The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not Starting Lou Classless & embarrassing to the Player and Organization another big black eye

CrashCanuck

Apparently people boo'd Lack when they put his picture on the jumbotron

Lou needs to go and quick, he's a cancer to the team and fan base.

Even the Lou homers have to see this it's just a bad situation.

I was there and didn't boo Lack.

Unclassy yes, but its symptomatic if a bigger problem. In no way is it a reflection of the true opinion of tbe fanbase towards lack.

The fans are clamouring for someone to save the day.

Its a "what have you done for me lately scenario"

Mostly because our star players have done sweet frack a for this team lately.

Sarcasm or the most insipid post of the year?

You just don't get it, wants out the team dosent want him and he's tearing the team and fan base apart just by being there. Trade him for anything or nothing just get it done. Your blinded by love.

You just don't get it, wants out the team dosent want him and he's tearing the team and fan base apart just by being there. Trade him for anything or nothing just get it done. Your blinded by love.

Same could be said of kesler. If you believe the sochi bar reports.

I am a fan of Lou and all, but if not starting this game is going to destroy any hopes of him staying here, that's insane. There is no way fans in this city will have the patience for a rebuild, none. It was a game against Ottawa. Yes, it was in a dome, but it's not like they were playing for the conference lead or that this team is going anywhere.

It's one game. Why does this city crave goalie controversies?

1. Crappy weather here 3/4 of the year

2. Outspoken bandwagon fickle fans (more so than most other teams)

3. Requires by far the most traveling compared to other teams

4. The way Luongo has been treated by Canucks management is pretty much just a huge announcement telling every hockey player that they shouldn't expect loyalty/respect from said management

5. Relatively quiet crowd in the arena doesn't exactly generate motivation for the players. Seriously who hasn't noticed this?

Not surprising Luongo doesn't want to be here really, and its hardly just Torts at fault. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if half the roster doesn't want to be here, its not exactly the ideal place for hockey players.

Okay. Just say insipid. "You're blinded by love" is not the issue, though I still "love the Canucks" and will always be a fan.

The only thing tearing this fan base apart (because unless you play for the team you have no idea if anything is tearing them apart) is the embarrassing play by the Canucks themselves - or more so, the results.

Lou needs to go and quick, he's a cancer to the team and fan base.

Even the Lou homers have to see this it's just a bad situation.

Dear Lord people need to chill out. The cancer to this team is any fan who booed Lack during the game. That's the problem here. When Boston starts Chad Johnson, I don't flip out because they didn't start Rask. Luongo will start the next game they play. Unless Lack or Luongo start scoring goals, the real cancer to the team (not scoring) will take them out of the race within the next two weeks.

sam13371337, on 02 March 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

lu lovers with their sense of entitlement rating lu above the team... (apparently this attitude extends to lu judging by his response)

this Is a team game, All players have to contribute to the teams success..

if you get outplayed in your position by a teammate, and he gives the team a better chance to win... then he plays over you. Simple as that.

if lu doesn't like that, He should leave. Tired of his/his fanboys whining.

He already asked to do that the management team even boggled that up!!

I know it's so stupid what fans and the media are trying to stir up. What are we not supposed to play the better goalie? Luongo is being treated like some 3rd world african child living in poverty for crying out loud. He's getting paid not to work and it's considered a lack of respect? dafaq? If there's anything "disrespectful" going on it's Luongo's childish unfunny twitter posts in an attempt to stir things up. WE GET IT! YOU WANT OUT! SHUT UP ALREADY!

This is one of those times where I am embarrassed to be a fan. This is a Heritage classic game and Lu deserves to start it. You know, that guy that who is at the top of most Canuck goalie records? The "increases our chances" is a such poor excuse. That's a very minimal percentage that your increasing by sitting out Luongo in a game he may never play in again. Our goal-tending is not why we are losing. It's the lack of offense and ability to score when it matters (AKA the third period). This is a coaching problem in my opinion and to see Torts say there's a goal-tending issue bothers me.

Also the "We want Lu" chant. Doesn't matter what you (the chanters) say, it was disrespectful given the timing of it. Before the game started, maybe it would be okay, but it started after 2-3 goals were let in, and that's not very supportive. You can say whatever you want, like how you still think Lack is great and didn't mean anything by it, but that doesn't really help. Put yourself in Lacks' shoes and it's still a disappointing feeling regardless.

I want Torts gone in the offseason. I know he hasn't even been here for that long but the most notable things he's done here so far are trying to fight another team's coach, leading the Canucks to the worst losing streak we've seen in over 10 years, and try to kill the confidence of our supposed #1 goalie. The way this season has been going could not possibly be any worse. I don't see how any other coach could be doing worse than what Torts is doing to our team right now.

This whole kerfuffle is about one thing and one thing only: Lou's ego. I totally disagree that Lou "deserved this start" at least if you base that decision on the recent play of the two goalies and if this had been just another snoozefest at their usual rink nobody would have said much about the selection of the starter. But because it's on the BIG stage soaked in hooplah the Cult of Lou is demanding that their hero get the start simply on his star power. That's not how it works in pro hockey, at least not when you need to win something like 15 of the next 22 games. The fact that this has turned into a "distraction" convinces me more than ever that this team need to jettison Lou once and for all. People who say that he's played great recently need to give their heads a shake.

Tortorella is a ego-maniac, if he can get attention he will do it, thus this weird Luongo thing. I would go so far as to say Torts is a narcisistic socio-path. (google it he fits the definition: they view people as tools or a means to an end.)

Don't be surprized the next time he goes into the other teams dressing room in a rage, it's totally in keeping with this disorder.

:picard: Not even worth correcting how completely ass backwards this comment is. Wow.

I know it's so stupid what fans and the media are trying to stir up. What are we not supposed to play the better goalie? Luongo is being treated like some 3rd world african child living in poverty for crying out loud. He's getting paid not to work and it's considered a lack of respect? dafaq? If there's anything "disrespectful" going on it's Luongo's childish unfunny twitter posts in an attempt to stir things up. WE GET IT! YOU WANT OUT! SHUT UP ALREADY!

Where are these twitter posts of Luo's trying to stir things up? Please go to his twitter account and post a copy of them here.

If you mean his joking comment about Kesler, that was tweeted by a reporter, not Luo, and without any context or verbal cues. And he was likely just trying to lighten the mood and help out a teammate by taking the heat off of him since he was obviously uncomfortable with the situation and Luo knows how that feels. But it was one comment reported second-hand without context, not multiple tweets from Luo. If you're going to hate on the guy, at least get your facts straight.

Archived