The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] ducks won

Strombone1

The Sedins had better quickly realize that it's not the Swedish Olympic Team that is committed to paying them each $7MM per year for the next 4. It seems that they are saving themselves for the Olympics next month.

For $14MM for 2 players I'd rather have 26 Santorellis for the same price. At least I'd see some hustle and commitment.

Frankly, I have been disgusted with their pathetic efforts the past several games. The next 4 years could be arduous.

This is wishful thinking by Sedin fans.

What if they just arent that good anymore ? They are not purposefully tanking to save themselves for the Olympics. That is ridiculous.

So now we consider a 41 year old Selanne a dangerous threat? No doubt he is still a good player but get real he is not the same player.

And stop the "they runned up the score" crap. That is child talk. Ducks in the 3rd weren't even trying that hard and still got more goals.

The sad thing is that the Ducks didn't look they were trying very hard for the whole game. I was very impressed with their patience and poise, they really don't force much, they know how to make the puck do the work.

The protection for the Cali teams is unreal.

When the Canucks were flying high, once upon a time, the refs never offered them such protection. In fact they were quite the opposite and went out of their way to even things up. Teams have gone goon mode on the Nuks for years but somehow penalties seemed to even out.

Now they fight back...and somehow it's not allowed.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest the Canucks do not make the playoffs this year. They just don't have it. Finally, then, after taking another step back, Gillis is fired and the core is separated.

Looking more and more like that is what it will take. Certainly there have been strong signs for 3 years that MG has ignored. He doesn't have AV to blame for what we are seeing now.

To be absolutley clear - the canucks alone are responsible for the loss tonight. Every team has a crap the bed kinda night and tonight was the Canucks. Don't dwell on it - don't even try to examine what went wrong - it all did. Torts need to get their minds on the next game and put this one in the past pronto

On the officiating - they did not cost the canucks the game. They were however a disgrace. With the game well over to put the canucks down 2 men for 7 minutes is probably a league first. No matter how you cut it - no legitmate hockey fan can support the officiating - it was an embarassment to the NHL

So - not blaming the refs for the loss - it is 2 completly seperate issues.

I read somewhere that Devorski was mouthing "that guy [Torts] is an a**hole". Given that it was probably on these forums, take that with several grains of salt.

actually maybe not. http://postmediaprovince.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/devorskiahole.gif

and I mean there is clearly something personal going on, crazy stuff happens in many other games but you don't see one team penalized like this.

Why has Booth been up in the press box while guys like Weise, Dalpe etc can continue to do basically nothing for long stretches?

Anyhow, lucky for them that Boudreau showed some class and didnt put Getzlaf and Perry on the ice for the last 7 minutes or else we would have been looking at double digits.

In over 3 decades of NHL watching ive never seen a 7 minute 2 man advantage.

Ok Gillis, your team cant run with the big dogs anymore. They cant beat the california teams and have been swept for two years in a row...what more proof does he need that the core is done. Ball is in your court, please dont make us relive a messier style era again.

For everyone so worried about the score it's clear the team stopped skating. Would you rather a 3-2 regulation loss or a 9-1 loss heading into a must-win in Phoenix the next day. They gave it the college try, the bounces went against them, the calls started going against them, they mailed it in. Anaheim put on a show for their home fans. On to the next one.

What I don't get is booth was hit into the boards from behind pretty hard and no penalty three time that I seen (after the second time one of the refs looked to be asking him if he was ok) . Yet we are down 8 goals and get back to back to back minor penalties while on a 7 min 5 on 3. Unheard of honestly never seen this before.

But what better way to eliminate the aggression of a team being blown out than have them out numbered on the ice until the game is over.

And how can kassian keep getting tossed from games without even doing anything.

Canucks seem to be the only team in the league not allowed to fight back or show any aggressive behavior. This stuff happens every night with other teams and nothing but a minor penalty or fighting major with occasional 10 min thrown in for much much worse.

I don't even care we lost I'm mad that the refs handled the game the way they did... Actually this and the L.A. Game.

Also booth was the best guy out there for us tonight. Booth and kassian should have been out there more together..

It's been pissing me off as well that Kassian's been getting misconducts like candy from Devorski lately when he literally hasn't touched anyone. He exchanged a few words and is tossed yet again..

I was reading Devorski's lips, and he said, "he was being an asshole"..... It really agitates me how much power these refs get, it seemed as if they had a bet going on in the 3rd period to increase the Duck's lead...

Ugh, reffing wasn't the reason we lost tonight, but it certainly angered me how out of hand the refs made it when it was an out of reach game

Archived