The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All players should be on the block

PhillipBlunt

Based in how this year has played out, no player should be considered safe.

My personal preference is that young guys like Kassian, Lack, Matthias, Jensen, Tanev, Stanton, and Corrado are viewed as the future.

That being said, if Kesler is being considered as trade bait, both Sedins, Burrows, Hamhuis, and Bieksa must be "made available" as well.

The Sedins, just like the rest of the team, have regressed this year. Therefore, regardless of contract, they must be cleared for consideration.

They are no more or less deserving than Kesler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, or Burrows.

Frankly, I'd prefer to keep all aforementioned players.

Guys like Edler, Garrison, Higgins, and Hansen must be traded. They are not core players and their inconsistent play makes them expendable. But Gillis being foolish, gave these players NTCs. Giving them to the true core was a wise choice and based on loyalty. An honorable idea.

However this team is going to undergo massive reconstructive surgery, and should not spite it's nose to save it's face.

And yes that's the wine talking.

Slainte!

Based in how this year has played out, no player should be considered safe.

My personal preference is that young guys like Kassian, Lack, Matthias, Jensen, Tanev, Stanton, and Corrado are viewed as the future.

That being said, if Kesler is being considered as trade bait, both Sedins, Burrows, Hamhuis, and Bieksa must be "made available" as well.

The Sedins, just like the rest of the team, have regressed this year. Therefore, regardless of contract, they must be cleared for consideration.

They are no more or less deserving than Kesler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, or Burrows.

Frankly, I'd prefer to keep all aforementioned players.

Guys like Edler, Garrison, Higgins, and Hansen must be traded. They are not core players and their inconsistent play makes them expendable. But Gillis being foolish, gave these players NTCs. Giving them to the true core was a wise choice and based on loyalty. An honorable idea.

However this team is going to undergo massive reconstructive surgery, and should not spite it's nose to save it's face.

And yes that's the wine talking.

Slainte!

Your comments about the NTC's are garbage. The Canucks saved a total of around 9 million dollars in cap space with the discounts they got with the NTCs.

The Sedins are going to be seriously tough to move. There aren't many teams in the league that can take on $14 million in salary, especially if the return the Canucks want is high-end prospects. No reason for the Canucks to take on a bloated contract in return, either. They're not going to be traded to separate teams, especially since they have NMCs. It's basically like trying to move one $14 million player.

There aren't too many players on this team that I would be opposed to trading, but I would keep the Sedins simply because they have more value to the team than any possible return they could get.

The new GM MUST go have The Talk with all the NTC's.....it should be a mandatory requirement for getting the job.

Show me a team that just blew it up and traded a half dozen core players just like that... Get real. Even if there was no NTC's, it doesnt mean that there would be good hockey deals to make with these players.

The Sedins are going to be seriously tough to move. There aren't many teams in the league that can take on $14 million in salary, especially if the return the Canucks want is high-end prospects. No reason for the Canucks to take on a bloated contract in return, either. They're not going to be traded to separate teams, especially since they have NMCs. It's basically like trying to move one $14 million player.

There aren't too many players on this team that I would be opposed to trading, but I would keep the Sedins simply because they have more value to the team than any possible return they could get.

Why would we ever want to trade them ? Unless you aspire to be the Edmonton Oilers, then you NEED TO KEEP some top 6 veterans here.

Plus, ownership is willing to spend to the cap. What are we going to do with the cap space ?

Your comments about the NTC's are garbage. The Canucks saved a total of around 9 million dollars in cap space with the discounts they got with the NTCs.

And your archaic thinking is part and parcel of the old guard. And it's garbage.

Why would we ever want to trade them ? Unless you aspire to be the Edmonton Oilers, then you NEED TO KEEP some top 6 veterans here.

Plus, ownership is willing to spend to the cap. What are we going to do with the cap space ?

That was my entire point. There isn't any reason to trade the Sedins because they're going to be insanely difficult to move.

Besides, I have no desire to see the Sedins leave, anyway.

Show me a team that just blew it up and traded a half dozen core players just like that... Get real. Even if there was no NTC's, it doesnt mean that there would be good hockey deals to make with these players.

Who said trading a half dozen players? Find out if any one them are willing to move along. Consider it fortunate if one or two would agree to. It would help.

Because they don't help the team win like they once did? Because they're not worth $14M/year? Do you enjoy being mediocre at the expense of trying something different?

Canucks Rookie: All of the Canucks have been inconsistent this year. Not one of them has played even close to their potential over the season. Bieksa has to go, Edler has to go, Burrows goodbye and Garrison. Markstrom needs more time in Utica but was hung out to dry against the Oilers. Looked like the Canucks are tanking their last two games to make sure they don't catch Winnipeg.

Archived