#1 Nigerian

Nigerian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

POPULAR

With seeing the sedins last night split up for the first time under torts, I think we all should expect to see more of that coming especially when there is no outcome from our first line. I liked what I saw from the higgins-henrik-santorelli line and if there were an eventual daniel-kesler-burrows/booth/kassian line I think our offense would be a lot more balanced. I like the way torts is playing our superstars on the PK as well as splitting them up so early in the season. I think the sedins should only be paired up on the powerplay. Extremely talented of course but they are becoming to predictable which is starting to effect their play in the Offensive zone.

With Kassian coming back this weekend against Montreal, I was doing a little research on his stats with his split up time in the nhl. We all know and want the type of player kassian could be and most of us bash him for not breaking out last year at only 22 years old. He has played only 83 games in his time spent in the nhl, basically one full season, and has put up 21 points at the nhl level. As a power forward at such a young age, not to forget the pressure of vancouvers media and fan base, I think he has done well for himself and is obviously still learning. Many reports and interviews indicated that the kid is determined to make a difference this upcoming season with the increased training workload he put on this off season. With a full season, minus the suspension, I have high expectations for kassian and expect no less that 40points out of the kid.

#2 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

If we are winning then I say take out Weber, add Kassian to the 4th line and keep the top 6 as is. Currently it's working, We have 12 goals in 3 games.

Bandeau5.jpg

#3 Nigerian

Nigerian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

If we are winning then I say take out Weber, add Kassian to the 4th line and keep the top 6 as is. Currently it's working, We have 12 goals in 3 games.

Of course weber is the one to go, but Kassian should and will be playing top 6 minutes on either the 2nd or 1st line.

#4 kesler#17

kesler#17

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Amen. hell , you could even take out weise. Kassian would be an upgrade even though I like Weise on the 4th

Posted Image

OCDC BUFFALO SABRES GM PS3 SIM LEAGUE

J.Lupul(86) P.Stastny(86) N.Horton(86).... H.Tallinder(81) C.Potter(82)
D.Perron(84)C.Hodgson(82) R.Vrbata(84).... C.Ehrhoff(83) R.Whitney(82)
J.Mcginn(80) S.Ott(83) A.Hemsky(83).... M.Streit(82) J.McBain(80)
M.Foligno(79)K.Porter(76) A.Shaw(80).... D.Dubnyk(84) J.Enroth(79)

#5 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,639 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Kassian will get to play wherever he earns a spot. Torts is already showing (Hamhuis benched, 4th line player in OT) that he rewards those who are performing and executing. I love it! It really builds the team when everyone knows they are truly accountable to the coach and each-other and will be recognized for their efforts. Kassian will be given a chance in the top 6 but if he isn't getting it done, he could be bottom 6 or even sent down. It's up to him.

#6 Assistant GM

Assistant GM

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

POPULAR

Kassian doesn't have the offensive upside that fans expect from him. He could one day be a second line PWF but he has not yet earned the right to be there. Players like Burrows and Kesler are prime examples of how youth has to move their way up the lineup. Tortorella will exploit Kassians low give a sh*t work ethic and he'll be in the doghouse until he can bring a complete game night in and night out.

#7 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Ideally, Kassian would be paired with a playmaking center to have success, like Lucic with Krejci. Which Kesler is not. He is not good enough defensively to be on a 3rd shutdown line.

Therefore, best spot is with the Sedins, however with Burrows and Hansen playing well with them, Kassian has to play rock solid to earn that spot. Kind of a tricky situation.

#8 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

POPULAR

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Santorelli - Hansen
Sestito - Richardson - Weise
Dalpe
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#9 Skrody

Skrody

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

was hamhuis really benched?

Posted Image

#10 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

You mean 11 goals in 2 games against teams we SHOULD crush. Bring on the SJS and LA type teams. That's when we'll see the the true potency of our offense.

Sig too big. 

#11 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

You mean 11 goals in 2 games against teams we SHOULD crush. Bring on the SJS and LA type teams. That's when we'll see the the true potency of our offense.

Well then, Thursdays we will see the "True potency of our offense". I would be surprised if we win, SJS top 6 is better then our top 6 right now without Burrows.

Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Burks, Hertl > Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Hansen, Higgins, Booth.

Bandeau5.jpg

#12 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

The team is betetr with Kassian playing with the Sedins, there's just not a significant enough drop off between him and Burrows/Hansen on the 1st line. The Sedins have the puck on their sticks most of the time anyways.

However, I believe there's a greater drop off between Kassian and Burrows/Hansen on the 2nd/3rd lines. Burrows has the best chemistry with Kesler on the team and Hansen is an absolute beast on the 3rd line. Probably the best 3rd liner in hockey.

#13 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

put Kasasin on fourth line but give him second unit PP time as net presence.....would love to devleop him as tomas Holomson kind of player?

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#14 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Kassian will get to play wherever he earns a spot. Torts is already showing (Hamhuis benched, 4th line player in OT) that he rewards those who are performing and executing. I love it! It really builds the team when everyone knows they are truly accountable to the coach and each-other and will be recognized for their efforts. Kassian will be given a chance in the top 6 but if he isn't getting it done, he could be bottom 6 or even sent down. It's up to him.

This. Hamhuis has not been very good this season

#15 Absent Canuck

Absent Canuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Dalpe

This

Another great sig by Vintage Canuck

#16 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

All the line-building is still a work-in-progress. I'd say it's too early to definitively say where each player goes. We can't even say for sure, yet, that the Sedins will or will not be split up.

At the moment, I would not consider Kassian a top 6 player. He's done nothing to prove himself. When Burrows and Schroeder come back, he has them, Hansen, and Booth to contend with for the available top 6 spots.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#17 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

17 minutes last night played less than Edler, Bieksa, Garrison AND Tanev.

#18 sabatoge95

sabatoge95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

If we are still scoring lots of goals by the time Kassian gets back then I saw ease him in. Start him off on the third line and as soon as the offense dries up we put him with the Sedins.

Eventually I think the line up should look like this when Burrows gets back.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Hansen
Higgins - Santorelli - Booth
Dalpe - Richardson - Weise

That second line could be the best shutdown line in the NHL while still putting up points.
ice-cube-wants-to-do-another-Friday-200xpineapple_express_clip_hits_the_web_300x200x200px-ZC-a8d75dfd_cheech-and-chong.j

#19 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Some nights Kass will get top6 mins, and others he won't. Consistency in his play will earn him more minuets, that's what we want.
linden Vey Sig

#20 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

It's up to kassian to determine where or even if he will play.
Posted Image

#21 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

This. Hamhuis has not been very good this season

It's a good thing there are 79 games left in the season for him to get things sorted out. :)

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#22 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

17 minutes last night played less than Edler, Bieksa, Garrison AND Tanev.

And nobody thinks he might be playing through an injury?

#23 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Dalpe

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Hansen
Higgins - Santorelli - Booth
Dalpe - Richardson - Weise

I am betting we see both of these line ups during this season.

#24 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

And nobody thinks he might be playing through an injury?

He was given time off for "general soreness" recently, pre season I think.

#25 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hansen Henrik Kassian
Daniel Kesler Santorelli
Booth Richardson Weise
Sestito Dalphe Higgins

w/ Burrows

Hansen Henrik Kassian
Daniel Kesler Santorelli
Booth Richardson Burrows
Sestito Higgins Weise

Edited by Merci, 07 October 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#26 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Demoted to pairing with Tanev, while Stanton played with Juice... it really was Hamhuis who got demoted not Juice.
Posted Image

#27 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Kassian can double shift 3rd and 4th and maybe get some PP time.
Posted Image

#28 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

I'd try this to spread the scoring depth. This is how I'd do it when everyone's healthy.

Burrows - Hank - Hansen
(two gritty wingers who know how to cycle, pass, take the net front and can also one-time passes)

Daniel - Kesler - Higgins
(Kes and Higgy work well, while Daniel helps spread the scoring depth)

Booth - *Schroeder - Kassian
(similar to Cole - Desharnais - Patches, and I'd like to see Jordan set up his wingmates around the net)

Weise- Richardson - *Santorelli
(decent defensive line with some skill)

Sestito, Dalpe
(didn't expect Zac to get relegated from the lineup so quickly, guess that's why the Canes happily traded him)

*If Santo really plays well in the near future, even when Schroeder comes back I'd still give Mike the 3rd line center role, unless in turn Jordan proves he's an even better option for that role.

Edited by Phil_314, 07 October 2013 - 06:24 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#29 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Demoted to pairing with Tanev, while Stanton played with Juice... it really was Hamhuis who got demoted not Juice.

The way Casual Kev plays sometimes it may been seen more of a reward then a punishment to play with Tanev. The guys so cool with the puck and very rarely makes a mistake unlike Casual Kev who I do like alot but come on he was kind of brutal last night. I wouldn't mind them keeping Hammer with Tanev (does he have a cool nick name yet?) for a bit just to see what could happen.

w1dzz8.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#30 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,641 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

IMHO, the best lineup we can put out:

Sedins- Kassian
Burrows-Kes-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Higgins
Dalpe-Santorelli-Richardson

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.