The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] "Down with the Sickness"

Silfverberg Snipes

There is no doubt anymore. We need to be sellers this season, and prepare for a much better 2014-2015 season. Don't waste picks and prospects on players who won't do anything for us.

Just what are we going to sell? Our only UFA's are Andrew Albert s and Santorelli! Our only players we can afford to sell with some, and its marginal to slightly above marginal at best, value are Hansen, Schroeder, Richardson, Dalpe and one of Stanton or Corrado.

We're not trading Zack! Cannot afford to trade Tanev.

Booth and Weber would not attract sweet FA.

Santo may not be off the injury list before the deadline.

ACCEPT IT PEOPLE

We will not be contenders for a few years and need to rebuild and change the face of the team and look forward to the future with our prospects. The earlier people accept it, the better for their health!

Change the face of the team?

Gillis is going with succession planning. We're waiting on Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce and Corrado. Plus some cap relief and a Booth buy out for more. Its not years. A game of strategic addition. We just don't have any buying power till next year.

And we're not doing a makeover now over a piss poor month!

Days like the Edmonton game it feels like we should.

But we should not!

So...

D. Sedin - Schroeder - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

That is our "top 6" currently. How are we supposed to do anything?

I appreciate Kassian and Kesler trying tonight. Everyone else was asleep at the wheel.

Speaking of asleep. So glad we resigned our resident gingers to 7+mil contracts. They are showing they were totally worth that new contract so far this season. I'm sure when the contract kicks in next season it'll all be better again right?

I am SO SAD right now... The Canucks have made 2014 a very difficult year for me so far.

If kesler scored that crazy goal trust me that would've turned this team around. All these guys need is a spark. Perhaps when the Sedins and Burrows are together they can make something happen.

That spark has been used and abused for a very long time. Its not coming back because we have no new influx of players to change up the dynamic. Even Chicago got Versteeg back, (an actual 2nd liner!!) It took them very little time. Us? We've been waiting 4 years for 'the process' to kick in. Instead we should be stacking our team, inflating the trade value of lower players, then trading them. Its far too late for that though. This team doesnt even have ONE line anymore. Its a clusterF.

Edler continues, now for his 3rd season straight, to be a complete pylon. He doesn't even bring points anymore.

Hamhuis needs to wake the **** up, so inconsistent and mistake prone. Not what is expected of an Olympian, especially a Canadian one.

Garrison...jesus, what the hell happened?

Kesler hasn't been all that great, but he does look like he gives a damn. Rare around here.

Danny....absolutely useless.

Lu needs to play with some more urgency, whenever he goes down on his belly, he just gazes at the puck motionless. Won't get back up until the puck is cleared. Every other goalie seems to claw their way back up to try and make the next save. Lu leaves himself vulnerable.

Stanton continues to impress.

Schroeder seems 50/50 on becoming a legit NHLer

Kassian looks very very good. Still hate the trade, but not because of Kass. Could be a force as soon as next year and on.

So...

D. Sedin - Schroeder - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

That is our "top 6" currently. How are we supposed to do anything?

I appreciate Kassian and Kesler trying tonight. Everyone else was asleep at the wheel.

Speaking of asleep. So glad we resigned our resident gingers to 7+mil contracts. They are showing they were totally worth that new contract so far this season. I'm sure when the contract kicks in next season it'll all be better again right?

I am SO SAD right now... The Canucks have made 2014 a very difficult year for me so far.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think Gillis had them by the balls but caved in early and gave them whatever they asked for.

Contracts based on what they have done for us, not what they will continue to do for us..

Probably should have waited until seasons end before signing them..

They've played their entire career here. Their family lives here. It's impossible for any legitimate team to sign both of them. Gillis had them by the balls..

And yet he overpaid them and threw in an NTC.

Archived