crap the last 2 playoffs and deserve to get called out for it. The only writers I don't really like are ed willis and ian macintyre. By and large the vancouver media is pretty tame compared to the toronto media.

Man, some of you guys would wet your pants crying if we had the same ny media that cover a team like the knicks. I really can't understand the media hate vancouver fans have on here and on hfboards. It really does make vancouver fans seem like crybabies when a lot of you are always crying about how mean the media is to our poor canucks.

Nah, the Toronto media is pro-Toronto, for the most part. That's a real misconception. The Vancouver media is the only group that takes a 'neutral' position on the local team in the thirty team circuit. In fact, they pride themselves on their 'neutrality' as if their job covering a freakin' hockey team is of real importance to the community. This 'neutral' stance extends even to game seven of the Stanley Cup Final.The other unique thing about this market, and it's been this way since the old WHL days, with the exception of Grant Kerr, nobody assigned to the hockey beat knows a damned thing about hockey. I'm hoping that Torts is the man to finally expose this.

Anyone else hear TG on the pregame yesterday? Of course, over dramatizing it like Torts had slapped a baby? Making such a big deal out of it - suggesting that Torts thought he was better than everyone else in the room? Glad that BMac (I think) put him into place and pointed out how he was exaggerating things. Wow, Tony's really become quite a nag.

Lol, you're drinking the torts kool-aid pretty heavily just because he had some sweet talk during the summer. You're delusional if you think the media is some big bad wolf out to get torts. It's quite sad and laughable.

You're the type of person that can't take their homer glasses off and automatically have to defend torts cause he's our guy now. I don't even care about the cell phone incident as you should turn off your cell phone, but he could have handled it better. I'm talking about his overall history with the media and how he can't control himself. You seem like the type of person that would defend the penn state molestor coach and blame the media if he was our coach.

Anyone else hear TG on the pregame yesterday? Of course, over dramatizing it like Torts had slapped a baby? Making such a big deal out of it - suggesting that Torts thought he was better than everyone else in the room? Glad that BMac (I think) put him into place and pointed out how he was exaggerating things. Wow, Tony's really become quite a nag.

I think when "change" is meant, it's meant with less fights and less walk-offs. It's very obvious that Torts has a very strong personality. This will likely create some very good stories for the media, but will also likely put some in their place. I think some of the media deserve a swift kick in the butt.

I have to admit I was a little hesitant with his singing at first, but I'm starting to quite like the guy. You know up front what he thinks and he's not going to beat around the bush.

I think when "change" is meant, it's meant with less fights and less walk-offs. It's very obvious that Torts has a very strong personality. This will likely create some very good stories for the media, but will also likely put some in their place. I think some of the media deserve a swift kick in the butt.

I have to admit I was a little hesitant with his singing at first, but I'm starting to quite like the guy. You know up front what he thinks and he's not going to beat around the bush.

Archived