The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Interesting, Tigers may try Gose on the mound in AAA  http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/report-former-blue-jays-outfielder-anthony-gose-try-pitching/

Edit:  I wonder how many players succeed switching this late?  I don't think Stieb was a pitcher primarily when he was drafted but converted to one very quickly.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

Blue Jays have told P Mat Latos that he can either go to AAA or become a free agent again. He won't be making the MLB.

Yup I was going to post the article  about it. I'm going to do it anyways lol.  Sucks how he hasn't been able to figure it out. After a great start to last season, he has fallen downhill ever since. I certainly hope he figures it out before its too late. It's great to have him as a depth option anyways if he opts for Triple A

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1262740

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Yup I was going to post the article  about it. I'm going to do it anyways lol.  Sucks how he hasn't been able to figure it out. After a great start to last season, he has fallen downhill ever since. I certainly hope he figures it out before its too late. It's great to have him as a depth option anyways if he opts for Triple A

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1262740

I remember him saying he'd be willing to go to Buffalo. The depth would be nice but lets see if he will stick with his word.

52 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So the Jays have released an hype video today for the fans.

Pure awesomeness. We're also fielding our best possible lineup tonight with JD hitting 3rd.

Travis

Martin

Donaldson

Bautista

Morales

Tulo

Pearce

Smoak

Pillar

And we got Ace #1 pitching today too! Mr Aaron Sanchez

My favourite thing about this lineup is the first 7 batters and the guy in the 9 hole. #LetsRise #WeTheNorth

Edit: And it's not even on TV. Awesome.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I remember him saying he'd be willing to go to Buffalo. The depth would be nice but lets see if he will stick with his word.

Pure awesomeness. We're also fielding our best possible lineup tonight with JD hitting 3rd.

Travis

Martin

Donaldson

Bautista

Morales

Tulo

Pearce

Smoak

Pillar

And we got Ace #1 pitching today too! Mr Aaron Sanchez

My favourite thing about this lineup is the first 7 batters and the guy in the 9 hole. #LetsRise #WeTheNorth

Edit: And it's not even on TV. Awesome.

Yeah to bad it's not on TV was hoping it was

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting, Tigers may try Gose on the mound in AAA  http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/report-former-blue-jays-outfielder-anthony-gose-try-pitching/

Edit:  I wonder how many players succeed switching this late?  I don't think Stieb was a pitcher primarily when he was drafted but converted to one very quickly.

Sounds like the perfect 15th inning contingency plan lol.

Sooooo excited fellas, decided to say f*** it and paid for a trip to Toronto to watch the boys play this summer.  Could only get 5 days off of work so only get to see two games as I live in northern BC and travel will eat up 1 day on both sides of the trip. 1st MLB games live ever for me. 

But I'm going to see the Yankees and Pirates play vs the Jays. And if nothing changes(knock on wood cuz it probably will) I'll get to see Happ and Stroman pitch live. But really I'll be happy either way!!! ::D::D::D:towel:

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Was this announced? Didn't see anything like this.

Also @ChuckNORRIS4Cup theScore app is amazing, love it!

Nothing I've seen or read officially yet, I believe he's just asking.

Yeah it's dope, why I've been using it for so many years simple and you get lots of stuff, even all the tweets going on in the game to follow!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah it's dope, why I've been using it for so many years simple and you get lots of stuff, even all the tweets going on in the game to follow!

I'm really loving the widget! I got a brand new phone that can run this stuff and it's so fast to get information from.

They sent me a notification almost 2 days ago saying Pagan would sign in 48 hours (so anytime now). It was down to Blue Jays, Phillies and Tigers. We offer the best combination of playtime, chance to win and desirability. Real chance we can gran him today!

Edited by Xbox

41 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I'm really loving the widget! I got a brand new phone that can run this stuff and it's so fast to get information from.

They sent me a notification almost 2 days ago saying Pagan would sign in 48 hours (so anytime now). It was down to Blue Jays, Phillies and Tigers. We offer the best combination of playtime, chance to win and desirability. Real chance we can gran him today!

Lol I was going to say that in my response to you and totally forgot haha, today is the day!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nothing I've seen or read officially yet, I believe he's just asking.

Also I found this interesting. I read that Melvin Upton Jr. isn't a lock to make the team. So if we get Pagan that's who will be gone so now I'm all in for Pagan.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Also I found this interesting. I read that Melvin Upton Jr. isn't a lock to make the team. So if we get Pagan that's who will be gone so now I'm all in for Pagan.

Interesting, well glad they're taking that approach with him just wish they did the same with Smoak lol. I guess Upton didn't help his case today, although believe it or not Smoak in his last 5 games is finally hitting, he's actually on a 3 game hit streak and yesterday and today went 2-3. Time will tell if he can keep it up, but I don't expect it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TheHitman said:

So Goins isn't going to be on the Blue Jays this year?

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

Was this announced? Didn't see anything like this.

Also @ChuckNORRIS4Cup theScore app is amazing, love it!

Just read this and was a little surprised tbh, don't know how legit it is but sounds like it could be...

It’s likely that outfielder Melvin Upton Jr. will make the Blue Jays, but it’s not a lock, according to Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com. The last spot on the team figures to go to either Upton, whom Toronto acquired last summer from San Diego, or out-of-options middle infielder Ryan Goins. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/03/quick-hits-pagan-tigers-giants-m-upton-rangers-brewers-bosox.html

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup