The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

15 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

You don't have to pay for it, if you or your family ;) already pays for Cable, and has a sports package where you get Sportsnet channels. Read my post above to Xbox what I went through with 2 different companies.

Oh alright thanks dude. Just read it and makes sense. I'll try it out. I only have a couple Sportsnet channels that actually work like Pacific and Snet one since the others are only available in that region. But I'll give it a go

Edited by Beary Sweet

6 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Oh alright thanks dude. Just read it and makes sense. I'll try it out. I only have a couple Sportsnet channels that actually work like Pacific and Snet one since the others are only available in that region. But I'll give it a go

Do you have Bell? I downloaded the App he was talking about and can watch whatever is on the Sportsnet channels currently. I would assume that getting passed the regional blocks would cost extra money though. If not then I want in.

4 times out of 5 when I watch Vancouver play its via firstrowsports.

Edited by Xbox

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

Do you have Bell? I downloaded the App he was talking about and can watch whatever is on the Sportsnet channels currently. I would assume that getting passed the regional blocks would cost extra money though. If not then I want in.

4 times out of 5 when I watch Vancouver play its via firstrowsports.

Unfortunately not. I have just the basic cable that you usually have in every home. Usually Pacific shows most of the Jays game during the regular season. If not, it's on SNet one or some other region. I try to catch a game from time to time during the season. On another note, Jays lose another preseason game but on the bright side, JD is back which is great to see. Hope he can have an MVP like season again!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Whatever you get on your cable you'll get on Sportsnet Now once you sign in.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Whatever you get on your cable you'll get on Sportsnet Now once you sign in.

Alright thanks. Will it give a shot. On another note, tight game between the Netherlands and Puerto Rico. The game has gone to extras. I have to say that it can go either way but I'll have to give the edge to Puerto Rico

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Alright thanks. Will it give a shot. On another note, tight game between the Netherlands and Puerto Rico. The game has gone to extras. I have to say that it can go either way but I'll have to give the edge to Puerto Rico

Never watched the game tbh didn't even know it was on lol.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Xbox said:

WBC got old for me real quick. I just want to watch MLB.

Well when it's big games with decent teams playing I'm interested still, just wasn't paying attention yesterday. I was excited to watch the US vs DR game as their previous game was very exciting. As for the US vs Japan game I'll try and check it out here and there not glued to it though. I'm sure if Canada was still playing we'd be more interested lol, but I feel yeah just want to see the Jays full squad playing a game already.

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well when it's big games with decent teams playing I'm interested still, just wasn't paying attention yesterday. I was excited to watch the US vs DR game as their previous game was very exciting. As for the US vs Japan game I'll try and check it out here and there not glued to it though. I'm sure if Canada was still playing we'd be more interested lol, but I feel yeah just want to see the Jays full squad playing a game already.

US vs DR is the only matchup that I like tbh, any other matchup is meh

I'd only be interested in Team Canada if Votto, Martin and Saunders were there. If Martin, Saunders were allowed to go then I bet Votto would have went.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Xbox said:

US vs DR is the only matchup that I like tbh, any other matchup is meh

I'd only be interested in Team Canada if Votto, Martin and Saunders were there. If Martin, Saunders were allowed to go then I bet Votto would have went.

Yes agree at least a competitive team not a team that has a 39 year old playing 2nd base :picard:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Never watched the game tbh didn't even know it was on lol.

I didn't watch the whole game either lol.. just tuned in early and saw Netherlands were up early but then Puerto Rico responded.. it was tight but a sac fly ended up being the difference. Also I like the idea of having runners at 1B and 2B in extras. it results in the game ending faster with some action. both teams bunted the runners over and intentionally walked the following batter. DR got a double play while Netherlands did not. 

5 hours ago, Xbox said:

YAYYYY!!!! They're bringing dad back on a multi-year deal :)

This is why I love him and Donaldson

Heard it break out too. really happy to hear about this. Gibby is a great manager and knows how to get the job done. he makes great adjustments in game and gets the best from everyone. love that he's here for the long haul. can't think of any other manager that can bring the pennant again back to Toronto. watched that on TSN yesterday also and I lol'd haha. Love it!

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 1

@Xbox and Chuck, what do you guys think of the idea of adding Pagan? he's still out on the market and had a decent WBC with Puerto Rico and still helping them out to this point. he posted a good slash line of .277/.331/.418 last season while batting near the top of the lineup and with Zeke dealing with a thigh issue which apparently shouldn't be a big deal after he and Pillar collided. we've mentioned this earlier in the year also and this might be the perfect time to sign him. 

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1260517-finding-teams-for-the-3-best-remaining-free-agents

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

@Xbox and Chuck, what do you guys think of the idea of adding Pagan? he's still out on the market and had a decent WBC with Puerto Rico and still helping them out to this point. he posted a good slash line of .277/.331/.418 last season while batting near the top of the lineup and with Zeke dealing with a thigh issue which apparently shouldn't be a big deal after he and Pillar collided. we've mentioned this earlier in the year also and this might be the perfect time to sign him. 

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1260517-finding-teams-for-the-3-best-remaining-free-agents

I'm not against having him on the team, but would want Upton traded before adding him because they won't until they drop someone there's to many, Zeke is still a utility OF I don't see them signing Pagan as a utility player, until Zeke is back. If anything this just opens a spot for Ceciliani imo.

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'd love him, but Baltimore tried to sign him a week ago or so but he failed the physical.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I'd love him, but Baltimore tried to sign him a week ago or so but he failed the physical.

That's not quite the story as I read it. The Sporting News reported that it happened at some point during the off season and that it wasn't clear when.

I think it's an important distinction, because he might be healed by now. (he certainly looks okay at the WBC)

• Upvote 1